Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: PIF 2013 Report  (Read 8442 times)

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009

You gotta be kidding that Rob almost lost a 28 pound salmon to that little net and then showed up to fish with it again!   :smt005

foolish inland sweet water guy bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Almost Rob....next time!

.......but my knife usually wins. Not this time. Note to self, I need a longer gaff and learn how to use it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:12:59 PM by RacinRob »
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Once again I'm reminded of the extraordinary generosity and all around good nature of this group. So glad to be a part of it.
As he did with many others, Mooch was the first to welcome me to NCKA and offered to take me out on the water before I got a kayak.
It was great to see you out & about, Joel. 

Thanks again to everyone who donated time, prizes, money & effort to make this such a successful event.
Had a great time on the water and off. Thought I'd be lucky to scratch up a rockfish or two out of HMB but ended up with a 33" ling -- who'da thunk it?

Good times rafting up with Big Jim, Bloodbath & the crew. Halibut, Rob, halibut!  :smt004
Catch & Repeat

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Such a good time.  Paddled out both days, but didn't catch anything.  Rosylen was a little nervous so we headed back soon after paddling out, but it was her longest two paddles yet, and furthest from shore. 

So much good fun and food!!!  Whoever brought the pies, (apple and boysenberry?)- those were super tasty!

The pig!  And Glens leftover concoction was even yummier.

So amazing, the camaraderie.

Special props to Bunny for constantly cleaning up. 

We were among the last to leave, and I could only rustle up one handful of trash, (just a couple bottle caps and butts).  Amazing.

CappyMoMo.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
Anyone driving a yellow Toyota land cruiser and paddling a Malibu 2?  I went to work late saturday and saw this set up in the parking lot of the starbucks in king city.  I should of said high.  Had to be one of us.
www.plantfertility.com
Trident Ultra 4.7
Morgan Consulting LLC Agronomy Pro Staff
Hating the Seahawks and the Raiders cause they suck.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Thanks to all those who shared much love with Mooch.... It was SHOCKING to see him up, walking and eating. Much difference from three weeks ago!
Great to see FamilyNCKA in full force again!!   How many weeks until Albion?

Sarah~ that curry was *level 8* on the almost made me hyperventilate scale!
             ....and level 10 on the MmmmmmGood scale!  :smt003

Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Smiling from ear to ear hearing everyone had such a great time. How could you not?
Crying that I had to miss it. Grandson's 1st birthday which better have earned me MAJOR WAF points.
Thanks to everyone for making more memories that will last forever.
And thank you for posting all the fun.
<=>

bloodbath

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Mooch!!!NCKA!!!!!
Mooch was walking around in his element and this was awesome to see.
The love for life and helping others makes this group very special. I am honored to
be a part of this! Thank you everyone.

The boat walk is actually a procedure called "Rafting". Everyone coming together in time of distress
to keep all boats stable and everyone together. The walking part just shows that we are doing it right. They recommend the lightest person doing the walking part, so I volunteered. :smt003
Didn't make it too far because of the Hobie AI without a tramp?! Haha! Let's do it again, volunteers?
2011 Albion Open 1st place
2014 Lowrance Rockfish Classic 1st place
Kayaks are cool!

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
.... my bad for not having letting the tramp out. :smt005

~Bill

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Great times at the first PIF for me!
Joel, you are a strong brother, and you looked GOOD bro!
Had the fam with me but still had to sit down at the waterfront to get over the buzz hump that hit fast and hard!
Olivia had a great time at the water, and it was great to introduce the fam to so many of my favorite peeps.
Totally cool to meet a bunch of members that I've only seen online.
The event was flawless with lots of fun all around.
Can't believe that BigJim didn't just spear racinrob's hali while he was gettin go-pro footage, would've done everyone a favor, and wodda got him his devil fish! :smt044
Thanks for a great time!
AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Great pics and vids!!! It was a GREAT weekend with great people for an even greater cause! Mooch is still "the man"!
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
What a great event for a great cause. The brotherhood at NCKA is outstanding. Thanks to Glen, Rachel, Big Jim, and all the A -Hulls who put this together. A big shoutout to Daniel your awesome.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

"Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way.  Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift."

2009 Fisherman's Warehouse ~ New Hogan ~ 1st Place Striper
2010 Yakhopper's Beardsley ~ 1st Place
2011 Fisherman's Warehouse ~ Caples Lake ~ 2nd Place
NCKA AOTY ~ Largest Striped Bass ~ 2011
2016 Crabfest 1st Place Kayak Division ~ ~ won with 13" Perch

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
God bless the A Hulls. Thank you for the awesome event and raising so much support for our brother Joel. Sorry I missed the paddle out but will make it next year. OMG, the pig was a killer. Really good to see everyone Saturday and most of you Sunday too at Bodega.  :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Scott
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:21:26 PM by Great Bass 2 »
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

sketchywind

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
A huge "Thank You" to all NCKA'ers for allowing me to be the lucky winner of the Grand Prize kayak donated by DpShim.  I am super stoked to have the honor of taking this super kayak home.  I'm also happy that the PIF fundraiser was a success for Mooch.  It sure looked like a fun event.
I'm new to the NCKA community, so I can imagine the sounds of crickets when my name was called at the raffle.  I was on duty that day, so I didn't have a chance to introduce myself to this wonderful group.  The NCKA community has been helpful in my quest for a new kayak after a long hiatus without one.  The OC Trident is exactly what I was looking for and I still can't believe its sitting in my garage.  I popped the hatch and it smelled of many fishing adventures.   
I live near China Beach in SF and with this kayak, my days of crabbing off my longboard are over.  I hope to get my first halibut off of Crissy Field or Candlestick this year.  Now that I finally have a kayak, I hope to meet you guys OTW and learn the from the best.

Thank you Big Jim for all the great PIF info and Sara for an awesome message that I won ( the guys at the firehouse were wondering what all the screaming was for at Midnight...), Buzz (Harold) for transporting the yak to a closer pickup spot and helping me load it in my truck.  DpShim(Dan) for his generous donation.  I probably won't catch as much fish, but this is a great start to a new fishing obsession.  And to Mooch, I haven't met you before, but these folks love for you speaks mountains of what kind of person you are.  Hope you enjoy the SFFD swag Buzz is dropping off. 
Thanks again!!
Sketchywind aka Frank

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
A huge "Thank You" to all NCKA'ers for allowing me to be the lucky winner of the Grand Prize kayak donated by DpShim.  I am super stoked to have the honor of taking this super kayak home.  I'm also happy that the PIF fundraiser was a success for Mooch.  It sure looked like a fun event.
I'm new to the NCKA community, so I can imagine the sounds of crickets when my name was called at the raffle.  I was on duty that day, so I didn't have a chance to introduce myself to this wonderful group.  The NCKA community has been helpful in my quest for a new kayak after a long hiatus without one.  The OC Trident is exactly what I was looking for and I still can't believe its sitting in my garage.  I popped the hatch and it smelled of many fishing adventures.   
I live near China Beach in SF and with this kayak, my days of crabbing off my longboard are over.  I hope to get my first halibut off of Crissy Field or Candlestick this year.  Now that I finally have a kayak, I hope to meet you guys OTW and learn the from the best.

Thank you Big Jim for all the great PIF info and Sara for an awesome message that I won ( the guys at the firehouse were wondering what all the screaming was for at Midnight...), Buzz (Harold) for transporting the yak to a closer pickup spot and helping me load it in my truck.  DpShim(Dan) for his generous donation.  I probably won't catch as much fish, but this is a great start to a new fishing obsession.  And to Mooch, I haven't met you before, but these folks love for you speaks mountains of what kind of person you are.  Hope you enjoy the SFFD swag Buzz is dropping off. 
Thanks again!!
Sketchywind aka Frank

Congrats Frank!!!!

Fuzz (not buzz, but maybe I will start calling him that now... :smt002 :smt005) texted me today and said you were good people and hella stoked on the yak!!!

Awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing pics of you enjoying the yak and having many great adventures on it!!

And...thanks for the SFFD swag for Joel...he loves using that stuff to pick up chicks.   :smt002

Congrats again and thanks for supporting PIF!!!!!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

ps...I have another prize for you in my garage..a wicker wine picnic set!! Send me a PM and we'll figure out how to get it to you!   :smt001

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010

Thanks again!!
Sketchywind aka Frank

Haha, Congrats on that kayak Frank!! You were right about the cricket part  :smt044. You'll love it once you start hanging out at hookups and fishing with the guys. I've made a lot of good friends through here.

Thanks everyone for this wonderful event. To the organizers and everyone who made all these possible. It happened to be my first PIF and what a blast. I would love to contribute more at next year's PIF. You guys are all awesome!!

Great to see you again, Mooch!! I have only known you for a short time, but feels like your'e a longtime friend. Stay strong brother and we all love you!