Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Great Ways to Get Yourself Banned  (Read 141499 times)

amphibian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Austin Powers was an international man that loved everyone except the Dutch. Do we have any Dutch members? If so, was Gold Member a typical Dutch or was he an exception?

The only other question I have is, "are carnies a race"? 
Everybody dies, not everybody lives. What did you do today?

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • Indecision may, or may not, be my problem...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
The only other question I have is, "are carnies a race"? 

"little hands... smell like cabbage..."  :smt044

Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett

ZeeHokkaido

• Sea Lion
  • Kayaking + Fishing = Happiness!
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Hokkaido
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Do we have any Dutch members? If so, was Gold Member a typical Dutch or was he an exception?

100% Dutch blood here. Gold member was way off. Well he did have dutch looking shoes but we stopped wearing those about 200 years ago. One thing they did get right... we are freaky deeky!  :smt003

Z

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:30:41 AM by Zee »
2010 NWKA Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - 1st place
Stealth Kayaks
Kokatat Watersports Wear
Hobie Polarized Sunglasses
Orion Coolers

leshigashi

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Thanks Bill for keeping the peace ...

I don't post much. I enjoy most of what I read ... I am all for making fun of me lol ... But I don't want to offend the brother of the Asian persuasion. Intentional racist remarks should never be tolerated. We all share a common love and passion. This kind of resource for local fisherman is rare and I for one am thankful to all members and to you Bill for you work ...                                             

Mahalo
                                                                                        Les

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
les, I've been looking for you!!

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I have a dutch friend, yes she is strange...but in a mostly good way...it doesn't helop that she's from IOWA either  ;)  (Missouri boy here(and German too boot))

"are carnies a race?"
yes, they most certainly are.  I think carnies in the US are like gypsies (Roma) in Europe.  not well understood, strange and happy to be left alone, except when they can finagle you out of a few bucks on the ball toss...

my wife lost a few classmates in high school to the carnival...I'm sure they have lived a more exciting (and difficult) life than I can ever imagine....
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

InSeine

• "Whiskeys' for Drinkin', Waters' for Fightin'"
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Bill, you were right on with the ban.  It can be difficult to determine sometimes, when someone is just playing with borderline comments, whether its malicious or just in good fun.  Online, its best to remember your mom could be reading what you post.  SO keep it PG. 

Jim
OG

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
ban Mooch!

....you can't ban Bill's left hand man   :pottytrain2:      :smt002

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
we dont need to ban mooch he's too busy SUPing and chasing women on harmony

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Quote from: leshigashi
....We all share a common love and passion. This kind of resource for local fisherman is rare and I for one am thankful to all members and to you Bill for you work ...

Well said. Only 9 posts - few but well-chosen words. Complete opposite from the banned person, who made it to a whopping 20 posts - almost all completely negative & insulting.

The responses on this thread show what NCKA is about. The light-hearted quips about one's own race/ethnicity/background turns a negative situation around - it also shows the diversity (cliche as it may sound) of the folks here. People who can joke about themselves are generally more secure with who they are. Adults know when they're crossing the line into making vitriolic racist statements.

Quote from: Zee
100% Dutch blood here. Gold member was way off. Well he did have dutch looking shoes but we stopped wearing those about 200 years ago. One thing they did get right... we are freaky deeky!  :smt003

Oh, the Dutch...The don't call it the NETHERlands for nothing! 

I have some Dutch blood...and German, French, Corsican, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, etc, etc, etc. Yea, I'm a Euro-mutt, white, "melanin-challenged" - can't even get a tan. Family name on father's side can be traced back to Revolutionary days in the US but that's the extent of my knowledge. Both my parents grew up right here in Oakland.

Quote from: ravensblack
But if anyone ever says I'm a bastard, well they are right. :smt044
I knew it!

OK, one last thing. This goes out to the HAC and all the Asian NCKA'ers out there - you've got to see this!
Listen to the lyrics.
Catch & Repeat

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Quote from: leshigashi
....We all share a common love and passion. This kind of resource for local fisherman is rare and I for one am thankful to all members and to you Bill for you work ...

Well said. Only 9 posts - few but well-chosen words. Complete opposite from the banned person, who made it to a whopping 20 posts - almost all completely negative & insulting.

The responses on this thread show what NCKA is about. The light-hearted quips about one's own race/ethnicity/background turns a negative situation around - it also shows the diversity (cliche as it may sound) of the folks here. People who can joke about themselves are generally more secure with who they are. Adults know when they're crossing the line into making vitriolic racist statements.

Quote from: Zee

Oh, the Dutch...The don't call it the NETHERlands for nothing! 

I have some Dutch blood...and German, French, Corsican, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, etc, etc, etc. Yea, I'm a Euro-mutt, white, "melanin-challenged" - can't even get a tan. Family name on father's side can be traced back to Revolutionary days in the US but that's the extent of my knowledge. Both my parents grew up right here in Oakland.

Quote from: ravensblack
But if anyone ever says I'm a bastard, well they are right. :smt044
I knew it!

OK, one last thing. This goes out to the HAC and all the Asian NCKA'ers out there - you've got to see this!
Listen to the lyrics.

Aaron
That video was funny. It was hard to concentrate on what he was rapping about cuz I was to busy staring at that hot chic. Damn she's fine.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Do we have any Dutch members? If so, was Gold Member a typical Dutch or was he an exception?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUWCUV7tlcI&eurl=http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,16447.30.html

Translation? I think I heard sucka and mf'a but nothing else  :smt001

Since we're throwing around AP quotes we may as well add the most obvious.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:54:24 PM by agarcia »
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Quote from: Ariel Sea
That video was funny. It was hard to concentrate on what he was rapping about cuz I was to busy staring at that hot chic. Damn she's fine.

Be careful, man, she's probably no more than 15 yrs old!  :smt005

Quote from: agarcia
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Catch & Repeat

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

anything