Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:39:39 PM]

[Today at 08:38:39 PM]

[Today at 07:56:21 PM]

[Today at 07:50:41 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Need some help deciding! Salt and fresh Kayak!  (Read 3127 times)

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
you already own what you need......the P-13 will get it done. the new yaks are heavier than the P13 is. The wobble you are feeling is normal. You really gotta be unbalanced to go into the drink.
once again, you have what you need...upgrade that seat to a nice highback a good air-cushion for you ass and you'll be fishing ALL DAY!
I do like the yak, any good seat recommendations?

any of the "high back" seats should fit. Mine are old, but there are many newer brands out there. Most high backs have thick cushions to keep you comfty longer.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Duckguy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Adam,

I had a wide 'yak that rolled like a ball. It was the rounded bottom, not the width, that made the difference. Also, the higher the center of gravity (read "seat") the less stable it will be. Stadium seats are great for comfort, but they do mostly get your butt higher off the water.

Check out Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor and Raptor G2. They are the ultimate in being wide in the stern, very pointy in the front for punching through waves, and have a stadium-style seat. They are also in your budget range, even though the seats, custom cart, etc. are extra. The G2 has the option of being fitted for pedals. I'm going to get one as soon as I can haul my butt to Santa Cruz and try one on the water. All that said, I have no personal experience in one yet, but they look genius!

Anybody out there that has one want to pitch in here?

Dan
Warning! Retiree; Knows it all and has plenty of time to tell you about it.

Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor G2

Duckguy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Whoops, my bad! Seat is included in the $1,540 price. Rudder and controls add $200 per Jim/baitman. Contact him...
Warning! Retiree; Knows it all and has plenty of time to tell you about it.

Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor G2

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Adam,

Also, the higher the center of gravity (read "seat") the less stable it will be. Stadium seats are great for comfort, but they do mostly get your butt higher off the water.

I am not referring to the "stadium" seat(which would surly be squirly),,,,,,just a high back.  :smt002 not a raised type.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

oosickness

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Adam,

I had a wide 'yak that rolled like a ball. It was the rounded bottom, not the width, that made the difference. Also, the higher the center of gravity (read "seat") the less stable it will be. Stadium seats are great for comfort, but they do mostly get your butt higher off the water.

Check out Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor and Raptor G2. They are the ultimate in being wide in the stern, very pointy in the front for punching through waves, and have a stadium-style seat. They are also in your budget range, even though the seats, custom cart, etc. are extra. The G2 has the option of being fitted for pedals. I'm going to get one as soon as I can haul my butt to Santa Cruz and try one on the water. All that said, I have no personal experience in one yet, but they look genius!

Anybody out there that has one want to pitch in here?

Dan

I keep seeing/ hearing about them, i need to touch and feel them, kind of like boobs =)Okay i'm back from being 12 years old lol

funpilot

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
I agree with the postings on the Santa Cruz and the Eddyline C-135.  I am sure I will end up with both. I did put an order in for the C-135 a week ago and I was looking for a comfortable/stable/"light" kayak.  With the new Santa Cruz G2 coming out there should be some nice used Raptors for sale...I am waiting for one near where I live.
Eddyline C-135 on its way (Yellow top/Grey Bottom), now named the "YukAttack."