Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Sold Big Red today  (Read 1012 times)

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I sold Big Red  (aka the 2006 Hobie Quest), as well as the Necky Kyook today, delivered them a few miles down the road to the new owner who lives off of the Foster City Lagoon. After my land lord decided to no longer allow anything in the back yard, the boats had spent the last year in the back of the truck. It made it impossible to do anything with them as I also had GF's 17 foot touring Kayak, three boats for a truck with a rack for two boats kind of just made it impossible to use the truck or go anywhere, so I made the radical decision to get unload them at this time. It also gives me the chance to get a jump start on the next boat.  Big Red was part of my recovery plan when I got back from Iraq, and was always a good boat. It took me down the Brazos river, the Pacific Ocean, Russian River, Tahoe, and other places. I hope her new owner gets as much out of her as I got!
Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Congrats and I hope your new boat treats you so well.   :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
sold... So no kayak right now :smt009 Good thing you have all your NCKA family around :smt003. Hit me up if your in my neck of the woods. Would love to fish with you. Got one for you anytime you want/need an outing. Hit me or your family up :smt007 Thanks for your service and Come play at the next Heros on the water outing. Kelsey bass ranch event should be on your calendar too! Have a fun new kayak search!  :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Wow Squidder, you and that boat were an icon. Hope you can get another boat soon.
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
I'd be looking for a new landlord or at least introduce the landlord to kayak fishing.

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Squidder- I always have a spare boat/paddle etc available for you to fish Monterey Bay.

Bushy

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Wow Squidder, you and that boat were an icon. Hope you can get another boat soon.

Well it was time, I was storing on top of the truck as the landlord  stabbed me in the back. I had cleaned the back yard every fall and spring to clean up the debris, GF father dies, and I had been late cleaning it. Next thing I know everyone has to pull everything out. My two boats, downstairs neighbors bikes. Out. So it made it really hard to do much with the boats or the truck. As I had two in the racks, one in the bed, and for storage that is okay but for day to day use, not really. I am really looking for a kayak that can be both a fishing boat, and day to weekend touring kayak. Prefer an SOT, I have a couple in mind that I need to go demo before I make a hard choice. Compound that we are dealing with the selling of her fathers house, and dealing with her otherwise complicated family member I refer to as the great Male Succubus. No good amount of energy can be sucked by this guy and satisfy him.  So fortunately I can pick friends who give good vibes instead of killing them or shredding them wholesale.

So thanks to all of you my brothers and sisters from other mothers!
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

yatzmail@yahoo.com

Sending some good vibes your way.....

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Putting the funds together for the next boat, looking to demo or rent the a couple and really try them, not just go around in a circle.   I will be honest the Stealth's have been really interesting since they came to the States, the new 500 is really appealing.

The Hurricane pedal drive is also something, but I have yet to see two seconds of film where it is on anything that isn't mirror perfect water by anybody.

I give Stealth a lot of credit, they have a video of their boats going through some rough surf (rough to me anyways). That tells me a lot about the brand and company. Most of the US dealers show everything on some crystal perfect body of water, that all of us know rarely happens.  The Thresher video when it came out was a good one as well.

Now that Hobie has embraced the Littoral Combat ship design, I am kind of turned off to them.  Seems like they went after the "Fat Bottom Girl" approach that is so prevalent in US designed fishing boats.  I know, they are trying to appeal to the Bubba bass fisherman.

Kind of like 1960's sports cars, the American big muscle car and the import smaller cars. only in this case I don't see the whole bigger (wider) is better advantage.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

anything