Kayak Fishing Zone > Hookups and Fishing Reports (Viewable by Public)

Montezuma 12/10/17

(1/3) > >>

COWBRO:
Report: My buddy Matt and I launched out of Belden's at about 8am today. Just before the high tide. Mostly with our eyes set on cruising around, checking it out and possibly bringing home a striper or two.

The bite was non existent for us until the outgo started going strong. We were soaking sardines in 15-30ft of water.

I had one bite for the day, Matt had 3 or 4 with 1ea 24" striper to the boat. Not bad as it was only his 3rd fish ever and his first "keeper."

Weather was cold in the am. A slight breeze picked up, but the sun was warm. I think we saw 6 other kayaks and 1 canoe out there today, pretty good showing for the non-motorized crowd.

Phil

LinesideBountyHunter:
nice job

Dale L:
Alright. tasty one!!

Fish67:

--- Quote from: COWBRO on December 10, 2017, 08:56:59 PM ---Report: My buddy Matt and I launched out of Belden's at about 8am today. Just before the high tide. Mostly with our eyes set on cruising around, checking it out and possibly bringing home a striper or two.

The bite was non existent for us until the outgo started going strong. We were soaking sardines in 15-30ft of water.

I had one bite for the day, Matt had 3 or 4 with 1ea 24" striper to the boat. Not bad as it was only his 3rd fish ever and his first "keeper."

Weather was cold in the am. A slight breeze picked up, but the sun was warm. I think we saw 6 other kayaks and 1 canoe out there today, pretty good showing for the non-motorized crowd.

Phil

--- End quote ---

Nice! I was also fishing at Montezuma this morning with my cousin. Was on the water by 6:30-7am, and it was foggy and cold. Didn't plan on fishing today, but had a long week at work.

We fished around the bend early morning and did not get a bite. I started seeing some action when the outgoing tide kicked in. My cousin lost one next to his yak, and was a keeper size. I got my limit today on mudsuckers. 22" and 19".

Pretty cool seeing all the yaks on the water today. I believe we saw you guys near the marsh soaking bait, around 1PM, while we were headed back to the landing. Good day on the water.

MooMoo Outdoors:
Good job slaying them stripers guys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version