Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:53:15 PM]

[Today at 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Bay area shut down by government  (Read 2816 times)

olseng2002

• Salmon
  • 2020 Pro Angler 14
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2019
If the Government shut down my work till April 7, what does that mean to me.

Stay home 24/7 and talk to the wife

Go fishing. Kayak is still self isolation.

Does tackle shop = hardware store?

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Tackle shop does not equal hardware store.  Sportsman’s Warehouse Milpitas is currently closed.

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
You can GO OUTSIDE by yourself.
Just keep your distance from other people. Tackle shops should be closed - just make do with what ya got.

BTW, some brewpubs/taprooms are doing takeaway sales. You might have to order online first -- check with you local breweries. Don't get stuck without beer!
Catch & Repeat

Twopatch

• Salmon
  • I like my tea,in the harbor
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2019
Fisherman's Whitehouse in sac.is open,probably be the last day.
We have the government, that our forefathers warned us about.

Mafk In Sac

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
I'm just curious now that Sac County has a order to shelter in place (enforceable by law) can we still actually go fishing in the county. The Sheriff's Dept will be enforcing the order. We can only go outside for essential things and I don't think fishing is official to them...

fishingsowong

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
Under the Q&A section, fishing is allowed IF you are fishing for an establishment. Whatever that means. It didn’t say or implied we need to be commercial fisherman. Then again I didn’t go out to prove my theory today.

BsHawk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2020
This was cut and pasted from information put out by Sacramento County.

Q. What does this order do?

A. This order requires that​, starting at 11:59 p.m. on March 19, 2020, residents in Sacramento County are to stay at their place of residence unless performing an essential duty. For most people, this means you and those you live with should remain at home. You are allowed to leave your home for specified reasons to make sure you have the necessities of life such as getting food and medical supplies. You are also allowed to go outside to take care of pets, go on a walk, exercise outside, and just get outside, so long as you do not congregate in a group and maintain at least six feet of distance between you and other people.
2020 Hobie Outback Camo

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Under the Q&A section, fishing is allowed IF you are fishing for an establishment. Whatever that means. It didn’t say or implied we need to be commercial fisherman. Then again I didn’t go out to prove my theory today.
Oh, hi officer...uhhh...I fish for NCKA, we are an establishment of slayers that care about fishing alot and fishing as well, would you want some fresh halibut?  Uh...just a donation...we are a non-profit...uhhh... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Let me ask; can family visit family?  I was planning to have my son and his family come for the weekend. 

Bchen

• Salmon
  • Bernard Chen
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
As of a couple of minutes ago, Gov. Newsom has asked the entire state to practice social distancing.  It's a big deal.

Jerry, about having your family over, the choice is up to you.  There's no special protection between family members, though.  You're all as likely to transmit it to each other as strangers.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Let me ask; can family visit family?  I was planning to have my son and his family come for the weekend. 

I don’t know about the letter of the law, but the spirit certainly says no. You shouldn’t be spending close time with anybody that you don’t already do that with on a daily basis.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

sebast

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
As of a couple of minutes ago, Gov. Newsom has asked the entire state to practice social distancing.  It's a big deal.

Jerry, about having your family over, the choice is up to you.  There's no special protection between family members, though.  You're all as likely to transmit it to each other as strangers.

Not sure about legal part, but health-wise - I read article that idea of physical distancing is that you don't want to be close to anyone you don't already live with for at least two weeks.  Then, if both parties have been quarantined for two weeks - it should be reasonably safe to meet.

NOTE1, that while two weeks is considered to be a safe assumption of incubation period there were cases of outliers of up to 27 days.
NOTE2, is that even during isolation most have in place it's still possible to get sick while getting groceries, walking outside, etc.
2015 TI
2017 Outback

masterandahound

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014

I don’t know about the letter of the law, but the spirit certainly says no. You shouldn’t be spending close time with anybody that you don’t already do that with on a daily basis.
Doug is right. Unless you're co-habitating with someone, by the letter of the law, you need to be six feet away from everyone.
Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game