Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:47:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hello!~ A new member! (Long intro)  (Read 3824 times)

Blue Jeans

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Welcome aboard. I was once a young kid when I started in the sport in 99'. You'll meet a lot of great friends here and age won't stop you from being friends with them.

-Brian G

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
welcome aboard mate! :smt001

Scout

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Wow guys, i cant believe that every post made me smile, no joke. I knew this was home!!! You guys are so kind, it makes me stop and think what else i could do to help some one else out, because god knows you guys have already helped enough and you didn't even know it! I wasn't sure if my post would just disappear or what, but after working a hard day at our rental house i can definitely say i was itching to log on and see what the outcome of my post would be! I cant even respond to every single post because i would go on and on!

Definitely stoked to have signed up, cant wait to go to a event and meet you guys in real life. Thanks for the comments guys. The girlfriend actually wants to get into it as well now that i sat her down and explained how awesome you guys are and how sweet the sound of a drag singing is. It definitely beats cleaning a boat, i used to deckhand my fathers friends boat when we went out all the time and cleaning is a pain in the butt.  As far as the tarpon goes, i tested it at shadow cliffs with full safety gear, and plan on buying even more safety gear as well as new fishing gear  :smt003 It is indeed the only thing that truly relieves stress for me, my sisters don't get how i can have anxiety and go out in a "tiny plastic boat" according to them and not freak. I have been around the water all my life and it's always been stress free for me and the only time i feel completely free.

Also as far as fishing wise goes i fish everything, lakes, rivers, delta, ocean, bay. For pretty much anything, i even have fun just shooting the breeze and catching some sharks and bat rays while soaking up that good vitamin D! I just need to fish the bay and ocean via kayak and i'll be put through it all, in good time...with company (you guys!). I play it safe and do it the way that you guys recommend, safety gear, groups, know self rescue ect. Again thanks for all the comments. I need to get out there again ASAP and i think my first kayak fish is a coming! My dad is on a job near Bethany Reservoir in Byron and i nail the stripers there from shore, so from a boat they're done for! C&R for good karma!

PS while first renting the otter sit in side kayaks (trying kayaking in general first time) from lake chabot i paddled that sucker to the back near the dam and i believe it's bass cove? I paddled over at least 2 bass near the tules, and while gliding over a sunken tree saw a fat turtle, 1 LMB that looked about 5+lbs and 3 catfish all laying there in the gravel. Coming around the corner of the cover at the point there was another good grade LMB and a couple of little ones playing in the tules. Guess that's where the name came from haha. I didn't bring my rod that time because i figured id just cruise around. Well as far as the late shadow cliff report goes i paddled around the whole lake, far side where all the weeds are, spotted 1 LMB that wouldn't take my lure, he was following a huge group of minnows. If anyone fishes there the best spot that produced for others was in the middle straight out from the boat ramp which seemed to be the deepest spot. 1 guy got his limit, and the other got his + catching and releasing some more. I was after that bass that i stalked for a few hours then had to go back to my sisters apartment ; /.
Sorry for my long posts i like to get into detail and such. I'll try to make it short and sweet. Just so stoked!  :smt005
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Sorry for my long posts i like to get into detail and such.

no apologies......you are simply experiencing what everyone experiences here at NCKA = madness  :smt091 :smt096 :smt101 :smt120  :white

WELCOME  :smt045

Scout

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
 :smt006 Ah the great Mooch! Thanks brother! Madness indeed, i cant take my eyes away from here! I love it too much! I've neglected everything for the last like 3 hours! Appreciate all the positive welcoming. I kinda just jumped right in. At first i was scared then i realized that everyone here is super relaxed and cool about everything!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008
Welcome!  So true - the sport is a blast for everyone.  Make yourself at home  :smt003

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Welcome aboard Nic. I know the feeling exactly. I felt I knew everybody here
already even before I started participating in the hookups. It is so true how
great the NCKA folks are and I am so blessed to be a part of this wonderful
community. Just be yourself and have a great time fishing with your new found
family. I hope to see you on the water soon.

Take care,
Jedmo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:30:52 PM by jedmo »
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

HDRich

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
WTTM Nic!!!

It's nice to have young energy here!!! My daughter has a Tarpon 100. I've paddled the heck out of it, for some reason  she likes my P13 better...

As far as the OCD goes? Afer you spend some time on this site, you'll feel in GOOD company.. The jury is still out on whether our OCD's are the fishing or the posting on this site! :smt044 :smt044 :smt004 :smt012

Again Nic, welcome to the madness!!!!!

Rich

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
high anxiety and depression

Kayaking will definitely help with that and more.

Just don't join AOTY.

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Welcome to the board!!! There's a method to the madness...and good times for all... :smt003 :smt003 Hope to see u OTW

Mike... :smt004
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Scout

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Haha,you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the kind words and i hope to get out on the water with you guys SOON. The kayaking really does dump all the strain and stresses of life out. Thank god i finally found something that works!

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
 :smt004 welcome aboard

as far as OCD, LOL

OCD ADHD here, kayaking is great therapy, esp some place quiet with lots of life like the east delta or coves on CL  :)

Jim
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

anything