Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Leaders  (Read 1875 times)

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Each has its place, IMO. I put the noodle in my orange box behind the seat, I go in there frequently.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how either of those work very well with treble hooks. I put each in its own individual ziplock bag, and keep a bunch of them inside the middle hatch on my hobie. Only the ones that get used need to be washed.
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

VK

Each has its place, IMO. I put the noodle in my orange box behind the seat, I go in there frequently.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how either of those work very well with treble hooks. I put each in its own individual ziplock bag, and keep a bunch of them inside the middle hatch on my hobie. Only the ones that get used need to be washed.

FWIW , I would guess that depends on the size of the treble , I have the smaller Pips w/pre-tied trebles for dough baits  for trout but could easily use the larger size Pips for a larger treble . The examples below might give a better idea , although the larger Pips is tied with single 2/0 hooks they could easily be a larger treble .Of course the  type of rig preferred might be different for different anglers and require different storage  ...food for thought     

Widgeon

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2017
Does each pips box hold one leader, or several? It seems like they could get all tangled up with so many wound up inside such a small space. Is there something I'm missing?
3rd--- 2017 Albion Open

VK

Does each pips box hold one leader, or several? It seems like they could get all tangled up with so many wound up inside such a small space. Is there something I'm missing?

several as in the pics I posted ,  haven`t had a tangle yet but I`m sure it could happen

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=how+pip+leader+box+works&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001#id=1&vid=9d23823b7db6b7912fe74b4232503e22&action=view

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
1000x better than storing leaders in zip locks.
One container to hold specific sized leaders. Never had a tangle in 20+ years I have used them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:27:21 PM by CptSloppywood »

Widgeon

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2017
Ok now that I take a second look at those pics I get it....there's cork material on the bottom to hook hooks into. Makes a lot more sense now...
3rd--- 2017 Albion Open

AKfisher

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016
Found the Large Pip's box at Sportsman's Warehouse for $2.19. Maybe a pricing error? They list for $10.99. Ordered 6 and got them within a few days. Even with shipping that's less than $4 each---

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Macks-Lure-Pips-Leader-Caddy/productDetail/Leaders-and-Accessories/prod9999007403/cat101137

Matt

crazyfisher

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Found the Large Pip's box at Sportsman's Warehouse for $2.19. Maybe a pricing error? They list for $10.99. Ordered 6 and got them within a few days. Even with shipping that's less than $4 each---

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Macks-Lure-Pips-Leader-Caddy/productDetail/Leaders-and-Accessories/prod9999007403/cat101137

Matt

sweet...thanks for point it out. I just placed an order for 4 :) It went through and picking it up in-store when it arrives. Cross fingers they don't change it haha

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Good find. I just order some extras.
Steelheaders essentials.

AKfisher

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2016
In store pickup sounds great! I am a bit away from a store so I had them shipped.  Let us know if that price holds!

Matt

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
  • View Profile Knowledge is Power.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
I just wrap around my hand like I would an extension cord around my arm and store in sandwich zip lock bags. I can fit 5 or 6 in my pfd pocket for easy access
Joe Mag. Green/black WS Radar 135.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
I just wrap around my hand like I would an extension cord around my arm and store in sandwich zip lock bags. I can fit 5 or 6 in my pfd pocket for easy access

+1
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a