Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:44:41 PM]

[Today at 03:10:47 PM]

[Today at 02:24:53 PM]

[Today at 02:05:51 PM]

[Today at 01:19:27 PM]

[Today at 12:03:59 PM]

[Today at 09:43:54 AM]

[Today at 09:22:18 AM]

[Today at 08:45:32 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Salmon  (Read 8817 times)

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
You don't seem to understand how this works. You aren't the only one that can read what I post and you don't own the thread.  You don't get to decide who posts here and who doesn't. Luckily I'm here to help.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

nusharker

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
I’m a noobie on this forum too -- and it’s been amazing. I literally posted 10 times in 1 minute just so I could be able to search in the “Members Only” forum knowing all of you have a wealth of knowledge that I could hopefully learn from. I’ve read and read and read...and it’s been super helpful.

A quick story: I went out in HMB after researching a ton on this site. I spent hours reading reports and felt like I knew the area like the back of my hand. I paddled out with confidence only to be humbled by the mighty rockfish. I fished near the ‘green can’, the ‘red can’ and all other ‘cans’ I could possibly find on my navionics app….I might as well have been fishing in a ‘garbage can’ because I didn’t catch squat. Yes, I know, many of you are snickering because I didn’t even catch a RF or a ling (thanks to NCKF I even know some acronyms) but for someone brand new to pacific kayak fishing...well, it’s tough.

This past weekend I went out with ulisesv2013. You guys may badger him for asking simple questions, but I for one can tell you that research isn’t enough sometimes - someone offering to help makes a big difference. Without hesitation, ulisesv2013 took us to his ‘secret’ spot (one that took him many trips to find alone paddling) and we proceeded to limit over the course of a few hours. It was an amazing trip and his generosity was the difference.

Forums are for helping and sharing information, right? If we want to brag, let’s start a forum to show the size of our hands relative to Crash.

My .02 -- if you made it this far, goodnight.

lightfoot

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
I just want to see a picture of your hands.  Nobody want's to hold a dirty set of tootsie roll finger hands.

I have no idea how anybody paddles a kayak while holding hands
Kraken 13.5 on the Great lakes.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
I’m a noobie on this forum too -- and it’s been amazing. I literally posted 10 times in 1 minute just so I could be able to search in the “Members Only” forum knowing all of you have a wealth of knowledge that I could hopefully learn from. I’ve read and read and read...and it’s been super helpful.

That's not really supposed to happen but it's totally rational to do it and I probably would to if I was a new poster.

Forums are for helping and sharing information, right? If we want to brag, let’s start a forum to show the size of our hands relative to Crash.

Measuring dick size is pretty juvenile.  You were doing fine coming to your friend's defense until you got here.  You could have just asked to meet me after school so we could sort things out, but I guess you wanted to be original.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014

You made some good points but it was all lost with this last comment. 

I have been a part of talking crap and receiving it.  But usually with folks I have been out with and feel comfortable with.  You can usually tell the difference.  Either way it is sad to see people getting angry or upset with comments on a forum or posting that they think others shouldn't. 

It's just a bunch of fisherman posting on safety, equipment, fishing reports and misc things others may find interesting.  I am teaching the next generation (grandkids). How to fish and hope they enjoy it as much as me.  JAOTY encourages them and family is a big part of this community.  Please consider this when posting as I will stop referring people to this site unless there is a big disclaimer that tells them to just look past the BS and find the useful posts. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011

That's not really supposed to happen but it's totally rational to do it and I probably would to if I was a new poster.

Measuring dick size is pretty juvenile.  You were doing fine coming to your friend's defense until you got here.  You could have just asked to meet me after school so we could sort things out, but I guess you wanted to be original.

Usually Crash and I don't see things eye to eye but for the first time, I agree with everything he has said!   :smt005

Its becoming very clear that fate has brought you together with ulisesv for a good reason.  You guys can measure hand size with each other.    :smt044
If you ain't first, you're last.

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

Uh yeah ... don't do that.  Post stuffing is not allowed.

A quick story: I went out in HMB after researching a ton on this site. I spent hours reading reports and felt like I knew the area like the back of my hand. I paddled out with confidence only to be humbled by the mighty rockfish. I fished near the ‘green can’, the ‘red can’ and all other ‘cans’ I could possibly find on my navionics app….I might as well have been fishing in a ‘garbage can’ because I didn’t catch squat. Yes, I know, many of you are snickering because I didn’t even catch a RF or a ling (thanks to NCKF I even know some acronyms) but for someone brand new to pacific kayak fishing...well, it’s tough.

This past weekend I went out with ulisesv2013. You guys may badger him for asking simple questions, but I for one can tell you that research isn’t enough sometimes - someone offering to help makes a big difference. Without hesitation, ulisesv2013 took us to his ‘secret’ spot (one that took him many trips to find alone paddling) and we proceeded to limit over the course of a few hours. It was an amazing trip and his generosity was the difference.

Tips and are easy to come by.  Hot spots and more than just tips are earned.  You don't just get them by asking a question.

What?  You've been here how long?  And you want to dictate what this forum is about?

This forum is NOT a PSA where any Tom, Dick, and Harry can just show up and get help.  It's has evolved over time into a community.  A community that is very open and willing to help, but you get out of it what you put into it.  Respect the community and it will respect you.

-Allen

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
The Grand Puba has spoken  :wav:
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile

It's simple all the negativity is not needed.

The words......"reap what you sow" come to mind. 

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

ulisesv2013

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
And you feel like I brought negativity by asking questions hahahaha this is exactly what I'm talking about there's just comments that are just not needed and completely out of place. But anyway from now on wanna talk over a forum do so I could careless. I'll only pay attention to the people whom actually pay attention and know how to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
lol, yes....you're a victim. It's everybody else's fault.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

ulisesv2013

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Yup

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Can we be done with this now?
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
FNG's PITA !!!!  :smt005  :smt044 :smt008

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
I'll only pay attention to the people whom actually pay attention and know how to read.

You should listen to your own advice and learn to ACTUALLY pay attention and read something on this forum!! Holy shit man, you sit there and act like the whole fucking world is crazy and you're not.  You ever wonder why people are responding the way they are? 
If you ain't first, you're last.