Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: BAM IV  (Read 11116 times)

Parrothead

• Theresa
  • Sand Dab
  • Southeast of disorder
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Fishin Jay and I had a great time at BAM IV!  All the other reports are great...Congrats to the winners!  Great job!  I was able to get my first fish from my yak, a crappie...pictured on the post a bit up from here (thank you bassmanben)  Also the unknown guy with the 5-11 striper is my husband Fishn Jay. 

Jay, the dogs (Bessie and Steve) and I all left Vallejo around 8AM on Friday.  We had a great trip up stopped at the bait shop pictured in Northern Boy's video (BTW great video).  Got to camp around noon.  Set up before the rain came.  Head out on the yaks to find some fish...no fish just some more rain.  As I was adjusting my paddle, I managed to break it.  I really need to get some better gear.

Headed in met up with guitarzan, mooch, Frank (and Bella), fishhunter and others at guitarzan's sweet set up.  I learned that my other lady friends were not making the trip.  But all is still good.  Got changed and headed into town Ukiah for my favorite Japanese food outside of Japan (OCO Time :toothy4:, recommended by Sean (THANKS))  highly recommend thier signature dish (Okonomiyaki).  Northen boy joined us, great food, great company!

Back at camp...rain was really coming down.  Pulled the dogs into the tent.  We all slept great.  Got up Sat. morning with a bit of rain coming down.  Jay asked around for duct tapet o fix my paddle and Paul R allowed me the use of an extra paddle (you just have to love NCKA people :smt001).  Got on the lake and started out.  Jay was great at helping me out.  Around noon I caught my crappie...almost threw it back, but Jay said it is good to eat..so it is in my freezer.

Stayed on the lake looking for more fish until 3PM.  Came in for the real fun, friendship and FOOD!  Wow!  Truely enjoyed the camp fire!  The dogs did too.  Thanks to those who posted picutures.

Sunday..back out on the lake after packing up.  Had a good hit..but no fish for me.  Headed out and stopped at the Blue Bird cafe in Hopland..nice burger and milkshake!  Thanks again to Sean for the recommendation!

Thanks for all the support on the lake and patience with my questions.  NCKA is a great group!  I think we need to get some more women in on it. 

BAM V the buckle should go to a lady!  Probably not me!  But that would be cool!  Melissa certainly has put in her time on the water :smt061.  Great job with the kitties!

Thank you Sean for another great event.  You and your family are AMAZING!  Hope to see everyone soon!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:14:30 AM by Parrothead »
Fins UP!!!
Women's Division 3rd Place Albion 2011

Northern Boy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile my name is phil and i'm addicted to fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007
I learned that my other lady friends were not making the trip.   I think we need to get some more women in on it. 

Lisa says sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

Her back is better. She'll be there next time!

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
NCKA is a great group!  I think we need to get some more women in on it. 

I agree....but let's get some more single women involved :smt002 I'm tired of flirting around with Adam / Fish Hunter and Ashley (Naoaki's girlfriend)  :smt011

...oh...by the way...Adam, thanks for the back-rub by the camp fire sweety :smt008 I promise to shave the hair off my back on our next session :smt002
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:15:59 AM by Mooch »

Hat Trick

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
well mooch, if you ever go in for a pedicure make sure you shave thoser hobbit feet of yours! :smt044
2006 AOTY STRIPERKING

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Oco time.....mmmmmm!

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
NCKA is a great group!  I think we need to get some more women in on it. 

I agree....but let's get some more single women involved :smt002 I'm tired of flirting around with Adam / Fish Hunter and Ashley (Naoaki's girlfriend)  :smt011

...oh...by the way...Adam, thanks for the back-rub by the camp fire sweety :smt008 I promise to shave the hair off my back on our next session :smt002
I so0OO0oo agree!....I do yours, while she does mine!(back), but if you don't start spelling my name right?!
Fish Hunter :smt011
 I'McuttinYOUoffFOREVER,brudah! :smt002  didn't someone shot a pic of my act of kindness...big fires will make you do "strange things"  :smt003

Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.