Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[Today at 04:04:00 AM]

[Today at 02:42:27 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: need opinions on this kayak plz...  (Read 6989 times)

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Holy cameltoe...I hope yall pay more attention to directions at work than u do on here! I never said I was or would putting 3 people on it. Thats stupid and if u said that in one of your replies you should feel stupid too. Nor would I put my girl n son on it in the ocean. Thats ignorant. I did get some good info and price ranges from some of the more intelligent folks though which was the goal and very helpful so thanks! Im new to kayaking, not new to using my brain.

You seem like a pleasant fellow.  Enjoy your new boat!
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Actually crash your reply was one of the rudest. Money burning a hole in my pocket? Sorry im not going to take my hard earned money im buying a house with this summer to buy a kayak. If your going to come on my thread and lip off n be disrespectful save it. Thanks
" The fish are where you find em ". Grandpa. R.I.P & fuck you cancer!

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Lots of replies here. Has anyone who has replied actually paddled or even seen this kayak? Hahahahah
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:22:45 PM by ravensblack »
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

GrimKeeper

• Sea Lion
  • To consume, you must produce.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
I honestly don't think anyone was attempting to insult you. There are a lot of dudes that have been kayaking a long time and sarcasm was directed at a company that preys on people who are new to the sport by making something like a 10' three person fishing kayak.

If someone were to really focus on their family instead of the fishing aspect, you could probably have fun for 20 minutes splashing around in the summer with your family on this yak. It will probably not be an even good kayak for most single person fishing applications.

Through the sarcasm directed more towards wal-Mart and this manufacturer, the old clear message of try, try, try before you buy is heard.

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
I would also recommend trying Adventure Sports in Sacramento to try and fid something that suits your needs. Carl sells a ton of boats and has great prices. Close to you area also.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
My first reply was helpful.  Your response tp the thread at that point:

Lmfao...buncha jokesters I love it. I want one for ocean fishing rough watdr.i have a sit in wilderness now and aint down to go roll that in the ocean mmk. I want a tandem for me n the ol lady and the youngin. I have a credit card I havent used yet so might as well use it I reckon! So do you guys on here selling used ones take credit? Lol

was pretty pathetic.  You had nothing but help, and you come off as an asshole.  You called us a bunch of jokesters, I just ran with it.

You will get a lot of help here from experienced people as long as you show at least a modicum of gratitude.  You start calling people names and insulting them, and that won't happen as readily.  Is that really the reputation you want to have?
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

eiboh

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
crash is opinionated and educated. PM him next time do you feel insulted the site can provide information. as you were looking for

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Now we are into calling someone an asshole? It seems the man was looking for real opinions. Not a bunch of smart ass bullshit. That's where it went downhill.

SlackedTide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Id buy it for the kids camping at the lake, wouldn't trust it on the ocean. Wouldn't load 3 ppl  on it for sure. 
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2011 Hobie Outback - bye bye
1997 Tracker 17 Deep V<--- Money Pit

When you look outside the window, and all you see is fishing. True Story.

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Lots of replies here. Has anyone who has replied actually paddled or even seen this kayak? Hahahahah

I dont have to drive a Prius to know it is not gonna work for me. Like I said though, looks like a good tow behind for hunting out of a kayak.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Ok guys im loving the kayak thing and will likely be in it for the long haul ! Ravensblack was dead nuts. So you know me im a ironworker/shop lead and super nice  but take 0% bs from anybody.  So other than this little shananigan lol  ive learned enough info to make a good decision on my fishing yak and  use my wilderness system as a buddy yak. Mission accomplished ya?!

masterandahound

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Holy cameltoe...I hope yall pay more attention to directions at work than u do on here! I never said I was or would putting 3 people on it. Thats stupid and if u said that in one of your replies you should feel stupid too. Nor would I put my girl n son on it in the ocean. Thats ignorant. I did get some good info and price ranges from some of the more intelligent folks though which was the goal and very helpful so thanks! Im new to kayaking, not new to using my brain.
So, lets take a quick timeout.. As someone who admitted to being new to kayaking, you just need to understand where some of the people on here are coming from. In your initial post, it certainly reads as though you want a kayak to take your wife and child out in the ocean. If thats not what you meant, then it was a misread by some. But you could at least see where someone would take that away from your post, right ? That kind of scenario sends up a red flag for alot of people on here.

People on here take safety seriously. In fact, its likely that more arguments on the board begin over safety-related topics than anything. Safety is a religion among NCKA folks. Not to get too serious and grim, but nobody wants to see any of our members or their family pulled lifeless from the surf for any reason, even more so for making a poor choice on the water. As is, too many members have had to rescue others kayakers who ventured out in the wrong boat or were outgunned by the conditions they were in. No doubt, sarcasm gets dished pretty steadily around here and sometimes it gets in the way of the message. But at the root of it is alwaus a spirit of camaraderie and a genuine concern for fellow members.

So, hopefully you got some answers and helpful recommendations. Good luck with your purchase and hopefully we'll run into each other on the water !  :smt006
Ocean Kayak Prowler Big Game

weldhuntfish

• Salmon
  • View Profile

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Hey weldhuntfish welcome to the group!
This weekend there is gonna be a huge demo days - paddle any kayak you want for a small fee, at Lake Natoma, just down the road from you.
Should be good times and lots of different plastic to try :smt001
AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

anything