Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:10:47 PM]

[Today at 02:24:53 PM]

[Today at 02:05:51 PM]

[Today at 01:19:27 PM]

[Today at 01:14:39 PM]

[Today at 12:03:59 PM]

[Today at 09:43:54 AM]

[Today at 09:22:18 AM]

[Today at 08:45:32 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: thanks to whoever i met  (Read 2817 times)

tracy d

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
so i just registered with y'all. I probably would have never known about this site if it wasnt for a frendly member who gave me a sticker and told me to check it out.

im totally kayak rookie but have been fishing way too much in the last 4 years to not buy a yak and try it out , so far so good i bought trident 11 ocean kayak, havent had a lot of time to try it out. but has been fun so far. the day i met whoever was only my second time on the water in my new yak. it was a few days after the rock fish opener, went out of stillwater, had fun got a lil nervous with the fog but still managed to catch a few lil rockfish nothin exciting, well besides the fact i was on a kayak witch was exciting anyway.
 so im stoked on it now!
im already planning trips specifically for kayak fishing, and kinda forgeting the other methods
i will be driving up to fish the delta on the 13th n 14th around the sw of bethel island for LMB (try to find spots my grampa used to take me)

anyway this just seems like a cool group and ive already spent way to much time looking up tips late at night, since im new to yak'n im reeally glad to find this :smt001

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Welcome to the MADNESS  :smt003  Glad to have you here.  Hope to see your fishing report and pictures of your fishing trip next time.  :smt006
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Fish Master1

• If it bleeds I can kill it.
  • Manatee
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Welcom aboard tracy d! :smt006.. You have definetly found the right site for fishing, fun , and Alot of information!!!.. Good to see another local guy get sucked into the MadnEsS!!!.. We will see you on the water soon...Andy
..........Sincerly A-Hull Muggle.

tracy d

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
will be fishin solo on the delta around south of bethel island this saturday n sunday :smt006  just got a new waterproof camera looking forward to try it out. first time back to the delta in probably 10+ years. will report monday ...

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Welcome Aboard tracy d, reading the posts gets to be an obsession unto its self! I've spent days reading up on "gearing up" your yak, fishing reports, hookups...endless knowledge from poeple OTW, and incredible tips...

If you like fishing, good times and lots of friendly people you've found it...NCKA RULES...hope to see you out on the water...
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2008

EWB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
oh crap another salinas person. Andy (fishmaster1) quite trying to build a posse! Tracyd, don't let him tempt you with the super fryer! 
-Eric Berg

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Welcome!! and that's the same story we've all said at the start.....then comes the second year!

reads like your gonna be on it alot!, good thing you've already got the camera.

Hook,Reel,Click&post....it's that easy! :smt003
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

BANJOTAD

• North Valley Slayers
  • Sea Lion
  • Hobie Revolution
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Welcome aboard mate! :smt001

tracy d

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
so about that delta
after not being able to find my Thomas guide i decided to trust my garmin nuvi 100% the whole way
i would have never gone the way i went. between crazy as hell  san jose and bay area commuters and my garmin sending me through 8 highway changes in forty minutes while it was raining in the middle of june on my way up i didnt really have a fun start. I hate driving around city commuters they scare me especially when i cant see out my back window.
 anyway so i get to the delta, im flooded with wonderful old memories of my grampa and my childhood. (grampa used to have a houseboat berthed at franks marina) so i pull up to franks and the place looks condemed, the field i was planing to camp out in chained off, so im dissappointed  oh well guess i got to find another spot drive around till i get to russo's marina seems cool so i get a site, take my sweet time rigging planning eating etc. get on the water fish for a lil bit , lot of bass boats game warden gives me a visit tells me about bay delta stamp, dont remember that last time i was there(ages ago) dammit paddle back get a stamp lots of bass boats. paddle back out fishin fishin fishin, no bites at all lots of bass boats fishin hard everywhere. i figure ok thats probably normal for a weekend as the day progresses still not a bite lots and lots of bass boats starting to come in im thinking (what is there a damn tournement going on)
   well it just so happens there was a tournement going on and it turns out it was being held out of russo's marina. so as i am starting to figure this out on my own i realize that 30 boats have probably already cast into this same spot every time i cast.
and i figure it out and start making my way back before i know it i am paddling through 30 boats in the middle of the channel  because they were all trying to get there fish on the dock to weigh in and i cant find an inch of dock space to land my yak i park 50 yards away.  as all the anglers look at me and tell there friends to watch me as im unloading on this tiny spot in the middle of all the chaos, as if I'm going to steal one of their dozens of rods, gimmie a break. im kind of upset as i carry all my stuff back to my site in three trips dodging the guy with the tractor pulling out the bass boats.
  i try to talk to some of the anglers who all look down their noses at me as if better than me and give me not a hint of what they were hitting no lures no colors no depths.  i unhappily decided screw this there has probably been 50 boats fishing all day not to mention pre fishing the day before  I'm over it time to head home.  As i drove home  listening to my stupid nuvi telling me "stay left, then stay right"   and, "recalculating directions" every time i changed the wrong highway all i could think about was i cant wait for july when i go up to truckee. also drove by los vaqueros ive read about that place a few times but that will have to be another time, got sierras on my mind now.
  my conclusion about the delta
it was sad to see so many businesses closed  and it would probably be awesome bass fishing saw a lot of good looking areas. But not good during a tournement
  I'll be back though"
for now i gotta read posts on trolling and figure that out for trouts and kokes and macks .

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Damn sounds like u found some memory's though...punk ass tourney dudes...it would a been nice to roll in there with ya and give a bother some support...oops sorry I knocked u off the dock as I was walking by tourney dude...my yak slipped :smt009... :smt005 Now if there was couple 3-4 of us...game on... :smt003 naw, send um love...and let Karma kick there ass...there way to serious...don't know how to have fun...they took there fun and turned to a diff level...

So does your garmin at least have a sexy voice??? I could handle some hotty voice telling me "you've gone to far"  :smt003 :smt003 doesn't "no" mean "yes"  :smt001

Keep the stories coming...you will here plenty of requests for pics...and if your like me and don't even have a cell ph...most are gentle... :smt003

So shake it off and keep it real....thanks for the great report...
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

XSquid

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Don't sweat it Tracy, you were just a victim of bad timing.  Russo's is tourney central on the delta.  I would avoid launching a yak there if at all possible.  Next time you feel like fishing Frank's, pm me and I will point you to a more user friendly launch.  Don't feel bad about blanking there also, Frank's has been tough this year.  Guys are blaming the lack of weeds as part of the problem, I guess they were sprayed and killed a while back.

I have gotten mixed attitudes from the bass boat crowd.  Most are cool and we will chat a bit.  Others hit their buddy in the ribs and give you the old "what are you doin' out here" look.  Amazing lack of respect sometimes also when it comes to cutting me off.  But Hobie and I have busted some nice fish amongst the boating crowd.  It is always funny when we haul one in and they get disgusted, fire up the big motor and head out......   :smt001

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Sorry to hear about the bad experience on your delta outing.  Don't let it get you down, stay strong!

Sadly, Los Vaqueros doesn't allow outside boats so unless you plan on banking it or renting one of theirs, you might not be visiting it.  I've heard many great stories about the lake but boycott it for the fact that we can't yak it.

You should check into the Fisherman's Warehouse event on June 28 at Tiki Lagun on the delta.  Going to be loads of fun with many people slated to show up.

Look forward to seeing you on the water.

Michael

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Tracy D
welcome..you came in at just the right time for RF season.  But wait till next year like they said.  Then everything go craaaaazy.  kayak fever :smt003
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!