Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: **2015 PIF Paddle/Raffle Recipient**  (Read 2022 times)

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I am honored to announce that the recipient of the $$ from this year's PIF Paddle/Raffle will be NCKA member Rob102's father Jack Forney who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

You can read Rob's words for yourself about his Dad's condition:

My dad wasn't feeling well for about a month. My mom got him to the ER one night, where they ran a cat scan. They knew right away what it was, but we were waiting for three or four days holding onto hope that the doctors were wrong. The test results confirmed that they were right.

The diagnosis is stage four colon cancer and it has spread to his liver.  It's inoperable, incurable and was completely preventable. He was given his first round of chemotherapy today. Now we wait and see if the cancer responds.  The prognosis is everything from remission to not responding to chemo. That's the bad news.

The good news is that dad is still alive and he wants to fight it. He has a lot of friends and family coming by to see him, and he's in good spirits, but he has a hard and uncertain road ahead of him.

On behalf of myself and my family, I would like to express our heartfelt thanks for your thoughts, prayers and donations.

Many of you may not know Rob because he is pretty quiet and not always posting pics and reports, but those who have met him know what a great, honest, humble guy he is.

Rob has been an NCKA member since 2012, and has attended Albion with his wife and harvested and donated a ton of uni to the good folks of the Jedmo nation.

He volunteered to serve on the DOTY committee for a year and put up with me and my non-stop nagging.  :smt002

He volunteered to help fuzz and his team scout for the National Spearfishing championships that they won.

In short, he is one of us...and we are honored to have the ability to be able to dedicate this years PIF paddle and raffle to his father.

If you don't know already....the choosing of who to give PIF $ to is something that all of us A-Hulls take very seriously...we have guidelines we use to guide our decision making process, and we also use our hearts as well...

Here are the guidelines that we take into consideration:

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=64354.0

Our hearts and minds told us that giving the proceeds from this years PIF paddle/raffle to Rob's Dad Jack was the right thing to do, and we hope that the NCKA community agrees with us and supports us.

:smt008

Rob's Dad is too sick to make the trip to Monterey, but barring an emergency Rob and his wife Brenda will be at PIF with us on 7/18.

If anybody has any questions about our choice of recipient please feel free to post here and/or PM me or any of the other A-Hulls (Cen Coast, Fish Master 1, AlshobieOutback, SaintOfCircumstance, dpshim, bloodbath, Rockhopper, sctrace).

Here is a pic of Jack pounding out some abalone, and of Rob on a recent trip.

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:04:20 PM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

beerhunter

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Rob thoughts and prayers for you and the family. You gonna have to prep pops up and get him ready for all the love coming his way from his new extended family see you all soon.... :smt006

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:57:54 AM by beerhunter »

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Well wishes Rob to you and your Family and Especially your Dad that will be fighting the Good fight !!!! Hearts and Prayers from the Sigala Family to Yours.

Alex
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

rob102

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I'm truly humbled by this, as are my Dad and Mom. The outpouring of prayers, and support from everybody is almost unbelievable. Thank you all so much for honoring my Dad.

May God Bless you all.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I'll keep your Dad and family in my prayers Rob.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Fish Flogger

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to you Joe, Rob and the entire Forney family in this very difficult time.

A HUGE thank you to the A-Hulls for finding a very deserving recipient for this years PIF raffle.

I'm so proud of this group coming together to support our community. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting Rob at the event next Saturday.

Lets dig deep and make this the best PIF event yet!!

-FF
-FF

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
My thoughts and prayers go out to you Joe, Rob and the entire Forney family in this very difficult time.

A HUGE thank you to the A-Hulls for finding a very deserving recipient for this years PIF raffle.

I'm so proud of this group coming together to support our community. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting Rob at the event next Saturday.

-FF

Thanks Deva!

I don't know who Joe is, but Rob's Dad's name is Jack....I think beerhunter was drunk and typed Joe instead of Jack?

:smt005 :smt044

Sincerely,

Jim
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:21:53 AM by BigJim »

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010

-FF

Thanks Deva!

I don't know who Joe is, but Rob's Dad's name is Jack....I think beerhunter was drink and typed Joe instead of Jack?

Sincerely,

Jim
Me thinks Jim was drink & not drunk  :smt002 :smt003 :smt005

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
Best wishes to your father.  Hopes & prayers for recovery.  Cancer SUCKS!

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006

-FF

Thanks Deva!

I don't know who Joe is, but Rob's Dad's name is Jack....I think beerhunter was drunk and typed Joe instead of Jack?

Sincerely,

Jim

Ya, on a lighter note. I didn't want to call him out on it. Joe ? :smt002 Its usually me not following the post correctly.  :smt003
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:10:08 AM by Bulldog---Alex »
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
This is exciting news. The reason we're rallying together is an unfortunate one; nobody wants to deal with colon cancer. But the spirit of NCKA will hopefully have a positive impact. When hundreds of like-minded people send good vibes, the feeling is palpable. It feels good to know you can make a difference in someone's life. And colon cancer is no joke. God bless Kenny Stabler--he was suffering from the same disease. Get yourself checked. Early diagnosis is key.
See ya'll next weekend!   
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
This is exciting news. The reason we're rallying together is an unfortunate one; nobody wants to deal with colon cancer. But the spirit of NCKA will hopefully have a positive impact. When hundreds of like-minded people send good vibes, the feeling is palpable. It feels good to know you can make a difference in someone's life. And colon cancer is no joke. God bless Kenny Stabler--he was suffering from the same disease. Get yourself checked. Early diagnosis is key.
See ya'll next weekend!

Well said Pat!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

PablitoPescador

• Sea Lion
  • Sorry ladies, I'm married to the sea
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Good stuff fellas! I'm more confused on names now than I've ever been :smt005 Sending good vibes to Jack! F*ck cancer :smt011

Fish Flogger

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007

Thanks Deva!

Sincerely,

Jim

Woops typo. I was thinking about Joe Flores as I was typing and well duh... Even though my fingers were in the wrong place my heart is in the right. Lets all do our best to raise a fat stack of cash for Jack  :smt001

-FF
-FF