Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:17:52 PM]

[Today at 12:54:54 PM]

[Today at 10:51:53 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: MBK Monterey Bay Kayaks Derby 8/8/10  (Read 15873 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Where does it say on their site that the first prize changes if 40 people don't sign up.  If they pull the kayak prize, can I get a refund?   :smt011

-Allen

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Good question Allen?

BigGabe

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
MontanaN8V and I are also coming. That's two more. It's unfortunate that it's the weekend after Albion. I'm sure the turnout would have been better if there was a little more time in between the two. I heard more than one person say they couldn't afford to go to two back to back.

I have faith we'll get enough in the end. I think it would only be fair to have the prizes advertised or to give a partial refund. It still costs to put something like this on. The bbq etc. I hear that the people at MBK have been good to us in the past. I'm sure they will be again. :smt001
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
MontanaN8V and I are also coming. That's two more.
  Awesome!  Be cool to see you guys again, so soon  :smt044
It's unfortunate that it's the weekend after Albion. I'm sure the turnout would have been better if there was a little more time in between the two. I heard more than one person say they couldn't afford to go to two back to back.
Try three in a row!  :smt005  (I know, I really have no life  :smt002 )

I have faith we'll get enough in the end. I think it would only be fair to have the prizes advertised or to give a partial refund. It still costs to put something like this on. The bbq etc. I hear that the people at MBK have been good to us in the past. I'm sure they will be again. :smt001
Amen brother!  Allen too!  Its a really fun event, day trip for most, and not that far away for most people!

Hey, just tossing this out there.  How many people do you think would show up if Andy and his fryer made and appearnce?   :smt003  I got a cooler full of beer for you Andy!  :smt006 
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

BigGabe

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
We may just come down for the day, but we'll see. I'd stick around for some of that camp crack (deep fried cheesecake)  :smt044 and a beer. That might even make my wife jealous because she can't make it.

I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces there. I'm glad you'll be there.

Three in a row is a bit much for most.  :smt009
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
This event is put on for a very worth while cause and I strongly encourage any Monterey Bay Salmon Kayaker to come to this event and join the fun. This event is held each year on the Monterey beach and is a great place for the family to hang while you fish. The after party is a great place to see old friends and meet new ones as well as tell fish stories. You might even have a new story of victory when it's all done
PLEASE SUPORT THIS EFFORT

See Ya There,
Eric / Yakhopper

P.S.
Sorry about the 3rd event, the schedule for Beardsley was set before I knew the dates of the others.
GOOD NEWS is the 3rd event is FREE to enter and the prizes will be plentiful.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:41:26 PM by yakhopper »
Hobie Outback (dune)

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Where does it say on their site that the first prize changes if 40 people don't sign up.  If they pull the kayak prize, can I get a refund?   :smt011

-Allen

You are correct Allen..... MBK and I were discussing alternatives last week when there were only a couple signups.  An alternate first prize was one of the  options we looked at (as well as cancelling or postponing the event), but we agreed that if the yak as 1st prize was pulled, it would not be fair to anyone (everyone) who has already signed up with that expectation.  Happily this week's rally was more than sufficient to demonstrate the continued interest in holding this event.

We are a GO, no matter how many more do or don't sign up at this point.....T 13 is the grand prize whether we reach 40 participants or not.

I'm excited to see everyone again this Sunday, and looking forward to getting some fishing in myself prior to weigh in.  Hopefully we'll see some big fish  this year at the weigh in.  I think I will be fishing for halibut right out front...............or maybe inside the kelp line towards the Hotel.

Weighmaster Allen

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Wish I could make this event, especially to support the Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Project because they are the reason I raise steelhead in my classroom, but unfortunately I'll be in Santa Cruz wreaking havoc on my body playing soccer.

Hasn't this event happened later in the month in years past?

dpshim

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
Allen, thank you sir for the update on the tourney. Another big thank you to MBK and all the volunteers/participants for making this happen!! :D

That's great that the grand prize will still be offered if the 40 goal isn't met. It may give me a better probability with less people, but that isn't going to help me at all unless I was the only participant :P Anyways, happy to see more registering and hope to see many more!! :D

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

-Allen

You are correct Allen..... MBK and I were discussing alternatives last week when there were only a couple signups.  An alternate first prize was one of the  options we looked at (as well as cancelling or postponing the event), but we agreed that if the yak as 1st prize was pulled, it would not be fair to anyone (everyone) who has already signed up with that expectation.  Happily this week's rally was more than sufficient to demonstrate the continued interest in holding this event.

We are a GO, no matter how many more do or don't sign up at this point.....T 13 is the grand prize whether we reach 40 participants or not.

I'm excited to see everyone again this Sunday, and looking forward to getting some fishing in myself prior to weigh in.  Hopefully we'll see some big fish  this year at the weigh in.  I think I will be fishing for halibut right out front...............or maybe inside the kelp line towards the Hotel.

Weighmaster Allen

OK guys, MBK and scallen are doing this right.  Now sign up ... and let the smack talking commence.

-Allen

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Nice, thanks for the update Allen! Cant wait!

Bushy

• Administrator
  • First, you do everything right.Then, you get lucky
  • View Profile http://theletsgofishingradioshow.com
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005

OK guys, MBK and scallen are doing this right.  Now sign up ... and let the smack talking commence.

-Allen

thanks Allen!   

also, Dilbeck, we did have it later in the month in previous years, but sadly, I have to be in Alaska guiding with Howard McKim at the end of the month (poor me!).

I'll have a week in Ketchikan, then a week at Foggy Bay with Howie and TallPaul and a few others.  Still room on that 2d trip if someone wants to jump........

Allen

SANTA CRUZ KAYAK FISHING Guide Service  2004
NCKA
NWKA
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Monterey Herald
Western Outdoor News

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
sadly, I have to be in Alaska guiding with Howard McKim at the end of the month (poor me!).

sounds dreadful Allen.   :smt005

I'm more likely than not for MBK tourney.  Will know tomorrow

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
and let the smack talking commence.
1st Place fish:
2007 = halibut
2008 = rockfish
2009 = lingcod

What's gonna win it this year? A salmon or WSB w/b epic. Or a fat striper.
I am going to catch a 38" halibut (yes I have been to the future). Hopefully that's big enough to win! I'm tired of being the bridesmaid!

Also, if anybody wants to donate their catch to the Carmel River Steelhead Association's annual fundraiser BBQ, see me after the weigh-in! Thanks!!!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
im gonna get a 38.25" leopard shark Pat... :) :)

anything