Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:36:58 AM]

[Today at 11:27:54 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GO TO HELL hole FnC & DBAD (Sept 27-30)  (Read 14974 times)

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Sounds like an awesome venue too bad its six hours away. :smt009
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006

bro do you even kayak fish anymore? I think you should change your name to BBQ Master One.  :smt001
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

DRT Yakbah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
I'll bring my traps... Looks like we can make it! Road condition? Think our little trailer could make it out there? (Tribeca or jeep) Ramp to launch kayaks? Never been there. Got close but haven't fished it...

You and your trailer could definitely make it. I was up there Saturday and the road was paved and fine (a few potholes) all the way down to the water. Take Foresthill Rd. in Auburn, turn right on Mosquito Ridge Rd. and head up through the mountains. It will first take you to French Meadows reservoir. Keep going across the dam, turn right at the end and you're almost there. The mt road winds back and forth a lot but I'm sure you could get you trailer out there. I saw much bigger trailers and RVs at Big Meadow campground. The campground was about a lil less than half full so everyone get up there early to grab a spot before they run out.

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

bro do you even kayak fish anymore? I think you should change your name to BBQ Master One.  :smt001

Was out this weekend joto where were you? :smt005
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Road woes are premature...we’re talking about late Sept right?
Sounds fun, never been there but want to go. I’ll put it on the calendar. And topic is stickied...so you better not cancel it :-)
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
I'll bring my traps... Looks like we can make it! Road condition? Think our little trailer could make it out there? (Tribeca or jeep) Ramp to launch kayaks? Never been there. Got close but haven't fished it...

You and your trailer could definitely make it. I was up there Saturday and the road was paved and fine (a few potholes) all the way down to the water. Take Foresthill Rd. in Auburn, turn right on Mosquito Ridge Rd. and head up through the mountains. It will first take you to French Meadows reservoir. Keep going across the dam, turn right at the end and you're almost there. The mt road winds back and forth a lot but I'm sure you could get you trailer out there. I saw much bigger trailers and RVs at Big Meadow campground. The campground was about a lil less than half full so everyone get up there early to grab a spot before they run out.

After the dam at French Meadows there is a sign pointing towards Hell Hole. The last time I was up there Google Maps said to turn left instead of right. A right turn follows the paved road, a left turn will lead you in by way of the Jeep road.
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

Wldrnshntr

• Sea Lion
  • Work hard play hard
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Easy drive from here might do a Sat. up there not sure about over night. I like my bugs boiled with a cheap bottle of chardonnay and old bay seasoning :smt007
http://wall-acepainting.com/index.html
What we learn to do, we learn by doing- Aristotle   We few, we happy few, we
band of brothers. - Shakespeare
2009 Stump yard sale 1st place
Clear lake stormtrooper 2010
Del Valle How stormtrooper 2011
RBCII  2011 3rd place Big Fish

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I hope to be there. Depends on when my grandson decides to born.
I’m not much of a beer drinker, so I’ll bring a few bottles of wine, and or gin.

I’ll try not to be much of a dick.
Al
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:28:21 AM by Alfredo »

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • It's all about the experience
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
So now that Albion is in the books I’ve been reaching out to see about donations for the GO TO HELL Hole raffle. Looks like we should have some descent prizes. I will update soon with prizes and sponsors.

If you have a sponsor who you think might be able to support the event please let me know. If anyone has any gear they would like to personally donate to the event that would be awesome as well. The money raised will go towards PIF and Shicken.

Thanks
#fuckyourfeelings #dontbeadick #whatadick

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I want to give a big thank you to Charlie (Tshuas Tooj Vaj) and the Fresh N Salty crew for stepping up and getting his sponsors to dontate to this event. On top of these donations and a couple more we are waiting to hear back on they are pulling together an anonymous cash donation as well. It takes a village sometimes. Can’t thank the FNS crew enough.

QI Fishing has donated a new rod to the event to be raffled off.

Go check out their line up of great fishing rods https://www.qifishing.com

The FNS crew has also donated a new Neil Pryde splash jacket to the raffle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:53:03 AM by Rider »

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hey Everyone,

So there’s been questions about camping for this FNC. I’ll do my best to answer them here

My original plan was to have everyone in the upper parking lot above the ramp. This is free and is close to the launch. (But not super close) The other option is Big Meadows Campground about 2 Miles up the hill.

The parking lot has a pit toile but that’s about it. Fires are not allowed in the parking lot. One side of the lot is fairly flat the other side closer to the lake is a bit more sloped. Depending on the number of people showing up this might get tight. But I think it is doable if we are smart about setting up.

Big Meadows Campground has set sites and they are half off due to the fire a few years back taking out the water. But there is a pit toilet there and fires will depend on the USFS. I have also been told there are a lot of mosquitoes up at the campground where I’ve never had a mosquito issue in the parking lot.

I am planning on setting up in the parking lot and doing the potluck, corn hole, & raffle there as well. If people want to camp up at Big Meadow I don’t see any issue with that at all. No matter what it will all work out.

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I swear have the best friends. Tony Moore just messaged me and and he is donating two $50 Bass Pro Shop gift cards.

Not sure about you but I know I can put these to use.

RosevilleYak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
This event sounds great... thanks for organizing!
I never took my kayak up that far... will be busy youth soccer season time already but this sounds too much fun and getting to know other kayak anglers to pass up. May need some tips on how to hook up on these trouts. Still consider myself novice with one year fishing.

I hope I can make it and let you know as we get closer.
Is it possible to set up small tent next to the parking lot you plan to set up for?

Rider

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
This event sounds great... thanks for organizing!
I never took my kayak up that far... will be busy youth soccer season time already but this sounds too much fun and getting to know other kayak anglers to pass up. May need some tips on how to hook up on these trouts. Still consider myself novice with one year fishing.

I hope I can make it and let you know as we get closer.
Is it possible to set up small tent next to the parking lot you plan to set up for?

There is definitely room for a small tent and I will be posting up info about a seminar at Hell Hole Friday night.