Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 10:04:01 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: FIRE FIRE FIRE  (Read 10737 times)

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
The smoke in the Ukiah area is bad today. Sections of the fire over by Potter Valley still appear "Hot" on the thermal imaging maps.

They began re-population of Redwood Valley yesterday. The southern end of the area was allowed to return. Today they are letting in the center section - up to where West and East Roads join at the southern end of Tomki road for those of you who may know the area. My area is still closed to residents.

It's a mixed bag.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:34:26 PM by Fisherman X »
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

VK

The smoke in the Ukiah area is bad today. Sections of the fire over by Potter Valley still appear "Hot" on the thermal imaging maps.

They began re-population of Redwood Valley yesterday. The southern end of the area was allowed to return. Today they are letting in the center section - up to where West and East Roads join at the southern end of Tomki road for those of you who may know the area. My area is still closed to residents.

It's a mixed bag.

Thanks for the update , Stay safe  :smt006

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
You still doing okay out there.  Had to drive through to Santa Rosa for a doctors appointment and there were still smoldering spots across the freeway. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I'm watching it here in Texas because I have friends and family in those parts. Looks terrible and I still wonder why so many fires "started " at once.

Looks so sad when an entire neighborhood just burns to the ground. Hope all is okay with the NCKA family and I know if someone will need help; y'all always lend a helping hand
I suspect it may have been caused by downed PG&E poles and sparking transformers. There were apparently quite a few calls reporting that kind of thing before the fires. That combined with REALLY strong winds is a recipe for disaster. There were (literally) hurricane force winds on some of the ridges... Just nuts...

PG&E isn’t exactly known for their stellar safety record... Hopefully this serves as a wake up call whether or not they are found to be responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
 Here's a video that I bet PG&E wishes was true. 

VK

Here's a video that I bet PG&E wishes was true. 

Knew it would be just a matter of time. I was hoping no one  would live up to my expectations and  some jackwagon would politicize this thread . Congratulations you win . I  started/intended the thread to share day to day relevant warnings , relevant updates and relevant information .   :smt011
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:33:35 PM by D. »

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
Knew it would be just a matter of time. I was hoping no one  would live up to my expectations and  some jackwagon would politicize this thread . Congratulations you win . I  started/intended the thread to share day to day relevant warnings , relevant updates and relevant information .   :smt011
Damn I must have let my negativity fade for a bit as I didn’t ever expect this to be politicized.  Just didn’t.  I saw a pic of trump on the video posted and never even watched it.  Was hoping that wasn’t the case so hit the ignore button in my brain. 
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
I guess you guys see what you want to see.  I was responding to AlexB's post about the possibility of PG&E's responsibility for the fires.  Not politically motivated, just relaying an off the wall and out of the box theory on the starts I came across on the internet.  Didn't realize a picture of Trump would set you off.  Now excuse me while I return to my jackwagonness.

VK

I don't care if it's Trump. I wouldn't like it if it was HRC , The Bern or the Pope .. It's a photo of a politician . Maybe it's true , maybe it's not . I think it's inappropriate . It's a public forum.I can't tell you what to post . Just like you I'm offering an opinion , option ,hypothesis or theory ..Show a politician it's politicized .. off the wall .. out of the box maybe , maybe not .I won't excuse you and yes you can go back to being a jackwagon .

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
I guess you guys see what you want to see.  I was responding to AlexB's post about the possibility of PG&E's responsibility for the fires.  Not politically motivated, just relaying an off the wall and out of the box theory on the starts I came across on the internet.  Didn't realize a picture of Trump would set you off.  Now excuse me while I return to my jackwagonness.
I truly didn’t listen or watch it just in case it was political or mocking.  D. Felt like it was.  If that wasn’t the Intent then it wasn’t.  If it was then that was wrong and hope no one else thinks that’s a good idea when people are suffering and stressed to the max. 
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I got tired of seeing a certain face on my home screen each time I open Tapatalk... So here’s a new picture to take its place as most recent in this thread.

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Apparently it takes a video to “trump” the earlier video, so here’s something uplifting.

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Well, that didn’t work either...

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I hope this works pretty crazy open pic and scroll left to right see a bright green object zoom in. My old hood raised the kids there.
https://world.hangar.com/three-sixty/n0aWWMEj
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

VK

I hope this works pretty crazy open pic and scroll left to right see a bright green object zoom in. My old hood raised the kids there.
https://world.hangar.com/three-sixty/n0aWWMEj

Damn. I'm going in tomorrow to help  , my neighbors' mom lost her home .