Dive Zone > Kayak Diving and Spearfishing

Mendocino 6/8

(1/3) > >>

Adam415:
This past weekend has always been the weekend of the big ab/big ling comp in Manchester. My family and I along with wifes family had a cabin booked before the comp was cancelled. We decided to keep the cabin and make a weekend of it. The forecast didn't look great but I wanted to secure some seafood friday for the weekend. I got up early Friday and was launching by 7:30 in the Mendocino area. Dropped two crab traps on the way out then paddled to my dive spots. Water was a horrible 45-46* all day. So cold it hurts to get any flush in your suit. The viz was a good 10-20ft but the surface was disturbed from all the wind we have had. I picked off some nice scallops and an assortment of rockfish. I saw lings to 8 pounds but gave them a pass. On the way in I pulled the traps for 4 keeper dungeness. My seafood mission was a success and my family and I went on to have a great two days of camping.

Martianfish:
Cancel changed to a Big Score!! Way to go!

Fisherman X:
Nice harvest, bomber scallops, Adam!

Hojoman:
Great haul for a chilly experience.  :smt006

Eddie:
Good stuff Adam.  If I'm not mistaken I think my wife and your wife have conversed on the Marin Foodies page.  Maybe we will eat together one day.  You are a slayer! :smt006

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version