Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: ...moved back to Half Moon Bay  (Read 4731 times)

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
  Hey Joel, I ran into a couple of sup's I was telling you about while surfing at PP saturday. I asked the one I know if he was down at Kelly Ave. that day you guys were camping there. He didn't remember a bunch a kooks perch fishing, or a sponger (fishhunter). You said there was a sup ripping it up and I've been wondering if that was him or not. I think it was him. You posted a picture or two of him, and I thought it looked like him. His board is orange and yellow and striped.
  His name is Mark and he lives next door to Mike, who was the harbor patrol guy on dury at the derby two summers ago. I think they live close to the harbor. How close are you? You been hanging at the Ketch? You put in with your sup at surfer's beach yet? Dja see that picture of Jeff Clark there on his in the local paper?
  I pm'd Chukie about the derbie this summer, but he didn't get back to me yet. I told him I saw Doug (from hmbkc) on the water and in El Gran Amigo, and they want to give away a boat. I told him since that's the case, and the fact that you moved there, maybe it will happen this year. Come and paddle with us some saturday with an sot or sup.

I live just across the Harbor - very close to the famous "Cafe Gibraltar". I'll be doing a garage sale with my land lord in a few weeks, after that, I'll be out playing in the water. See you out there!
By the way, I have Sunday and Mondays off.

I hear OPL (Old Princeton Harbor) is da place to hang out and chill with the locals.

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Congrats bruddah! HMB's such an awesome place. I spent a lot of time on Kehoe Ave. at my dad's and really miss that place. You're a lucky man.

Z

Yup, I always had a thing for HMB  :smt007 I've been riding my mountain bike along the coastline and LOVING IT  (from Princeton Harbor to the Ritz Hotel). Just can't beat the scenery! I really dig the small town mentallity...everyone know's everyone around here.

Just recently had a blast going out to the annual Car & Airplane show....rode my m-bike just to avoid the car traffic - I'll post some pics soon. Even the Hell's Angels showed up in force......of course, the cops were close by  :smt002

libertyforall

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Yeah! Thanking you in advance for all the HMB fishing reports you will be making.

Any chance of you with a yak out doing those Mavericks boys? :smt001

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Yeah! Thanking you in advance for all the HMB fishing reports you will be making.

Any chance of you with a yak out doing those Mavericks boys? :smt001

HMB is not the best fishing spot coz it get's hammered - ANY location close to a public boat launch usually get's pressured. I'll still fish the area, since I can cart my yak to the harbor easily :smt002

MR. MAGOO

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
  Hey Moochie--When's the garage sale? We'll come over and see you then.
  Some of the people I surf with do it on sundays alot too. I don't much, but next time I do I'll let you know.
  Mark surfed with us again last saturday, and I asked him if he remembered a dog grabbing his leash that day. It was him when you guy's were at Kelly Ave. He said the dog actually got on his board.
  Are you taking a saturday off for the sale?

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
ConGrats Mooch!!!

That's Awesome....

On that Bike ride...

It starts at the harbor....  do you have to do any hwy 1 riding or is it mostly bike path???

Thanks,

One of my favorite rides is Perisma Creek,...  Straight Up and Straight down...

Use to call it " The Terrarium Ride ",,  it's so lush at the bottom....
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

DaveW

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Congrats on the move.  That's a great little town.  For fishing, when I lived in SF, I used to launch at Montara at the Fitzgerald Marine preserve.  If you can still fish there, it is a great spot.  That's just up the road from you.

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Hey Moochie--When's the garage sale?

most likely next Sunday - April 9

MR. MAGOO

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
  Joel,
  Sundays the 10th, and it's mothers day. I don't know if that's good or bad for a yard sale.

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
Mooch! keep your nose to the breeze there should be salmon going through there in the next couple of months         
I can smell them from here

let me know if you want to do an offshore we'll hit the shipping lanes

be worth going out just to see them terrorizing the bait

Amen brother! My commi roomate broke his leg and has not been on the water (to do some scouting reports for me)  :smt011 Anyway, let me know when.

anything