Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Native FX Propel 13 - Quick Review  (Read 2245 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Hello All,

I had a chance to finally pedal a FX Propel 13 last week at the CCK Paddlefest.  I can say that I honestly liked the boat a lot.  It was smooth, and the bow style really cut the water better than the Slayer models, which are more built for stability.  The drive on the FX13 is the same used for the SP10, with the shorter thwart bar that the 10 uses.  The seat is the same as other models, although sits lower in the water due to the canoe hybrid style hull.  Due to the lower seat position, this added to the stability of the boat and made it super easy and comfortable to stand up in.

The rear thwart/tackle & storage box was a really nice touch to these boats.  This boat would be great if you're primarily a flatwater paddler due to its non self-bailing design - in addition as its a canoe style boat it has a ton of available storage room for daytrips or extended paddle/camping trips.  It has the integrated rails like other Native boats do, which makes rigging easy.  It comes available in 5 different color combinations, and has a transducer mounting location and mounting plate in front of the drive under the hull.

Find out more info by visiting Native's site here:
http://nativewatercraft.com/product/ultimate-fx-propel-13/

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
How much does it weigh?
Catch & Repeat

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
How much does it weigh?
79lbs unladen, drive and seat add about 15 pounds.  I forgot to mention, its a bit faster in my opinion than the SP13, maybe .25-.5mph faster, primarily due to the hull design (narrower) and sharper bow entry.

ThreemoneyJ

• Sea Lion
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Where (which CCK) did you get to demo it? I'd love to demo one, and have been eyeballing them ever since I first saw one.
-John
Angler Of The Year is currently free!!
NCKA Angler of the year (AOTY)link http://aoty.norcalkayakanglers.com/
NCKA AOTY how to link https://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=62574.0
Send me a message if you want to be signed up for AOTY

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Where (which CCK) did you get to demo it? I'd love to demo one, and have been eyeballing them ever since I first saw one.
It was at CCK Paddlefest which I was helping to put on.  The kayak was brought down by our west coast distributor.  I do not believe that CCK actually has one in its shop.  I don't know of any west coast dealers who carry them in inventory, but I can find out if any do, or if we can get a demo set up down here. 

Duckguy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
It was at CCK Paddlefest which I was helping to put on.  The kayak was brought down by our west coast distributor.  I do not believe that CCK actually has one in its shop.  I don't know of any west coast dealers who carry them in inventory, but I can find out if any do, or if we can get a demo set up down here.

It appears in a new thread today that there is one in Arcata/Eureka area. A bit far for the most of us, though.

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=72920.msg829284;topicseen#new
Warning! Retiree; Knows it all and has plenty of time to tell you about it.

Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor G2

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile

It appears in a new thread today that there is one in Arcata/Eureka area. A bit far for the most of us, though.

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=72920.msg829284;topicseen#new
I doubt Mad River Tackle will carry the FX13, but I can check.  One place that is stocking Propels is a limited number of West Marine and Cabela's stores.  But I also dont know if they are carrying FX. I've pinged our distributor about that.  The best way to get access to a demo boat is to ask your local retailer (CCK) for them, which may convince them to bring one in.  Demo models do cost them money, so they won't do it without demand.

anything