General > Site Discussion

[SITE] What are the limitations on image uploads

(1/2) > >>

polepole:
The forums are set up to be able to upload up to 8 images at a time.  However, there is a constraint that the total size of a post can not be larger than 8MB.  Note that the site is also set up to automatically resize images to a width of 1024 (and display at a width of 640), to save bandwidth and disk space.

So you could post a single 8MB image and the site will happily accept it and resize it.  But try to post two 8MB images and the site will happily reject it.

The best thing to do to ensure your images get posted is to always resize them beforehand.

You may wonder why not just increase the minimum post limit since all the images are being resized anyways.  Well, I've been thinking about that.  But one "loophole" currently in the system is that you can attach non-image files such as PDF.  Occasionally these are getting posted and they can get quite large.  I'm thinking whether just to disable PDF attachments, which should allow me to increase total post limits.

-Allen

LoletaEric:
I'm used to resizing all photos, so it works fine for me as is.

Fish 'n Brew:
Wouldn't PDF be the preferred format for things like tournament waivers?

Rock Hopper:

--- Quote from: LoletaEric on February 02, 2014, 10:32:43 AM ---I'm used to resizing all photos, so it works fine for me as is.

--- End quote ---

Ditto.

Salty.:
thanks for the post & explanation Allen. And thanks also to Howard for walking me through how to resize using Photoshop.

I noticed there was one fishing report lately that had 22 photos in one post. So I guess that person has got some kinda secret mojo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version