Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Elk Tourney a Huge Success!!!  (Read 11442 times)

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Quote from: scwafish
Yet he managed to remember his squirt gun  :smt075

Well I challenged him to a duel so he knew he had to be ready, then we decided it was more fun to squirt Joel  :smt044

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Go figure, the guy from texas challeges someone to a duel.

And everyone thought Lodi people were bad!

-Brian G

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile GulfStream Outdoors
Here is a pic I took of the launch from about 3/4 of the way up the hill.

Don't make me mad Lodi boy!  :smt063 YEEHAW!!!

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Fred, Sean and Chuck.

Tony and Eric with fine stringers from a Friday PM launch

Camp Lonny the Lingcod slayer.....

Travis with an 8 pound red!!! NICE WORK!!!

Pat staying warm!!!

The Bodega Bay crew....

One of the 5 greenlings I caught (and released)

My stringer: 8 pound ling - 5 pound black, a red and another black....

Jellyfish / Chris with his stringer - the smile says it all!!!

Freddie

• Sea Lion
  • Shhhh... I'm sleeping.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Big props to Sean and everybody involved with getting this event together. I had a blast. I have about 362 days to get in better shape for the next go. Thanks to all you fellow yakkers. I've made some great new friends and it's always good to be able to finally put faces to names. I'm totally looking forward to fishing with you guys again. Hopefully, sooner than later. This event was great. Next time, I won't take so long to get the abs and be able to eat dinner with you all. We'll also be able to enjoy some abs too.

Skyboy, that pig was tasty. It was great hanging out with you and Jennifer. I had fun watching you chase Jace around. All I kept thinking was, better you than me. I was pretty torn up.

See you guys on the water,

Freddie

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
There were some beautiful handmade items from Chef and Lonny that got a lot of attention, and both went home with chris (cpyak).

so chris is the one who went home with the gaff, right on i hope it will serve you well. what did lonny make and is there any pic's.

it looks like everyone had a great time i wish i could of been there.next year.  chefstefano  oh ya how was the cervice contest?????
live life to the fullest!!!!

bsteves

• Fish Nerd; AOTY Architect
  • Sea Lion
  • Better Fishing through Science!
  • View Profile Northwest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
Evidently Jenna of the "bodega bay crew" was the only one other than you Chef that read that bit about the ceviche contest and take it seriously.  Jenna, after catching a rockfish limit as well as keeping 2 of her 5 ling cod  (including a nice 12 lber) during the tourney went back to camp and made 4 different ceviches (standard pico de gallo style ceviche, a roasted tomatillo and avocado ceviche, a mango ceviche, and a tahitian "poisson cru" inspired ceviche).

Given that no one else made any entries, I'm going to take it upon myself to declare her the winner having placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention.

If anyone wants to chime in on which ceviche they like the best I'm sure Jenna would appreciate the feedback.

Brian
Elk I Champ
BAM II Champ

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
If anyone wants to chime in on which ceviche they like the best I'm sure Jenna would appreciate the feedback.
 Brian, please tell Jenna I loved them all, but mango ceviche is always a favorite for me. It was ceviche heaven!

BTW, the moving lingcod tail in your avatar is the coolest :smt023
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I didn't see any ceviche floating around. Where was I? I won't miss it next year.

-Brian

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
Three big bowls of ceviche made it to the buffet table a little late (next to the turkey and beef).  Good thing too, otherwise I would have ate them all. :smt106

I just made my 2nd batch of lingcod ceviche this morning.  It's chillin' in the fridge.  I experimented and made my 1st batch last night.  It got scarfed up in half-n-hour.  It was too good.  You're welcome to stop by if you want to try some, but you better hurry... it won't last long either.  :smt003
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

mendohead

• Sea Lion
  • 27.3 Lb 39" Santa Cruz, Ca. Butt on "Old Blue"
  • View Profile
Hi Yakers:

Stuart and I arrived late and had to leave early but, I had a most
wonderfull time.
              The top of the Trail  view overlooking the Beach is a Natiional Geo. moment. The View and portage is lititary breathtaking.
              I helped Stu walk this Yak down the trail using a cart with hard wheels. The hard rubber tires worked OK going done there hard pack trip except on berms amd sand. Sean felt sorry for me and let me use this custom cart with flotation tires. Seans' cart allowed me to port a Malibu 2 by myself! I really want one of Sean's carts for .xmas.
              The beach launch was a little tricky with about a 2-3 Ft. Shore break straight out from the trail. The South end of the Beach has a gentler
slope and, a better place to enter and exit.
              I  hooked up on some nice action off the windward side  Cuffies cove.. Lots of boilers and surge kept me on my toes. I use "Buzz Booms" 4" Perch Mod. which produced doz. of 12" Blues (released) 3 Short but never the less fun,  Lingcod, 1 24" Blue and a 24" Vermillon.
              I got a little sideways on the shore break and did a tuck and roll
exit. I only lost a pair of cheep sunglasses on this trip!
               I still had the gas to make it back up the hill to help with making of the Sushi and dish duty. javascript:emoticon(':smt006')
javascript:emoticon(':smt006')
FW 2009 RF Derby King Davenport, Ca.

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Many many thanks to EVERYBODY who made this derby happen! Scwafish Sean- thanks for building the HEATED outdoor showers....Lonny & Carmen - thank you for saying the special prayer for everyone's safety on derby day...that was really cool of you guys....thank you also for feeding the mooch....thanks also to Pat and Randy for sharing dinner as well - love the hot links - good stuff!! Thanks also to the clean-up crew when all was said and done......Chris / cpyak - thanks for driving and destroying my eardrums with your heavy metal music......congrats to Brian, lonny and the rest of the "catchers".....Travis....you impressed me with your "hardcore" fishing....you fished 4 days in a row...and to top it off - you rolled your kayak up and down that hill every time!!! Erik K.....your wife did a great job selling the raffle tickets.....no matter how hard I tried to discourage her......Joe / Skyboy.....your wife scares me....I will never get in her way again......I also enjoyed the wild bore...I want more!! Brian G....enjoy the new fishing rod your wonderful girlfriend won for you......and to all the newbies = welcome to the family!!! looking forward to the next tourney!!!

Kevin

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I had a great time this past weekend.  Every aspect of this weekend was well thought out and planned from the tourny, camping, facility, and food.  The kayak movies were a great idea and added to the atmosphere.  Great job and thanks.  I can't wait for the Lake Mendo trip!

SBD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Glad everyone enjoyed it.  Its time for me to starting scouting the lake, and getting ready for the Mendo tourney.

Seabreeze

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
Cool.  Randy is selecting rigs for that weekend already!......... :smt016
Pat
Saltwater is the cure for everything that ails us,
sweat, tear or the sea.

anything