Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: FIRE FIRE FIRE  (Read 10703 times)

Str8FishiN

• DEPTH SQUAD
  • Sea Lion
  • #hobiefishing
  • View Profile Hobie Fishing
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
My prayers go out to everyone involved. I live in eureka.  I have a horse trailer if anyone needs it  also have a camp trailer some one could call home for a few nights. Not much but it's all I got at moment. Text if needed. 7076014968

Thanks Doug!  All horses have been evacuated.
"Success if living the life you love" -MOOCH

Der_Huntsman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
My wife and I evacuated at 2am and it took us 5 hours via hwy 20 to get to their house in Napa. Last night at around 5 pm, their house was evacuated because of the Atlas Fire. I'm sleeping in my camper in a co-workers yard. I live(ed) off of Fulton just south of River Rd. Does anyone know if that neighborhood by the elementary school is still there? Does anyone have any ideas about how to get back there from Vacaville without going all the way up I-5 to 20?

This fucking sucks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as "MF"

@Der_Huntsman

VK

Are you talking Jack London elementary school ? I'm off Fulton at Piner PM me your address , I'll go check if I can in there

mickfish

• Global Moderator
  • Fish & Chill
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Our home and neighborhood of 20yrs gone I'm at a loss for words so many friends lost everything. We sold a year ago house gone, my son was living with a buddy moved to PDX that house is gone, my daughter moved out of an Apt last week her apt gone. I guess we were lucky but it just feels wrong can't feel good about it when so many are hurting and it's not over yet. Praying the winds stay down. Our ex house was in the bottom left corner we are in shock. 
Group IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the group.

A Steelhead always knows where he is going, but a Man seldom does.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010

Praying for all up there, especially our NCKA family...

Please stay safe and keep us posted....

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

VK

Our home and neighborhood of 20yrs gone I'm at a loss for words so many friends lost everything. We sold a year ago house gone, my son was living with a buddy moved to PDX that house is gone, my daughter moved out of an Apt last week her apt gone. I guess we were lucky but it just feels wrong can't feel good about it when so many are hurting and it's not over yet. Praying the winds stay down. Our ex house was in the bottom left corner we are in shock.

Damn Mike so sad ..Yeah  its a  tough one , we know several families there ..Lost everything ..

kokoloco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Long scary night. Proud of my son who remained cool and collected.
Fire came down from calistoga road toward my apartment. And from the other side out of the east by hwy 12.
And fountain grove looks like it is gone.
I haven't slept since 5am yesterday.
Nerve wracking shit!
Glad to you and family safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Emperor of the World

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I want to add to my 'list' supplied earlier;
1. If you don't have one on hand, get a copy of your insurance policy.  Read AND understand it.  If you don't understand what you are reading, then find someone who can explain it to you who is NOT your insurance company.  Understand the policy enough that you could teach a class on it.  This is your life line for rebuilding your life.  You do not want to leave any money on the table as you rebuild your lives. 
2. Start making a list of what you owned.  No, not the obvious, like clothes, TV, etc.  Be VERY specific.  For me, I found that at night, when things were calm and quiet, I could sit in a darkened room with my eyes closed and mentally open a closet or drawer and 'see' what as there.  For example, as I 'looked' into my bedroom closet, I remembered I had a silk Hawaiian shirt that cost $80.  That's a whole lot different than, say, a free T-shirt from a walk-a-thon.  I remembered stuff like a bowling ball, bag and shoes I hadn't used in over 10 years.  It's all worth money to replace and you are going to need every dollar as you replace those things you do want after you rebuild the house.  Your 'junk' drawer; all those things you couldn't get a dollar for at a garage sale is worth $100 or more if you had to go to a store and buy it all over again.  Before I was finished with my list, my insurance company told me I had enough to justify the full value of my replacement costs for my personal property.  BTW, my policy covered 70% of the house's value for the stuff inside the house, so, say a $500,000 house has a value of $350,000 for the contents.  You do not want to leave any money on the table, so make your list!  Same with other 'improvements' to the property.  Driveway, walkways, fencing.  Landscaping; try to recall all the plants, the pots, the irrigation system, etc.  All has value and all can be recovered for the cost IF you tell the insurance company about it while being specific. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:17:27 AM by Ski Pro 3 -- Jerry »

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
This has all been just devastating to watch.

While we are a couple hundred miles north of the main fires here in Humboldt and out of harm's way, our main fiber optic line that supplies mass communication to the county has been severed.  If you are trying to get hold of someone up here and are not successful, that is probably why.  Anybody with AT&T or Frontier communications in Humboldt County is without service with no ETA of restoration.  For a time that included EMS but most critical services are back up and running now.  Minor in the scheme of things, but wanted to give a heads up.

I've been thinking of you all in the fire areas.  Stay safe.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I'm watching it here in Texas because I have friends and family in those parts. Looks terrible and I still wonder why so many fires "started " at once.

Looks so sad when an entire neighborhood just burns to the ground. Hope all is okay with the NCKA family and I know if someone will need help; y'all always lend a helping hand
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
My mom finally left her place in Windsor today -- voluntarily, fortunately -- fire had gotten within a few miles from them. The house isn't out of the woods yet. Just got an advisory that fire is reported 2.9 miles away.
Anyway, she and her hubby got out of the area.

My heart goes out to you all who live in the devastated areas and especially to those who lost a house.
Stay safe.

Catch & Repeat

PescaDONo

• Salmon
  • View Profile Timber Cove 3 day weather forecast - trihourly
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
My mother is being evacuated for the second time from the wikiup area. Fires are still out of control. My stepsister lost her house in fountain Grove. My fathers house is west of Oakmont which is being evacuated right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."
 ~Roderick Haig-Brown, about modern fishing, A River Never Sleeps, 1946

Link to Timber Cove 3 day, tri-hourly weather
Lawson's Landing Fishing Report- Tomales Bay

Archie Marx

• AOTY Committee
  • Hobie Revo 13 & 16
  • View Profile kayakcity.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
I'm watching it here in Texas because I have friends and family in those parts. Looks terrible and I still wonder why so many fires "started " at once.

Looks so sad when an entire neighborhood just burns to the ground. Hope all is okay with the NCKA family and I know if someone will need help; y'all always lend a helping hand

One hopes that it wasn't an act of arson. We had really high winds that day all over NorCal. Lots of dry fuel and high winds is usually a recipe for wildfires.

This one is far from me, but it's really hitting home with so many friends and acquaintances evacuating. Our thoughts are with you.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:03:55 PM by Archie Marx »
1st - 2013 Angler of the Year- All time high score
1st - 2016 Angler of the Year
1st - 2016 CCKF AOTY - All time high score

VK

The winds were very bad at one point I thought we might have a  tornado .. Smoldering debris.and embers were everywhere my neighbor two houses down pulled a ember off his roof that was better than a foot long I had smoking paper landing in my tree and in one of my gutters

Having worked at Sonoma Road Dept 20+ years watching trees in high winds smack power lines and start burning or sparks off  touching lines  start grass fires  the wind theory seems legit

But you never know

anything