Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 10:05:24 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Rpt Added: 11/07 Tuesday Dungie Hookup @ HMB  (Read 2295 times)

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Hey my day went alright for first time crabbing. Didn't get any dungies but a ton of rock crab, which I was happy with they all had big claws. Went right out of the harbor instead of left dropped my pot in about 35 ft. Then tried throwing swimbaits for rockfish in the kelp had two good slams but fish came off, almost looked like halibut teeth marks down the bait but who knows. Fun day anyway glad the wind layed down.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Hey Jake, sorry I missed you yesterday. What yak were you in?  I radio'd to see if you guys were around, but only got a response from Kashi.  If you got all rock crabs, maybe dropping pots further south will get you the dungies next time.  The strikes may have been halibut indeed, as someone caught one yesterday.  See you OTW.
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

trabajake

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Hey my day went alright for first time crabbing. Didn't get any dungies but a ton of rock crab, which I was happy with they all had big claws. Went right out of the harbor instead of left dropped my pot in about 35 ft. Then tried throwing swimbaits for rockfish in the kelp had two good slams but fish came off, almost looked like halibut teeth marks down the bait but who knows. Fun day anyway glad the wind layed down.

Hey Jake, sorry I missed you yesterday. What yak were you in?  I radio'd to see if you guys were around, but only got a response from Kashi.  If you got all rock crabs, maybe dropping pots further south will get you the dungies next time.  The strikes may have been halibut indeed, as someone caught one yesterday.  See you OTW.
Im on a tan hobie outback. Looks like the weather will be better tomorrow so going to try farther south tomorrow drift for some halibut too.

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
Great report, forgetting stuff for me is habitual, so I made up a kayak fishing checklist.  And not kidding I usually forget to check it.

Considering they way your day started I'd say it was a success.

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Great report, forgetting stuff for me is habitual, so I made up a kayak fishing checklist.  And not kidding I usually forget to check it.

Considering they way your day started I'd say it was a success.

HI Dale. I actually have a list like you, so I never forget stuff when I pack.  The forgetful part comes in play when I leave things in the car.... or at the unloading zone.. lol.  The day was a success, and the water conditions were flat with the sun out and warm.  But again, I've never not limited on opening day/week...
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Thanks for the report hamachi. You still did better than I did on opening day.
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

Lost_Anchovy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile The Lost Anchovy
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Nice haul John. You should try drifting the smelt around the cans for halibut. I know they have been hanging around there. Do or die I'm getting out this weekend. I deserve a day off!
www.Thelostanchovy.com
Kayak Adventures, blog and tutorials

Winner - 2014 Kayak Connection Derby
2nd -2103 MBK Tournament

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Nice haul John. You should try drifting the smelt around the cans for halibut. I know they have been hanging around there. Do or die I'm getting out this weekend. I deserve a day off!

:smt006  Get Some! this weekend... jumbos that is.
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Will be out there Friday in the Tin Can. Vhf 69
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Will be out there Friday in the Tin Can. Vhf 69
Have a great time. I'm sure you'll get some jumbos out deep.
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

Kashi410

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Hey Guys, It was nice to see you all out there on Tuesday, till next time!
Instagram:  kashi.410

trabajake

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile

Im on a tan hobie outback. Looks like the weather will be better tomorrow so going to try farther south tomorrow drift for some halibut too.

Thanks for the tip went south by the green can in 40 ft caught five keeper dungies in one pull then nothing but shorts lots of crab though. Hooked what I think was a big halibut on a big smelt drifting 55 ft but broke off might have had nick in my leader... Fish was ripping drag on the first run.

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Thanks for the tip went south by the green can in 40 ft caught five keeper dungies in one pull then nothing but shorts lots of crab though. Hooked what I think was a big halibut on a big smelt drifting 55 ft but broke off might have had nick in my leader... Fish was ripping drag on the first run.

Sweet! Hope you get the bonus hali next time

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

PandaMan

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I’ll be out there Sunday in a Tan Pro Angler dropping pots and rock fishing.

Hope to meet some more people!

Brett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edlovestofish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I look for sum crab Sunday if I can get out of bed working the night shift makes for a Ed loves to sleep in! I'll be on old 69 if I make the trip

anything