Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Melanoma sucks  (Read 13893 times)

e2g

• Sea Lion
  • 53 lb seabass
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
thanks guys. When Robin was first diagnosed in 2010, I googled her odds and found the scary ass number of 11 months. that turned into 7 damn good years. We hiked, we skiied, we ordered appetizers AND dessert. We truly lived the best lives we could together, accepting each activity she lost by finding another. When she couldnt work out anymore, we discovered binge watching tv. She truly only declined completely for a few months and I am happy that she is on the next adventure. After 34 years with me she deserves a break  :smt002

I am going to take a bit of time to get my head screwed on straight then I plan on catching up on some long delayed water therapy

Now lets all channel this love and energy to Steph

Winner 2011 MBK Derby
Winner 2009 Fishermans Warehouse Santa Cruz Tournament
Winner 2008 MBK Derby

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
thanks guys. When Robin was first diagnosed in 2010, I googled her odds and found the scary ass number of 11 months. that turned into 7 damn good years. We hiked, we skiied, we ordered appetizers AND dessert. We truly lived the best lives we could together, accepting each activity she lost by finding another. When she couldnt work out anymore, we discovered binge watching tv. She truly only declined completely for a few months and I am happy that she is on the next adventure. After 34 years with me she deserves a break  :smt002

I am going to take a bit of time to get my head screwed on straight then I plan on catching up on some long delayed water therapy

Now lets all channel this love and energy to Steph

Sorry for your loss. Time to stretch those wings and take a breath Brutha . Sounds like you gave her much comfort that she deserved.

Alex
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:35:04 PM by Bulldog---Alex »
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Eugene, Nathan,

So very sorry and very sad to be reading this. My biggest fear. You guys are both amazing people and I am so very sorry. If you ever need to talk, hit me up. Been thinking about you all a lot this last year.

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
God bless you and your family Eugene. Molly waits for Robin on the other side. Cancer is a journey and Robin fought the good fight like Molly, Joel and Chef. In the end, we are all touched by the courage and dignity of the those who have traveled the the journey of cancer. Regardless of how the journey ends, their spirit and memories are ingrained in our hearts and souls forever and we are better people because of it. Not to diminish your loss because she was a special person and we will miss her dearly. Give Nathan a hug for me. He is a warrior like his mother. Rest in peace Robin.

Scott and Karen
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Eugene,

Sorry for your loss. I just lost a close friend of mine two last week to Melanoma. He was 56 and fought it for three years. He was a great fisherman and was such a fixture with my Alaska crew. He too will be missed deeply. Hope you will heal from this and God bless you
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Through your love and care for Robin we have seen in real time what we all strive to be as a human. Myself and Linelle offer you our best wishes and peace. You are a great man. Love you.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I hope to meet you both someday.  I am touched by your loss, especially this day.  I mourn with you...
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

anything