Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:48:56 PM]

[Today at 10:40:43 PM]

[Today at 10:23:17 PM]

[Today at 10:15:00 PM]

[Today at 09:27:37 PM]

[Today at 08:18:36 PM]

[Today at 06:46:00 PM]

[Today at 06:45:26 PM]

[Today at 06:45:01 PM]

[Today at 04:51:41 PM]

[Today at 03:38:04 PM]

[Today at 02:40:25 PM]

[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Delta Launch Locations  (Read 80738 times)

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Cliffhouse Fishing Access is on 160 near the Rio Vista bridge. I drove right past this one and had to turn around to check it out. The is a Sacto County park with a self pay box, $4 for parking. This was one of the best non-boat ramp launch areas I found today. Easy walk down few stairs, across some old drift wood and to a small beach. Direct access to the Sacramento River with good vegetation along the banks. Looks like a great area when the wind isn't blowing.

I went here today and it wasn't what I expected. Maybe it's time to review and update some of this info. Here is a photo of what I found.

This thread was originally created in 2006. Lots of changes have been made since that time. I'm sure many of the county and state access areas have closed due to budget cuts. This one and the Delta Meadows ramp for example.

This thread is meant to be a resource for the NCKA community. All members are welcome to post changes and are encouraged to add new locations.

Thanks for posting your update Traildad.

Al
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:07:13 AM by Alfredo »

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Yes budget cuts can close places and Mother Nature has a way of changng things over the years. I'm hoping more people will add updates and new info. This thread started 8 years ago so it is time for a refresh. Anyone else? :smt006
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

kars125

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile Delta Kayak Adventures
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
There's a great spot to launch for free on the Sacramento just southeast of Rio Vista at the Threemile slough bridge across hwy 160 from Brannan Island State Park next to what used to be windy cove park. It can get busy with people fishing from shore and parking is limited but you could also pay $8 and launch from Brannan Island State Park. Here is a google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/yDmzB

Hogback Island on one of my favorite sloughs, Steamboat is another good launch spot. Google map link here: https://goo.gl/maps/gIqbG

Kathy
deltakayakadventures.com

bioman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
Hey Kathy, your map of 3 mile location doesn't look right. Thanks for sharing this. So you can just park and drag the yak down teh  hill at north end of the bridge?
Bioman

DeltaYakR

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
You can launch into steamboat just not from Ryer island. Ryer is all private. You can only launch if you know someone that lives in Ryer island.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:49:47 PM by DeltaYakR »

bioman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Sorry Yakkr? Was that in response to my question? I"m very confused I" thought we were talking about locaiton SE of Rio Vista. Ryer Island is north, no?
Bioman

pao

bioman

I believe the area Kathy is talking about is at the 160 bridge crossing Threemile Slough to the main Sacramento River. 

bioman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks Yester. That's where I was thinkin' Never tried it, but will. pretty part of the river and not far from home.
BIoman

DeltaYakR

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Sorry Yakkr? Was that in response to my question? I"m very confused I" thought we were talking about locaiton SE of Rio Vista. Ryer Island is north, no?

Yes it is NE and right at the ferry crossing. No it wasn't a response to you. Just warning because Ryer residents don't take kindly to outsiders.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:07:49 PM by DeltaYakR »

WST120

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Walnut Grove: Wimpy's Marina Update

Walnut Grove: Wimpy's Marina

Wimpy's is next door to New Hope. $10 ramp fee also.

Wimpy's Ramp

The cost to launch a kayak is $5. If you launch before 9 AM, you can pay the fee in the restaurant, otherwise in the store. Ramp is easily accessible for kayak launching, but there has been a lot of floating vegetation blocking the ramp making it hard to launch a kayak this week.

The store has free "home made" maps of the area, marking snags and fishing holes. Be sure to ask for one. Wimpy's Marina web site is http://www.wimpysmarina.com/

Both Wimpy's and New Hope Landing are on the same street a few hundred yards apart.
WS Tarpon 120 Mango

WST120

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Walnut Grove: New Hope Landing Update

Walnut Grove: New Hope Landing

New Hope Landing is on part of the Mokelumne River. Nice launch ramp and parking lot. Sign says $10 to launch or $5 to park. Nobody in the office to confirm kayak price. The water there looks nice with trees and growth along the river.

New Hope Ramp and sign

I have launched from this ramp twice this week and the fee for launching kayaks is still $10. The ramp is easily accessible for launching a kayak and parking for vehicles without trailers is on the street above the boat trailer parking lot. This launch area also has clean restrooms. I am attaching two pictures, one facing the ramp and the other facing the river after launching.
WS Tarpon 120 Mango

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
Thanks for the updates!

Al

General Lee

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
^^^^ this is a great spot to launch when the salmon get goin
Headwaters Fishing Team Member
FeelFree national team member
Railblaza pro staff
1st place Freshkats series 2013
1st place Freshkats Madness at Melones 2013
3rd place Berryessa salmon slam lll
FeelFree lure 11.5
Tight lines ...

WST120

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Hogback Fishing Access is located on Grand Island Road along Steamboat Slough. This is a Sac county park that has self pay parking fees. Very nice ramp launches into a cove that has LMB potential. The cove then leads to Steamboat Slough for striper action.

The Hog Ramp

Steamboat Slough

Hogback Island Recreation Facility Update:

Hogback Island costs $5 per car and you can launch either from the boat ramp or from shore. There are Porta-potties on-site.  I have launched 3 times from here over the last week and the boat ramp has been covered with floating vegetation in the morning. I have been launching from shore and have marked two places you can launch from if no-one is fishing from these spots. I have caught LM Bass and small Stripers from this area on both sides of the river.

Here is the web site for this facility: http://www.regionalparks.saccounty.net/Parks/SacramentoRiverandDelta/Pages/HogbackIsland.aspx
WS Tarpon 120 Mango