Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: PayPal Sucks  (Read 2911 times)

Tinker

What crash said.  The purchaser completed his part of the transaction promptly, correctly, and completely.  He is not involved in my War on PayPal and I won't allow him to get involved in any way, for any reason.  Nothing about this has anything to do with the purchaser - not one thing - and it's not his job to help out with my end.

But thanks for the suggestions, guys.  They may help others in the future.
Heard that, just brainstorming...

I understood Eddie.  I'm trying to make that point often, in case someone joins the conversation late.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:08:01 AM by Tinker »

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Just used PP on an EBay purchase for $422 and change.
We'll see how it plays out.
<=>

taklarry067

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2014
i have had similar problems with them and will never use them.  i was lucky and only lost 100$.  Never again Paypal!
Revo 13
Hobie AI
ocean kayak zest exp 2

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Just used PP on an EBay purchase for $422 and change.
We'll see how it plays out.

I have never had a problem purchasing. Only selling.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Tinker

What crash said.  I've spent WAY more thru PayPal than I'm trying to find and withdraw.

curplunkie

• Sand Dab
  • Kayak Fisherman in Training
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Aww man, I'm sorry to hear this Tinker.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance, otherwise, please keep me posted and let me know when the funds do finally come in.
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3 Ultra (Yellow)
Hobie Revo 13 (Red and Olive)

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
I've used paypal for as long as I can remember and I've never had a problem.  Any chance that the account hasn't had much activity or large transactions in the past?  I can see them being cautions about it if that was the reason but your case does seem a bit annoying with different stories from each person. 

Hope you get this resolved soon.
If you ain't first, you're last.

Tinker

Aww man, I'm sorry to hear this Tinker.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance, otherwise, please keep me posted and let me know when the funds do finally come in.

The funds were there when you sent them, curplunkie.  They kind of disappeared when I got around to trying to move them out of PayPal.  I'll chase them down, but thank you for asking if you can help.  Mighty stand-up thing to do.

Tinker

I've used paypal for as long as I can remember and I've never had a problem.  Any chance that the account hasn't had much activity or large transactions in the past?  I can see them being cautions about it if that was the reason but your case does seem a bit annoying with different stories from each person. 

Hope you get this resolved soon.

Oh, I'll get it resolved.  You can count on that.  The only time I've used it for a large amount was when I made a $1000 payment.  This is the first time I've received a payment in any amount, and perhaps they are being cautious, but I keep being told the funds have already been sent to my bank.  That's a bit scary because they didn't arrive and don't appear to be in process.

Thanks.  For every horror story I read, hearing a happier tale helps me calm the hell down.

JimmyD

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
I bought a Revo on here with PayPal, and also bought my Motorcycle with PayPal.  I always offer to come back later and pickup the goods after the person feels it has been deposited otherwise will give my license or other info.

I would encourage people to use PayPal as it is convenient, plus my wife doesn't see that account.. so it's all for guy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I bought a Revo on here with PayPal, and also bought my Motorcycle with PayPal.  I always offer to come back later and pickup the goods after the person feels it has been deposited otherwise will give my license or other info.

I would encourage people to use PayPal as it is convenient, plus my wife doesn't see that account.. so it's all for guy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Making the payment yes, but receiving it aint so unless you know the person enough. It happens before, remember paypal favor the payer not the payee. Paypal has money back guarantee no questions ask. Be careful receiving payments through this method.
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

SteveS doesn't kayak anymore

• grumpy ex-kayaker
  • Sea Lion
  • winter sturgeon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
My understanding is they use their ACH api for their account transfers, same apii you would use if you were using pay flow as a business. It only settles sun-thurs, and after business hours. ACH only operates during banking hours-I know it is the weirdest thing- so if you triggered it when the gateway is down you'll get an error, but that takes like 4-5 days -I know weird again.

So, might not be gone, gone, but just not there yet

Tinker

My understanding is they use their ACH api for their account transfers, same apii you would use if you were using pay flow as a business. It only settles sun-thurs, and after business hours. ACH only operates during banking hours-I know it is the weirdest thing- so if you triggered it when the gateway is down you'll get an error, but that takes like 4-5 days -I know weird again.

So, might not be gone, gone, but just not there yet

I'm at fifteen days and counting...

scooter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
I was just curious if the transaction for the kayak was done as a business deal/purchase or as friends and family's ? I do lots of business through them but if people are willing I always route it friends and family to avoid fees.

This is an interesting topic though because I have always wondered how it would go if I ever tried to pull out a large amount to have them put in my bank account if they would scrutinize my account closer and want their unpaid fees?
I ended up just always using the money through eBay and places that accept PayPal so it never is an issue. Even Home Depot accepts PayPal I believe even at the cash registers in the store.

. plus as someone else noted on here the missus has no idea about my pay pal balance so it's like hidden money

Tinker

No indication it was a hack job at this time.  We - their support people and I - did a second bank routing verification the day before I asked for the transfer to my bank, and the two PayPal test deposits (and withdrawals) into my account went smoothly.  Their records on the big transfer show it was "sent" to the correct bank account.  My pennies are just wandering, lost and frightened, somewhere in the ether.

Still calling daily, and you wouldn't believe the different wild and far-fetched explanations I get when I call.  If it weren't happening to me, some of them would be knee-slapping funny.

One of these days I find it.  They have to reconcile their accounts sometime.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:46:45 AM by Tinker »

anything