Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:28:43 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Official PIF report  (Read 7551 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
NCKA designated driver service

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
NCKA designated driver service

You meant NCKA free towing services  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

agoodhi

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Wow, I missed out on a great event. Kept thinking of you guys during my mom's surprise bday party yesterday, wishing i could've been there too.

Awesome seeing photos of smiling Hailey enjoying herself that day!  NCKA family rocks!

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Wow, I missed out on a great event. Kept thinking of you guys during my mom's surprise bday party yesterday, wishing i could've been there too.

Awesome seeing photos of smiling Hailey enjoying herself that day!  NCKA family rocks!

You won some prizes Ryan!!

Thanks again!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Wow,

That is truly PIF,  I don't know what to say…  JustRobberts,  I'm speechless,  you are the man and so glad you have found us,

I'm just overwhelmed at how "The Giving" that happens with this group with PIF and HOW and other things we do as a group, really builds a indescribable, incredible

"Magic…."  we have saying at the PTSD retreat and buttons that say "FM",  it stands for "Fucking Magic!"… as we can't explain what happens in the transformation of people, but when others give of themselves, to others … something just seems to happen beyond ourselves and all one can say is..

F$$##@ Magic…!!!

Well if this is not proof in the pudding…

I don't know what is…

Strong work Jim,  Everyone else who helped and donated and most of all to Porky and little Haley…

I was looking for a extended family in the Fire Department, I did not really find it till I found NCKA…

So proud to be a part of y'all     :smt006

A shot of our silent Hero just after being bitten by the Madness!!!

WTG JustRobberts!!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:18:31 AM by Danglin »
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
PIF was more than expected. Porky and family looked great and it was an honor to personally meet you all. Your wife's speech had me  :smt010, it was awesome.
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

trianglelaguna

• Sea Lion
  • put the lotion in the basket
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
WTG JustRobberts ,that was indeed a magic moment and you sure did help to build it...

I found/find myself amazed and Amy and I  wanting to do more or better plan our  involvement for the next P.i.f or like event,,,riding the p.i.f wave today for sure!!!

the buying of tickets for the family is terrific idea...I will for sure remember this one
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:27:20 AM by trianglelaguna »
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.

People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

FISHADOW

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Pusher of the Prowler. Watcher of the Wise.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Much love
I like to have fun.......

LIVE LIFE!!!

rev

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
 :smt006, proud and glad to have joined this group, met wonderful people working for a  great cause! Thank you, Jim.
"Amy and Craig", thank you again.

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
To paraphrase a previous post

It was an awesome event! Highlights for me:

My 78 year old mom, "Accidentally" getting punched in the arm by FM2
My 84 year old Dad, with his one ticket, winning a skateboard on steroids which he wisely gave to his grandson.
My boy Will playing in the surf with Wingshooter's boy, Branson
Watching Eugene, EG2, trying to land a very stubborn 33" Ling
Meeting BPs fam and little baby! I love babies!
Seeing and fishing with all of my favorite NCKA people
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Hailey thanking you all for PIF

Hailey thanking you all for the kayak and money for Stanford

Big J

• Janice
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
Hailey picking that winning ticket was just plain insanity, not even sure what happened is possible and a complete shock to us, maybe Joel had his hand in that box with Hailey :) I like to think so

Congratulations on the win, hugs to your sweet daughter, and high fives to JustRoberts! This caring spirit is why I love NCKA! And, Big Jim, what can I say? You're The Man!
2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Freshwater Derby Champion, Women's Division

Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Right before we got started with the raffle yesterday, LilRiverman came and made an announcement...

He thanked all the Ahulls for their work on putting on PIF and gave me some extra special words of thanks and presented me with a badass octopus belt buckle and compared me to an octopus with my arms in a lot of different things.

:smt007 :smt008

He came up to me later to let me know a bunch of different people had chipped in for the buckle.

Super grateful and appreciative of the words, gesture and buckle (I love buckles!), but want to make sure that everyone knows that this is a group effort for sure!!!

Every single Ahull works hard to make this event a success, and puts up with my OCD attempts to organize stuff, and it really would not be possible without all of us working together...

AND...everyone who donates prizes (whether they be awesome multiple prizes like FishFlogger and YakHopper and Amadeo donate, or individual prizes), everyone who buys a ticket(s), everyone who paddles out, everyone who brings a meal to share at the potluck, everyone who just posts an encouraging message or shows up at the beach just for moral support...

Somebody asked Sara/SaintofCircumstance ($ collector, ticket seller, prize guarder and face painter extraordinaire)  yesterday who runs the event and she answered "Everybody!" and I really believe that is true...

Even more so this year...we had a gang of kids lining up to pull tickets, give them to PK/Cen Coast announcing and FishFlogger helping select and group prizes...

PIF has been successful and fun for five years now because of ALL of us...and I think we can ALL be proud of it...

So THANK YOU for the awesome gesture and belt buckle, but just want to make sure that nobdoy thinks that I deserve any more credit than all the rest of us.

:smt008

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:01:02 AM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Correct Jim, it's a community, group, effort. However for GITTIN' IT DONE, and having a big heart, you do deserve  mega-credit.

Thanks everyone for chipping in on the buckle !!!!!
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
PIF was more than expected. Porky and family looked great and it was an honor to personally meet you all. Your wife's speech had me  :smt010, it was awesome.
me too......but i hid it...like i always do.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

anything