Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hobie Adventure part 2.  (Read 3984 times)

• View Profile http://www.paddleandflies.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hobie Adventure Part two.
The rudder problems that I was having happened were because the bolt that holds the rudder drum together was too tight not too loose. I loosen the bolt, now the rudder lifts out of the water just fine.
I’ve put enough time in on the water in the Adventure to where I‘m comfortable paddling or pedaling it. You can move at a pretty good clip when your pedaling, however you will get weird looks. The steering lever is located only inches from your left hand. The lifting lever is just a little behind you on the right side within easy reach. I have to agree with Pal in that you do have to experience the Adventure to really know what it’s like. The most accurate description I can give you is it’s like using an electric motor. With practice you’ll definitely have an almost hand free situation.  The Adventure has past the big test for me; I can fly fish from it.
I’ve yet to hook anything over a pound. Hey Tote you can stand in the Adventure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 07:36:31 AM by Paddle and flies »
Why Do I paddle a kayak instead of a float tube or a pontoon boat? I like seeing where I'm going not where I've been!
Paddle safe and wrap'em tight.
Rickey Noel Mitchell http://www.paddleandflies.com

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I was wondering if the fins in the water might give you a lot more secondary stability making it harder to tip over. On the other hand I am sure once you reach a certain point it would also be harder to make a recovery too. :smt003
I bet the dagger board would also give you extra stablilty.
I was looking at all the extras that you can buy with the adventure. Sure adds up to a lot of Cha Ching!
I still have to fine a free weekend where I can test one out.
How dry is the ride?
How sore were your legs after the 1st time peddling?
I know driving from Fresno is a HAUL so when you decide to head up this way DEFINITELY give me a heads up.
Tote
<=>

• View Profile http://www.paddleandflies.com
Q:I was wondering if the fins in the water might give you a lot more secondary stability making it harder to tip over. On the other hand I am sure once you reach a certain point it would also be harder to make a recovery too.
I bet the dagger board would also give you extra stablilty.

A;I did flip the adventure over ( I hope Keth from CCK isn't reading this) Before I climbed up on the bottom  like you would in a nomal SOT rescue, I reached under and grabed one of the pedal arms and pushed it towards the seat causing the fins to lay against the bottom of the hull. I was then able to right it; the arms gave very little resistance.
Q:I was looking at all the extras that you can buy with the adventure. Sure adds up to a lot of Cha Ching!
I still have to fine a free weekend where I can test one out.
How dry is the ride?
A: I would suggest thr paddler version at $1690 although you do get a lot for $1895.
The Adventure is actually  apretty dry ride at least I haven't had any discomfort .
Q:How sore were your legs after the 1st time peddling?
A: I do at least a half hour every other morning on a stationary bike, which is what the Adventure is likemore than a regular bike, so my legs were fine.
I know driving from Fresno is a HAUL so when you decide to head up this way DEFINITELY give me a heads up.
Tot
Why Do I paddle a kayak instead of a float tube or a pontoon boat? I like seeing where I'm going not where I've been!
Paddle safe and wrap'em tight.
Rickey Noel Mitchell http://www.paddleandflies.com

dwwestesq

I am supposed to get my new Adventure on Friday.  By Sunday I should have at least a newbie's perspective to post.

dwwestesq

New boat in the garage.  I am beat after a tough week but drove the hour to Scaramento and the hour back to have my first kayak for the weekend.  Adventure Sports in Sacramento treated me right.  Said Hobie saw one of my emails and flew Tim in to be sure dealer given latest info; someone else came in after seeing one of my emails and bought an Adventure.  Don't know what to think about all that.  Hobie an impressive company. Hope to be on the water tomorrow, but Sunday more likely.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
New boat in the garage.  I am beat after a tough week but drove the hour to Scaramento and the hour back to have my first kayak for the weekend.  Adventure Sports in Sacramento treated me right.  Said Hobie saw one of my emails and flew Tim in to be sure dealer given latest info; someone else came in after seeing one of my emails and bought an Adventure.  Don't know what to think about all that.  Hobie an impressive company. Hope to be on the water tomorrow, but Sunday more likely.
I just talk to Tim Krane, our Hobie rep, and he's planning to be at our Oyster Pt. Derby.  Let's thank him for his support and give him a warm welcome! :worship
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby