Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Pay it Foreward Raffle page  (Read 17149 times)

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Gonna start A different thread to showcase raffled items. Heres A pick of what type of trailer Scallen and I are gonna put up. Note its not going to be as pretty keep in mind its A used trailer and gonna have my weld jobs! :smt009... J/K the welds will be OK.... Anyway feel free to post pics here....Andy... Mods move if I put in wrong place.......
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
I also have one similar to this that im gonna raffle off. Its alot nicer but doesnt have the good juju! Its never had anything frying in it yet just finished up last night. I dont have A pic of it my camera is MIA.. Its gonna come complete with A tank, burner, and disc! :smt006

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I also have one similar to this that im gonna raffle off. Its alot nicer but doesnt have the good juju! Its never had anything frying in it yet just finished up last night. I dont have A pic of it my camera is MIA.. Its gonna come complete with A tank, burner, and disc! :smt006

Angel said he wants this thing pretty bad....expect to sell alot of raffle tix.  :smt003
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I will be building a custom kayak fishing rod and donating it for the raffle. It will be a Batson Rainshadow SWS 696. I usually only build Calstar or Seeker rods but I chose it based on recommendations by KZ:

"I also really like the Rainshadow SWS696 as an all purpose Norcal saltwater rod... cut back from the butt to 7'4" or 7'6".  The more I use it, the more I like it.  The Leepins used them on YT on the Islander and gave them big thumbs up for that as well."

As you know, KZ is THE rod expert of NCKA and legendary dino slayer. It will be cut back to 7' 4" (from 7' 10") and is rated 20-40#, 1-4 oz lures. It is a X4 graphite/glass composite blank. It has a nice moderate fast action which is perfect for fishing spectra. It should work well for live bait, yo-yo iron and light jig tossing. It is pretty light in the hand but has amazing lifting power. I am building it for yellow tail, dorado and white sea bass and will be using the following components:

American Tackle - Gimble and aluminum reel seat
AA large arbor cork grips
Stainless steel leash attachment/hook keeper
Fuji BHBNG Silicon Nitride II boat guides
Fuji MNST Silicon Carbide Tip

I will post pictures of the rod as construction progresses. When completed, it will be a one-of-a-kind rod valued at over $300. Whatever rods you are fishing with now, you are going to want this for your arsenal. See you on 7/17.  :smt006

Scott

Custom Rod - Step #1 - Handle & Tip - 2 1/2 hours

Spined the rod and glued on the tip. Next I cut 6" off the butt section. Then I reamed the cork grips for an hour. I really like cork because of the traditional look and feel but on these large diameter saltwater rods, the reaming seems to go on forever. :smt005 Then I glued up the handle with paste epoxy.

Custom Rod - Step #2 - Under Wraps and Butt Wrap - 16 hours (8 work - 8 drying)

Calculated the guide spacing with and overly complex formula from the Rod Rack.  :smt005 Temporarily taped on the guides with masking tape then marked the area for the under wraps. Removed the guides and wrapped the under wraps and decorative butt wrap. Wrote the rod specs and "pay it forward" date on the rod with a gold pen. Applied a coat of Thread Master epoxy and rotated the rod with an electric motor for 8 hours.

Custom Rod - Step #3 - Guide Wraps - 24 hours (8 work - 16 drying)

I double wrap the guides with size D thread for saltwater rods for the traditional "triple wrapped" construction. This technique dates back to when varnish was used and the thread provided the strength to hold the guide on. With the advent of modern flexible epoxys, the epoxy now provides the holding power so the thread is less important. At least that is how Steve from the Rod Rack explained it to me. All that said, I still double wrap the guides and then apply 2 coats of epoxy. I install the guides with the traditional in-line configuration instead of the spiral configuration (acid wrapping) which EK uses. Although spiral wrapping has some real advantages, I just can't get used to the look, even though I grew up in the 60's.  :smt005

Custom Rod - Step #4 - Finishing the Handle - 1 hour

I don't build rods to float because the extra foam can interfere with casting and looks funky, IMO. I do use leashes and install a deck loop on the rear grip which serves as a leash attachment and hook keeper. The deck loop is attached with stainless scews and 2 ton epoxy. Then the cork is sanded and finished with Cork Seal.

Avet JX 4.1

In an ideal world, the reel should be matched to the rod and both are matched to the target fish. In this case, the target species is yellow tail, white sea bass and the dorado. I rigged an Avet JX 4.1 with 300 yards of Izorline 50# spectra then 100 yards of Tuf Line XP 65# spectra and 6 feet of Seaguar 40# fluoro. Tuf Line 65# spectra is the kelp cutter line of choice. With this rig there is no place to hide.  :smt009
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:23:31 PM by Great Bass 2 »
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I also have one similar to this that im gonna raffle off.

The bidding competition will be fierce.

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
I dont have A pic of it my camera is MIA.. Its gonna come complete with A tank, burner, and disc! :smt006
OMG, a chance to own my own MANTECA pit???  Now I know I'm gonna have to haul some cash out there!!!

Btw, try using your new iTouch for a camera, dude  :smt002
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

Angel said he wants this thing pretty bad....expect to sell alot of raffle tix.  :smt003

I got my eye on that bitchen rope spool end table :smt044
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
The Meat Fryer!!! :smt003.....

Fish Master1

• Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Busting this one out! I hope somebody likes it!!!!!!... Gonna trick it out A little more. ....

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

Dude!!!!!

Those are AWESOME!!!

Wow....totally want to win that thing!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
How much are raffle tickets gonna be???

Gotta start saving up!!!
 :smt002
Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Andy I want that burner dude...if I win it...raiders on the tank for sure :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  Tailgating @ every event!!!  U guys rule...all though that rod's starting to look pretty sweet!!!  great work everyone!!!
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Really nice. Love the black theme

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
hey sucker puncher...... I don't see a beer holder anywhere on that table.....your slippin Andy....but I still lovyabrah :smt008
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:14:16 PM by Mooch »