Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:28:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 10:36:10 AM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Smolt release at Fort Baker tonite. YAKKERS NEEDED!  (Read 623 times)

sharky

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile monkeyfacenews
  • Date Registered: May 2007
Yesterday they successfully released a bunch of smolt at FB. Towards the end of the dump some gulls got in on the action and made of with some smolt.
 My friend Jim Anderson, one of the guys in charge of the project said he would love to have the help of a few yacks to keep the gulls away from the discharge pipe tonite.
 I'll check back in later to see if anyone can help.
If you don't hear from me you can just go down to Fort Baker 45 min or so early and ask around for Jim Anderson and he'll him your one of the yakers he was looking for. He'll tell you what to do.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
If it wasn't on Father's Day, I'd totally be happy to help out.

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Can we use shotguns? Just kidding.
I had a Captain show me how to get all, I mean ALL the seagulls to leave for 45 minutes. It works unbelievably well too.
Take two anchovies and 40 feet of string. Tie an anchovie on each end. Toss one to the seagulls and it will fly off. The other anchovie will skip across the water and every gull will go for it. The gull with the anchovie freaks out and flies like a son of a gun cuz it thinks they are all coming for his anchovie! The second one starts flying and they squack and keep chasing it! Funniest thing you have ever seen!!!
Guarantee they are all gone for 30 minutes to an hour.
Use thinnest cotton string you can get. Fishing line causes all kinds of problems as we all know. I would try it.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
Can we use shotguns? Just kidding.
I had a Captain show me how to get all, I mean ALL the seagulls to leave for 45 minutes. It works unbelievably well too.
Take two anchovies and 40 feet of string. Tie an anchovie on each end. Toss one to the seagulls and it will fly off. The other anchovie will skip across the water and every gull will go for it. The gull with the anchovie freaks out and flies like a son of a gun cuz it thinks they are all coming for his anchovie! The second one starts flying and they squack and keep chasing it! Funniest thing you have ever seen!!!
Guarantee they are all gone for 30 minutes to an hour.
Use thinnest cotton string you can get. Fishing line causes all kinds of problems as we all know. I would try it.

I'm laughing out loud just imagining this in my head.  I'd probably laugh and fall out of my yak if I saw it in real life.

Baitman

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
We used to do that back in the 70's at Dutch Harbor...   An Eagle would swoop down to grab it..  the  gulls made a huge circle.   Except,,, they did not follow the Eagle..   Cheap thrills ......  LOL :smt044
Sometimes the fish isn't the only prize.
2nd place  Simply Fishing 2013
   Designer  Raptor kayaks

You must pass through the valley of stupidity to ascend the mountain of knowledge.

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Two words, Alka Seltzer
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator