Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:57:41 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Kayak Angler Mag Reviews the Eddyline Calypso.  (Read 4969 times)

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
For those looking for more info on the new Eddyilne Calypso, I just saw Kayak Angler Mag has a short review on it. Check it out, or better yet just come paddle it. I will be doing my own review on it when things slow down a bit. I paddled it a fair bit at Crabfest this weekend and was very pleased. For a 12' yak its fairly efficient, super stable and very easy to handle both on and off the water.

http://www.kayakanglermag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1283:good-stuff-the-cushy-carbonlite-eddyline-calypso&catid=68:kao-features&Itemid=2
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
I stopped in at Clavey to check the new Calypso out and it was pretty cool. It has the finest front hatch system Ive seen. At 45 lbs I could pick it up with one hand and carry it like a suitcase. The 6in deck hatch coupled with the 6in rear hatch are of nice pliable plastic that fits quite nicely over the openings. The rear well seems a bit too much flex but the hull is strong as hell. Looking forward to paddling this one to compare with other kayaks in the length range. the 14 should be better for tracking I would assume. The finish is impeccable and this kayak has to move fast. More later after the paddle in a couple of different situations.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

the 14 should be better for tracking I would assume.

I would really be interested in demo-ing the 14 footer....are they available?

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Scott at Clavey said that next year they will have a 14. Eddyline is looking for feedback from the user area on recommendations for the next line.  There are 4 floatation blocks of foam under the seat and deck area. Also the rear 6in hatch is in the vertical area of the rear well that is close to the back of the seating area. You would have to remove the reels to do so, then you could stuff rods from the back in towards the front.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:26:42 PM by ravensblack »

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
 Now THAT is a beautiful kayak.  :smt007    I wouldn't expect anything less than a well thought out design from  Eddyline.     And made on the north west coast of the good ole USA !
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Now THAT is a beautiful kayak.  :smt007    I wouldn't expect anything less than a well thought out design from  Eddyline.     And made on the north west coast of the good ole USA !

Oh hell yes it is!

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
I've been letting a lot of people demo it or use it on trips. So far I have had nothing but rave reviews. Ed took it down the river this weekend and bounced down rocky gravel bars with out even a scratch. The Carbonlite layup is bomber. Tom from Eddyline has been great about taking feedback for the new 14'. He realizes that if he does it right it could revolutionize the sit on top market. Tom also told me that he will be doing a 10' version that will weigh in well under 40lbs!!! Proud to be partnered up with Eddyline on this one. I have my demo all rigged up for fishing, and I will let anyone from NCKA demo it for free, just call ahead to make a reservation. Can't wait to hear your thought after you paddle it Craig. Was glad to see that Clavey is repping the new Calypso on their Facebook Page.

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
It looks to be a fun one Dan. Next time you guys fish ping me.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
It looks to be a fun one Dan. Next time you guys fish ping me.

Sure will. Spent my whole day yesterday sanding window trim on a room we are updating so I should have a nice full WAF account to draw from.

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Hey Dan, just wondering when about Eddyline will have the Calypso in the 10 footer available? I hope it is an angler designed kayak.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

anything