Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: MBK Monterey Bay Kayaks Derby 8/8/10  (Read 15803 times)

Bear

• Salmon
  • Fishing 'till my fingers bleed, then fishing again
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
Hey All,
I had a good time at the MBK derby.  Great fun and people.  Hope to see you all out there another time.

Bear

PS
Anyone happen to find a lost life jacket (PFD).  I seemed to have lost it after i came in for the weigh in... though both my fish together didn't even rank lol

LOOKING FOR LOST PFD:
Was orange and black... now more of a Really FADED orange with black hem and zippers.  Anyone find it, please message me.  Its was the only one i had, and i don't have money for another one any time soon.... so unless i can find that one again... i wont be getting out into the ocean anytime soon. 

Personal info:
Barret "Bear" Pruden
barretpruden@hotmail.com
408-540-8014
Cant answer the phone right now, I'm fishing

stoggie

• Salmon
  • Team Mooch Patrol
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2008
I'm sorry I won't be making it.  I sliced my right foot yesterday and its tough to walk around. 

You Ok Dude

sorry to hear, what's the bloody details...

stoggie

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Fun times. Thanks MBK , thanks Allen.

Saw a lot of beauty lings come in.

Stoggie, missed you out there man.

dpshim

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
First and foremost, thank you to MBK and Allen for putting together a wonderful event :D This was my very first derby, as well as Ryan's, and I can say that we had a blast!!

I'm sorry Ryan that you had to settle with 2nd place. But being this is your very first derby and newbie to kayak, you have to give yourself a pat on the back. I am very very proud of you lil brother!! :)

Phil, congrats on taking the grand prize; competition was pretty intense. And to win it by 1 oz!! WTG!!

To all the NCKA fam: Jed, Pat, Allen, Aaron, Ray, Eugene, Nathan, Tiny, Al, Eric, Andy, Chucky, and those names I've forgotten (my apologies): you are all awesome bunch of friends!! :D Thank you for making Ryan and I feel at home amongst the family.

Last, but not least Joel: It was a great honor to have finally properly introduced myself to you :D Your big warm heart and love was felt by all of us. Much love to you brother!!

I can't wait to see you all again soon!!

- Daniel

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
What a day!!!!! MBK did another outstanding job in hosting this great get together! It was great to see many old and a few new faces. The competition was tight!!!!! I am very honored to have finally won this annual event as it is hosted by a great business and a really GREAT bunch of people! I do feel some pride in being able to say the locals kept the prize in their own back yard. I also want to give a big shout out to one of my heros Great Bass 2!!! Scott that rod and reel you made for me did the trick! It's my new secret weapon (as long as my "good friends" don't help it walk away)  :smt044
Thank you to Aaron for putting up with me giving him such a hard time for the last few weeks and cooking up some great man dogs!   :smt045 The food was great and really hit the spot! I can't wait for till I have the time to take this new T13 out and get a few even bigger fish  :smt044 I wasn't able to take any pics as my camera is dead. I am looking forward to seeing the many that were taken.
All in all it was another great day on and off with a really good group of people. It is just an added bonus to be blessed with bringing a new yak home. I really needed it too  :smt044

Migwech Mamogosnon! and lets get together and do it again next weekend  :smt044

Ebyekewabjeget
aka: Phillip
2010 MBK Tournament Winner and new T-13 owner

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
WTG Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stoked for you!!!!!!!!!

831 in da house!!!!! 
 :smt002 :smt003

:smt006
Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
nice job from all the newbies. today! :smt010 you lucky soT's :fishing2
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I also want to give a big shout out to one of my heros Great Bass 2!!! Scott that rod and reel you made for me did the trick! It's my new secret weapon (as long as my "good friends" don't help it walk away)  :smt044

Ebyekewabjeget
aka: Phillip

Phillip

Congratulations on a well deserved victory. You certainly know that area well. I think I met you OTW out of MBK a few years ago. Your handle is hard to forget???  :smt005 Glad the rod and reel are working out for you. I think there is a lot of good ju ju coming from the Pay It Foreward event. I have bagged 2 lings on the revo toro I won. Sorry I missed the MBK derby. I registered but my Saturday fishing adventure had some surf swimming and I spent Sunday cleaning equipment and trying to get sand out of my ears.  :smt044

Aaron

Kudos to MBK and the hard work you put into the derby. MBK has been a great supporter of kayak anglers. After yesterday, probably should take the surf zone class again.  :smt005

Scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Looks like fun, sorry I missed this one. Congrats to the winners.

Quote from: stoggie
Quote from: yakuza
I'm sorry I won't be making it.  I sliced my right foot yesterday and its tough to walk around. 

You Ok Dude

sorry to hear, what's the bloody details...

Barnacle bit him - vicious little buggers.
Catch & Repeat

LingKing

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
hey everybody, i had a great time at the derby, my first of many to come! thats for sure. grats phil and great job on the ling, i knew there were some around that pier but i always figured it was a longshot, so wtg on fidnin em. it was awesome to meet many of the fam, jed, aaron, allen, phil, nathan, tiny, and last but  not least, da mooch!

also a special thanks to PK for giving me his old farmer john. a little retro, but believe me, i dont care im wearin it!
my actual e-mail is  Onehundredme@hotmail.com

Bear

• Salmon
  • Fishing 'till my fingers bleed, then fishing again
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
LIFE JACKET FOUND

THANKS MBK!
Cant answer the phone right now, I'm fishing

anything