Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 23, 2024, 11:40:20 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:50:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[April 23, 2024, 06:21:18 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[April 23, 2024, 05:23:24 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Girls going to CAMP! Fishing Sunday Evening till Sunday Next! Folsom 6/10 4-5ish  (Read 2409 times)

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
That time of year again! :smt007 I have passes to both Rollins and Folsom (with boat launch) Going out Sunday after they head up to camp and every night except tues, all week. Who's going where? Want to join me!?! I'll post destination for each day by 3pm. Come play!!! I can Pop my trailer behind the jeep and we can meet at my shop, load up and go! (FREE!!!)Fun Every year! :smt006 I will have 2 kayaks on the jeep if you don't have one. Wilderness systems Tarpon130X Is the buddy boat. Set up ready to fish... All gear incl life jacket for you newbies or lurkers that might want to give it a go! Rollins fish Guaranteed! Folsom, no guarantee, but lots of fun.... Let's go!!!! Tonight taking my BOAT to Folsom!!!! deep trolling for kings!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:29:22 AM by Weimarian »
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Fish N Disc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
I should be free next week and have my own kayak setup.  I'm mainly fish morning till 1-2 but evening fishing can be good.  I've fished Rollins only a hand full of times but have more experience on Folsom-South fork.  Would be interested in getting to know Rollins better.  Folsom is tough but normally catch at least one fish.  Folsom is getting better with high water, full now, and can now see plenty of small fish.

I manly fish for Bass but Crappie at Rollins would be interesting.

DRT Yakbah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
I should be free next week and have my own kayak setup.  I'm mainly fish morning till 1-2 but evening fishing can be good.  I've fished Rollins only a hand full of times but have more experience on Folsom-South fork.  Would be interested in getting to know Rollins better.  Folsom is tough but normally catch at least one fish.  Folsom is getting better with high water, full now, and can now see plenty of small fish.

I manly fish for Bass but Crappie at Rollins would be interesting.

Do it. Ron is a great dude and knows his shit. He is a generous guy and will put you on the fish. If you have the time, I would make the trip to fish Rollins with Ron.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Decided to rework my boat electronics Saturday. New fish finders, side shot and regular chirp type. Going out tonight to try them out. Folsom lake granite bay entrance.5-6 ish
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:12:16 PM by Weimarian »
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Folsom lake, grinder! Spent 2hrs not a bite... Changed areas and as I was flying along...... Saw bait jumping all over in 20-30' of water. circled back and tossed crank baits at the bait balls. Sure enough, as my deep diver passed threw or under the bait, it got slammed. thought I had a tree! That's when it figured out it was hooked and the fight began! Nice small mouth to hand. Took picture and let it go. Tossed again and got 9 more fish over the next hr. Great night. Will post a picture tomorrow. Night night. Oh, tomorrow night is Rollins on the kayak. 5-5:30ish at greenhorn camp entrance

Fish N Disc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
How late can you stay on the water at Rollins, or how late do they close gates?

Folsom is a pain as they want you out at 6 PM. At least that's how it is on the south fork.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
At folsom last night. I was at the ramp by 8:30 (and the patrol boat was running around chasing people off the water. Did my ship shape and out by 9pm. That was at granite bay. At Rollins, I get off the water around 9-10pm. Gates don't close per se, never been chased out. We've fished out there till 11 pm before. Tonight I'll be loading up 'round about 9-9:30 Come play at Rollins tonight!!!

Fish N Disc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Finished fixing broken underground pipe so I'll come.
I should be on the water before 5

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
See ya there... I'll have my radio on Ch69  :smt006

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Very generous offer, Ron! That’s just how Weimaran rolls. But you gotta work on posting shorter titles hahaha!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Cave man fill in all the spaces :smt005 It takes a lot of work to use every space in that header bar....  :smt044 tonight at Rollins the skunk was swimming up on me hard! fought back with an 8" spotted bass and left the skunk confused but still following. Broke out my go to and scrapped up two more before calling it at 8:50 :smt001 Also got a close up with a trout before he shook the hook yak side. So Mondays at Rollins after all the boating might not be the best choice. the fish WERE there, just not biting. Tomorrow heading to Truckee after work to drop Emma off with Carrie then fish my way back home from shore/creek side. Really nice night on the water. Fish n disc, you have a cool job! Was fun to fish with you. G-night folks

yatzmail@yahoo.com

Better luck next time. It still sounded like a fun weekend!

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
It looks like I will be able to get on the water this Saturday morning as my work is not conducive to getting on the water during the weekday (1st world problem).  Does Greenhorn have a gate and if so can anyone tell me when it opens?  I want to try to get on the water before the boat traffic gets crazy.  I want to try Rollins as Folsom has been skunk city for the last month+.  My wife thinks it may be just me who can't catch anything :smt003 
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Fairly sure 6am.... I've gone in as early as 5am. just use the pay box envelopes. Not sure they close the gate at all.

Got all my river gear and fly stuff for my run up to Truckee tonight... Hope to find a brooky or two, beautiful fish!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:34:41 AM by Weimarian »

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
Thank you for the intel :smt004  I've only banked fished near the dam and the boat docks closer to the dam, with some luck (my avatar is from Rollins).  Looking forward to paddling and exploring the lake.  Hopefully the early morning boat traffic isn't too bad.
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

anything