Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:15:09 AM]

[Today at 07:24:53 AM]

[Today at 07:23:39 AM]

[Today at 07:16:05 AM]

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GS11 6th Annual Gyotaku Extravaganza!  (Read 4259 times)

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2010
My daughters are super excited for this!!  :smt007 :smt007

My wife will be there to supervise but none of them have ever done this, so any help from you seasoned pros will be greatly appreciated!

I will be busy setting up for raffle so won't be there to help unfortunately, but will make sure they have a fish to use.  :smt001

Thank you Brandi et al for making this happen!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim,

This event is for beginners and seasoned fish printers.  It's about having creative fun with family and friends with fish caught while at Shelter Cove / GS11. Stoked your wife and daughter will be participating!  Yes, there will be my awesome Team Gyotaku volunteers to help.  I really can't do it without their help, so speaking on behalf of Team Gyotaku, you are welcome :)

By the way, did you 'sponsor' your daughter with this years Gyotaku shirt??!

See you there!
Brandi
Gimme Shelter Gyotaku Extravaganza! Coordinator

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
Hi Brandi:  Thanks again for doing this.  Chloe would like to volunteer.  She had a wonderful experience last year and is excited to be coming back.  Let me know what day and time you start needing help.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009

My wife will be there to supervise but none of them have ever done this, so any help from you seasoned pros will be greatly appreciated!

I will be busy setting up for raffle so won't be there to help unfortunately, but will make sure they have a fish to use.  :smt001

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim,

This event is for beginners and seasoned fish printers.  It's about having creative fun with family and friends with fish caught while at Shelter Cove / GS11. Stoked your wife and daughter will be participating!  Yes, there will be my awesome Team Gyotaku volunteers to help.  I really can't do it without their help, so speaking on behalf of Team Gyotaku, you are welcome :)

See you there!
Brandi

I didn't Brandi, but they will be looking to buy shirts up there...we will bring other shirts just in case there aren't enough.

Thanks again!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi Brandi:  Thanks again for doing this.  Chloe would like to volunteer.  She had a wonderful experience last year and is excited to be coming back.  Let me know what day and time you start needing help.

Most of my volunteers will be on the water when I am setting up so if Chloe can help me set up before the event on Saturday starts, that would be very helpful!  I will begin setting up about noon. Starting Thurs night, she can find me camping near where the Gyotaku event will take place, along the fence housing campground trailers. 

Thank you!

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim,

See you there!
Brandi

I didn't Brandi, but they will be looking to buy shirts up there...we will bring other shirts just in case there aren't enough.

Thanks again!!

Sincerely,

Jim

:groupwave

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for all who have offered to volunteer (still need some help with set up prior to the event) as this event really does not happen without your help.  Just a heads up if I don't respond to your posts, PMs and/or emails right away is because I will be traveling this coming Thurs Apr 20 through May 1st. 

More May 2nd!
Brandi

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Thanks to those volunteering.  My wife and two girls are going to take a shot at this for their first year at Shelter.  If someone can show them the ropes it would be great.  I'll probably be off helping BigJim with his raffle or whatever.

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks to those volunteering.  My wife and two girls are going to take a shot at this for their first year at Shelter.  If someone can show them the ropes it would be great.  I'll probably be off helping BigJim with his raffle or whatever.

We will show them the ropes :)

I will be in contact with everyone who has let me know they'd like to help first week of May.  Off to play IN the water for the next week or so.

Brandi

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Glad to hear you are getting to go play IN the water! Hoping you have a great time, and looking forward to printing again.
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Thank you, Brandi!  Have a great trip - everything will fall in to place when you return.

Gimme Shelter Gyotaku - best ever in 2017!

:smt001
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

Pau Hana

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Hey Brandi, my wife Miki, would like to help too.  Probably have at least one of my sons give a hand as well.  This will be their first time at Gyotaku!  They can most likely help with set up but I'll PM you with her info so I don't speak for her.  That's bit me in the butt before :smt011.
Pete-"Pau Hana"

SuperVato

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Jolie my ten year old daughter is artistic and likes helping younger kids. Sweet and responsible, quote me on this in a few years, lol. I will be busy collecting my prizes and being a gadfly. She is happy to represent the Family name
“All men are equal before fish.”
― Herbert  Hoover    

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I am back!  and touching base.  Every year I always wonder if I am going to have enough volunteers and like every year, an amazing amount of people step up!  What a GREAT group!  This is wonderful because now all the volunteers will have an opportunity to make their own fish prints :)

Here is who I understand will be helping out with set up and event

The awesome group camping across from me to help set up the tent on Friday
Day of the event:
Amos/SuperVato & his daughter Jolie
Shannon and Heather
Sarah, Hannah, Lauren and Ayana
Jim Russell's daughter and wife
B-Rad / Brad McNeil
Raydon and Chloe
Pau Hana's wife Miki and son
(hopefully I didn't forget anyone)

STOKED to have all of your help!  AND this does not mean if anyone not listed wants to help and be apart of Team Gyotaku, please, join us! 

Everyone, I do hope you all come on over and make a fish print. It's tons of fun, creative and FREE!  That is unless you buy a GS Gyotaku shirt (while supplies last - $20).  Donations to go towards supplies are always welcome.  There are some random sizes of white t-shirts available, mostly kids sizes I believe, while supplies last.  You can always make a fish print on your GS11 tournament shirt.  Event is Saturday 2-4 (last printing starts at 3:30 to be done by 4 so volunteers can make the potluck and raffle).

More info at the mandatory meeting Friday.  You can also PM me, email me TheGWTC@yahoo.com or see me at the campground if you have any questions or comments.

Looking forward to seeing what amazing art will be created this year!

Brandi

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:43:04 AM by Brandi »

Pau Hana

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
I am back!  and touching base.  Every year I always wonder if I am going to have enough volunteers and like every year, an amazing amount of people step up!  What a GREAT group!  This is wonderful because now all the volunteers will have an opportunity to make their own fish prints :)

Day of the event:
Amos & his daughter
Shannon and Heather
B-Rad / Brad McNeil
Raydon and Chloe
Pau Hana's wife Mike and son
SuperVato's daughter Jolie

STOKED to have all of your help!  AND this does not mean if anyone not listed wants to help and be apart of Team Gyotaku, please, join us! 

Everyone, I do hope you all come on over and make a fish print. It's tons of fun, creative and FREE!  That is unless you buy a GS Gyotaku shirt (while supplies last - $20).  Donations to go towards supplies are always welcome.  There are some random sizes of white t-shirts available, mostly kids sizes I believe, while supplies last.  You can always make a fish print on your GS11 tournament shirt.  Event is Saturday 2-4 (last printing starts at 3:30 to be done by 4 so volunteers can make the potluck and raffle).

More info at the mandatory meeting Friday.  You can also PM me, email me TheGWTC@yahoo.com or see me at the campground if you have any questions or comments.

Brandi

LOL!  Mike is not my wife name.   :smt005  It's Miki. 

Brandi

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Day of the event:
Amos & his daughter
Shannon and Heather
B-Rad / Brad McNeil
Raydon and Chloe
Pau Hana's wife Mike and son
SuperVato's daughter Jolie

Brandi

LOL!  Mike is not my wife name.   :smt005  It's Miki.

Yeah, that's what I meant  :smt003  Sorry for the typo

anything