Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:39:34 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Yak-A-Bass Lake Berryessa Putah Creek Campground April 22nd  (Read 4543 times)

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Hey guys Yak-A-Bass first in person event is now live on Tourney X who host our photos and allows you to pay for registration. We no longer have an Angler cap this year so more anglers means larger payouts and Bigger events. We hit 89 anglers for Kbf at Lake Camanche in feb and looking for that or better for berry. these events are allways alot of fun come camp out have fun and fish with some of the best bass anglers from kayaks from all over California. Heros on the water event will be on friday at berry, Saturday Rob is hosting a Mbf multi species event and Sunday is Yak-A-Bass. come out and make a family friendly weekend of fishing and hanging out. im sure there will be a pot luck saturday night. as allways if you have any questions please send me a pm i dont check this as often as i should and dont want to miss anything. thanks -James

https://www.tourneyx.com/app/tourney/yak-a-bass-lake-berryessa
Yak-A-Bass owner/operator
Kayak Bass Fishing,Western Regional Manager
Regional Kistler team member
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights
3rd place- Riverbassin California  2015
3rd place- Fresh Katz port o sac open 2015

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
These events are a lot of fun just like our NCKA events. Potlucks, fishing, just chilling around the campfire. Good times. The tourney payouts are really good too. A few of us NCKA peeps fish these events and always have a good time.

The MBF I am running is nat affiliated with the tourney other than lot of the entries will be from tourney participants. I am bringing a few Wilderness Systems items to be given away also. Maybe a Kayak Krate, PFD or a lithium battery. Who knows what I will dig up.

Here are the MBF rules. As you can see it will not just be for the bass guys. Anyone could win this.
This will be a multi species event. It will still lean towards bass fishing though. Launch at Putah Creek ramp only. Launch anytime after 6am. Check in will be no later than 8pm. That will give everyone that wants to play a fair chance even if coming to the lake in late afternoon Sat.

I will announce how payment will work for late arrivals before event.

$10 entry
Overall total inches will be the winner.
CPR event only, no fish to the check in
50/30/20 for the pot
Wilderness Systems/Harmony Gear will supply some prizes too! To be announced before event. Maybe even some hourly prizes!

Species to include:
LMB, SMB, Spots, Panfish, Catfish, Trout, Kokanee, Salmon,
Only 1 Salmonid will be allowed at check in
Only one fish per species allowed at check in.
IE: 1 LMB, 1 SMB, 1 panfish, 1 trout. Up to 6 fish total.
Trolling IS allowed
NO live bait
Only one rod in the water at a time
Standard YAB measuring rules will apply with identifier.

Check in will be as follows:
All anglers will get a scorecard. You will record your catches and turn that in. The top 5 anglers will be asked to show their catches by photo for verification. Top 3 will get the money. If any of the top 3 have deductions which cause a change in placing, the placement will be adjusted accordingly, possibly rolling spots 4-5 up.

http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
30 anglers signed up as of right now, we turn off the ability to join in on the fun the Sunday prior to the event we will open it back up for those who wish to pay a late fee but I would recommend paying before that happens. Again feel free to contact me with any questions were all back,from the kayak bass fishing national championship and ready to kick this into high gear. Lets have a fun weekend fishing berry and hopefully a few new personal bests made. Thanks - James
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Berryessa is a great lake.  Lots of fun to fish and lots of stupid spotted bass ditch pickles.

I would probably attend but I can't do Berry HOW >> Lodi Lake >> Berry again in a weekend. Wife would literally kill me.

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Yeah I work Friday so no how for me. ill be at paddle fest for half a day then headed to berry to setup for Sunday. Its going to be a busy weekend for sure
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

lightfoot

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Fishing up there this weekend should be epic.
Kraken 13.5 on the Great lakes.

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Alright ladies and gentlemen another sponsor came through in a BIG way! YakAttack and Luther Cifers have hooked us up with some AWSOME products to give away! Here’s how it’s gonna work.... fish our Lake Berryessa event and be present at the weigh in’s and your in the running for everything you see in the picture! ($195.00 value).... just for coming out to play. Turn your identifier into James Snyder when your off the water and will pick 1 lucky angler to take all this home!!!! If you haven’t already logo into TourneyX and get signed up,time is running out!
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
2 more weeks before,the late fees start. Please don't wait were at 47 anglers so far after 50 anglers our payouts go up every 5 anglers and are not limited! Also fishing any if our events qualifies you to fish our end of the year tournament at sugar barge where we will have about 20k in raffle prizes with all money collected headed straight to how nor Cal. We have donated over $5000 in the past 2 years and with a much larger field I want to see us hit that number just got 2018. Hope to see more ncka guys at our events this year. Most of us are camping at Putah campground Friday-Sunday I'm sure there will be guys interested in a potluck if anyone wants to start one thanks!!!!
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
51 anglers currently signed up. Remember the deadline to register without a late fee is Saturday April 14th. After that a $25 late fee charge can be paid to fish. Payouts increase every 5 anglers so 4 more and we get a biggee payout. Please get signed up early and don't worry about the late fee!!!! Also remember to turn in your identifier at the end of the day to be entered in to win the yak attack price pack valued at almost $200!! Get signed up today and find someone to camp with. Lots of us will be at the paddle fest on Saturday and headed to berry mid day. There is also a how event Friday at berry and a mbf multi species event on Saturday for those who are prefishing. There's a lot going on that weekend so plan accordingly
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
These events are a lot of fun just like our NCKA events. Potlucks, fishing, just chilling around the campfire. Good times. The tourney payouts are really good too. A few of us NCKA peeps fish these events and always have a good time.

The MBF I am running is nat affiliated with the tourney other than lot of the entries will be from tourney participants. I am bringing a few Wilderness Systems items to be given away also. Maybe a Kayak Krate, PFD or a lithium battery. Who knows what I will dig up.

Here are the MBF rules. As you can see it will not just be for the bass guys. Anyone could win this.
This will be a multi species event. It will still lean towards bass fishing though. Launch at Putah Creek ramp only. Launch anytime after 6am. Check in will be no later than 8pm. That will give everyone that wants to play a fair chance even if coming to the lake in late afternoon Sat.

I will announce how payment will work for late arrivals before event.

$10 entry
Overall total inches will be the winner.
CPR event only, no fish to the check in
50/30/20 for the pot
Wilderness Systems/Harmony Gear will supply some prizes too! To be announced before event. Maybe even some hourly prizes!

Species to include:
LMB, SMB, Spots, Panfish, Catfish, Trout, Kokanee, Salmon,
Only 1 Salmonid will be allowed at check in
Only one fish per species allowed at check in.
IE: 1 LMB, 1 SMB, 1 panfish, 1 trout. Up to 6 fish total.
Trolling IS allowed
NO live bait
Only one rod in the water at a time
Standard YAB measuring rules will apply with identifier.

Check in will be as follows:
All anglers will get a scorecard. You will record your catches and turn that in. The top 5 anglers will be asked to show their catches by photo for verification. Top 3 will get the money. If any of the top 3 have deductions which cause a change in placing, the placement will be adjusted accordingly, possibly rolling spots 4-5 up.

Will there be a Fifty Yard Rule? :smt067 :pottytrain2: :sign10: :smt102 :beer3

I'm in Rob. We got our Csite for Sat and good roll for Sat morning. You forgot the Cry Baby Soup rule, it coincides with 50 yard article 1 aka "what a dick" rule. Although big boy pants and luke warm cry baby soup will be available at the launch.  :moon
Hahahabaaahhhh  :smt058
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

TexasBoy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2013

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
55 guys signed up so far
Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

Gecko

• Salmon
  • View Profile
we are at 64 anglers signed up for our first tournament of the year. once we hit 65 anglers the payouts will be as follows. we are paying out a little over $1800 for this event at 65 anglers and the pot grows with every 5 anglers who sign up! keep those sign ups coming in and dont forget to get signed up prior to Saturday 4/14/18 so you dont have to worry about the late fee. - Many anglers were out pre fishing today, the lake has pretty decent visibility around the launch 5-10 feet possibly more with out wind. the back creeks were stained but not muddy. fish were found in 5 feet-30 feet in depth water temps started around 61 degrees and at 4pm the temps were hovering around 67 degrees depending on where you were at on the lake. when driving up dont get discouraged by how capels launch looks- Chocolate milk- it clears up the further north you go. also just a heads up for any anglers going out to prefish next weekend it looks like there is a bike event happening around the lake. please drive carefully and share the road and be prepared for a possible extra long commute. i didnt find any info on where the race is or start/end times but i figured id pass along this little info. also for those wondering the launch fee of $10 was confirmed today at the launch it is also posted. get out there and enjoy the lake! also looks like the crappie bite is on Fire right now for those who like to chase slabs for the dinner table when not in a tournament situation- just a reminder during tournament times no keeping of any non target fish is allowed per our permits. we cannot control this unfortunately so get your crappie fishing out of the way pre fishing and bring home a little table fare,

65 anglers
 First      $723
 Second $416
 Third     $289
 Fourth   $235
 Fifth      $145

https://www.tourneyx.com/app/tourney/yak-a-bass-lake-berryessa

Headwaters fishing team
Wicked Weights

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Will there be any Hawg troughs available for sale that weekend? I need one
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam