General > Introductions

New Member Granite Bay Folsom Lake Area

(1/3) > >>

bearhart:
Good afternoon everyone, my name is Brandon, I live in Granite Bay near Folsom Lake. I work in East Contra Costa as a firefighter, I’ve been around water off and on throughout my life, whitewater rafting, bodyboarding, freediving, spearfishing, Flyfishing, and ab diving BUT I have never once attempted to fish out of a kayak so this is a totally new deal for me. I typically would bring a pole spear while diving for abalone and just shoot some fish in passing. Since there’s been a ban on abalone I figured I’d try switching to crab which got me thinking about kayaks and kayak fishing........

I have several inflatable craft and I’m hoping to pick up a used Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 tomorrow. Needless to say I have only a basic understanding of how to set up a boat but I’m super excited try something new. So with that being said if there’s anybody who can offer any advise on how to rig or more importantly what not to do it would be appreciated. And if you don’t mind having somebody tag along I’d really like to see how your kit is setup and how it works.

Cheers

Chet:
Welcome ! GA caught my attention. I consider moving from the hell hole bay area.
How's the living out there? School? anything you hate about it.

Edit: I am a freediver too.

DavidMel:
Welcome to NCKA and welcome neighbor.

You will find a lot of "salty" people here.  Most days are filled with talk of butts and the landlord. :smt005

DavidMel:

--- Quote from: Chet on September 18, 2018, 04:09:36 PM ---Welcome ! GA caught my attention. I consider moving from the hell hole bay area.

--- End quote ---

Hijack from Roseville (next door to Granite Bay) :smt004

Schools are great out here.  Granite Bay High School is one of the top rated High Schools in California.  Living is easy compared to the density of the bay area. (and a lot less expensive for a lot more home).  There are also great charter schools and private schools in the area.

Summer days are hot (95 to 105) but will cool off at night  (65-70).  Not much to hate unless you look for it.  We like to say we are close to everything (one hour to Lake Tahoe and one hour to the Bay).  Which for some people means you have to drive an hour to go somewhere decent....

Plenty of fishing, hunting, camping, etc to do here. 

Chet:

--- Quote from: DavidMel on September 18, 2018, 04:31:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chet on September 18, 2018, 04:09:36 PM ---Welcome ! GA caught my attention. I consider moving from the hell hole bay area.

--- End quote ---

Hijack from Roseville (next door to Granite Bay) :smt004

Schools are great out here.  Granite Bay High School is one of the top rated High Schools in California.  Living is easy compared to the density of the bay area. (and a lot less expensive for a lot more home).  There are also great charter schools and private schools in the area.

Summer days are hot (95 to 105) but will cool off at night  (65-70).  Not much to hate unless you look for it.  We like to say we are close to everything (one hour to Lake Tahoe and one hour to the Bay).  Which for some people means you have to drive an hour to go somewhere decent....

Plenty of fishing, hunting, camping, etc to do here.

--- End quote ---

Schools that attract me.
Any concern about flooding and fire?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version