Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Rigging up an OK T13  (Read 1529 times)

TenCrabs

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I have been looking for a good write up on rigging up a T13 with some pictures. I really want to get my yak setup much better. I found one subject on it in this forum but all the pictures are missing because they used Photo Bucket.

Loren

bryan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
What are you trying to rig up my main boat is a t13 im fairly minimalist with my gear but i can send what i got or answer some questions as what didnt work shoot me a pm

TenCrabs

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Bryan, I'm just looking for good ideas for keeping things in place and handy. I just bought a new Plano net because last season I lost a nice ling because the net was too small, it was latched onto a rockfish I hooked and let go...lesson learned! I have to cut the foam handle off of the net because it won't fit in the rod holder. I'm probably going to wrap it in some bicycle handlebar tape unless someone has a better idea?

I am wipping up some lines made out of 1/4" bungee cord for the plano jig box I have so I can toss it behind the seat and attach it to my seat straps. I have different color bungee so I can tell what I am going after without much difficulty.

The main thing I am after is seeing how people setup their yak. There are a lot of good ideas out there. I am going to order the FF soon so trying to get info on where to place holes for wiring etc. I'll do some poking around and see what I can find.

Thanks!

Loren

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
Here's an old one, I used an exact copy to hang my FF, works well.

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=25582.0

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
I was recently looking for the same thing purchased a t15 and was looking for clean rigging ideas. Like you pointed out a lot were posted with photo bucket and are no longer available.
 I didn't want to drill a bunch of holes so my fishfinder is on a ram ball on the front of the center hatch,I made a scupper mount basically copied a lowrance one,and store my battery and extra cable in the sonar shield. Its clean and no holes were needed.
 Another thing I did is get the flambeau box similar to the Plano. If you remove the lid it fits perfectly inside the rod pod. So it works like the tub the newer tridents have. The only thing is you have to slide it all the way forward to close the hatch. Which actually works really well the sonar shield blocks it from sliding forward and the rodpod cover keeps it from sliding back. I will see if I have any pics.

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Here's how the box fits.

TenCrabs

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks for the write up and the tips on the install. I don't mind drilling a few holes in the yak but it is Fishing Addict's old T13 so don't let him know :smt003 There was a ram ball installed in the sonar shield when I bought it so I may Okie rig it up without drilling any holes first and see if I like that location, it may be difficult to scoot up there and press the buttons like it mentioned in the write up.  I think I'll order the FF then I can see the connectors on it etc so I can get a plan for a permanent install.

In my earlier post I mentioned I bought a new Plano net however it is actually a Promar net like this one. I think I bought the middle size.  https://promarnets.com/product/promesh-series-hook-resistant-nets/

I like the net but like I said it won't fit in the rod holder.

bryan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Ill try to post some photos tomorrow i have a minimalist approach on the top deck witj the least ammount of bungeea and cords. The inside is mostly velcro strapping and some caribiners to hold things in place and make them easily accessible. The biggest issue i had initially was the stuff inside shifting or being hard to get to