Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 02:58:59 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Networking in NCKA / What do you do for a living? / post here  (Read 160159 times)

obkook

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
I run the Asia Pacific operations for a small software company (storage virtualization software). Been with them from startup phase 10 years ago!

By night I take calls from the various territory heads from Japan to Australia while puttering with fishing and kayak gear in the garage - usually with a Racer5 in hand, and Jimi Hendrix in the background.

First baby on the way with my Japanese wife of 18 years. (Funny, in my head I'm still in my late 20's but the mirror keeps showing a 42 year old man...)
Just a walleye fisherman from MN tryin' ta get salty!

ethan

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Fee-Only CFP (Certified Financial Planner) for a wealth management firm (Wade Financial Advisory) in Campbell, CA.  Fee-Only means no commissioned salesman selling product.  Father & husband at night and dreaming of being fulltime fisherman!!

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Still with the same local company in Santa Cruz, February will start my 11th year. Accounts payable and billing supervisor, customer service/order processing by day....

....by night freelance artist specializing in Pacific Northwest Native design inspired "coffin lid" plank art, as well as dabbling in jewelry, necklaces, and handmade smoking accessories. pisceanartworks@hotmail.com

pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
 :smt006

Once again, Field Service Engineer, (After 8 mo of unemployment) working in Intel fab up in Portland Oregon. 

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Dam, you guys are some Real G's.....

What a great thread, and maybe somebody who needs a job can get hooked up!!

I work in the graphic/clothing industry, mostly stuff for the younger crowd into the action sports scene, were a Motocross company (Fox Racing) at heart, but we also back surfers, BMX, Wake, MTB. I am the Men's Accessories designer (Hats, Backpacks, Beanies, Belts, Wallets, Towels and so on, young stuff......)

I’ve been with Fox Racing for 9 years now. Fun place. On the side I do some screen printing out of my small art studio behind my home!

http://www.foxhead.com/us

Feel free to contact me if you need any industry insight or potential job connection., id be happy to help if possible...

jaywo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Sell hardware for spine surgery. You don't want to need what I got to sell.

CaptainKayak

• Do you consider lingcod a filthy animal?
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Systems Analyst specializing in the Health Care Industry. I travel quite a bit in my line of work but no matter where I am I always find time to cruise the NCKA site.
I wouldn't go so far as to call a lingcod filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a lingcod's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Ex-Technical Support Engineer at Kla-Tencor for 9 years.  Currently looking for employment opportunities while kayak fishing on weekends (and sometimes weekdays too)  :smt003 Below is my professional profile on LinkedIn.  Would appreciated any lead to job opening in the bay area or anywhere in the U.S.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sonnytnguyen
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

ocean_314

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Was an owner of a small food business, wife is a very talented epidemiologist. She got tired of me being gone all the time and working 60 hours or more a week, and being housewife.  She got a contract job doing mortality research for a big lab in 2000. In 2001 the contract was for full time long term. She demanded I sell the business and be house daddy so she could work full time.

Her business has blossomed not only does she do cutting edge research but she is also a top expert witness in the legal world, in areas of life expediency and insurance contract misrepresentation.
And even better she works from home.

So I get to help her with her research and be house daddy, fish and dive. Once my two boys get out of college I might have some extra spending money!!!

Backcountry

• Veni, vidi, cecidi
  • Salmon
  • I love animals, they're delicious!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2007
Self employed engineering geologist.  I provide sub-surface geophysical testing to geotechnical & environmental engineering firms (for foundation design, etc...).
NSDQ

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
  Impressive bunch of individuals and families here, together we could actually accomplish a lot!

Amen to that....perhaps building an NCKA Club house that's water front and the salmon swim by everyday (followed by the rockfish, stripers, halibut, some pelagics every now and then....and even a few crappie once in a while :smt002).....oh...and no MLPA's within a hundred lifetimes :smt002

Grumpy

• Doug
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
LMU Dave,

I think I might be a firefighter.  I fish more days than I work, I watch too much TV, I spend too much time on NCKA, I love ice cream and I get paid when I’m sleeping.  Since I don’t go grocery shopping in a fire engine, Maybe I'm not be a fire fighter.   Actually I’m a retired cop who spent enough time at the fire stations to be glad that both of my son’s are firefighters.

Thanks for all that you guys (and gals) do for us.

Grumpy
Doug

fishdit

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Tech guy... employed by Williams-Sonoma

Networking (routing, switching, firewalls), Systems (Unix- all flavors, Windows), Scripting (Perl, HTML, Java, CGI)

My favorite thing to do is network, systems, applications, fault/performance monitoring and automations (HP Openview, Sitescope, Groundwork, Nagios, Nimsoft, and any opensource tool)

I play around with anything to do with web sites as well (Vbulliten, PHP, HTML, Photoshop)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:37:13 PM by fishdit »
Do your best; and forget the rest! -Tony Horton

kw2

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Materials Manager - take care of things like Scheduling, Purchasing, and Logistics.  Worked in the food industry 10+ years, now doing it for a wine label printer.  It really gets in the way of fishing.

stoggie

• Salmon
  • Team Mooch Patrol
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2008
Brilliant!!!

I am an unemployed Civil Engineering Designer / Project Manager. Experience is design and construction management for Residential and Connercial design with special emphasis on Road, and underground utility design.

I am interested in continuing my Civil Design work, so if anybody needs CAD work, I wave the full suite of AutoCad Land Development Desktop at home. I have experience with all AutoCad products through AutoCad Civil Design 3D 2009.

Currently working on projects at home and starting an Indoor Air Quality business. Pease visit at www.Eco-Cleanse.net.
If anyone suffers from Asthma, or allergies, or are concerned with using toxic chemicals at home, I would be happy to explain our products and benefits. In most cases I can treat a home for less than a carpet cleaning.

Best of Luck!

Stoggie

anything