Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:07:13 PM]

[Today at 08:09:27 PM]

[Today at 07:50:07 PM]

[Today at 07:29:14 PM]

[Today at 07:26:53 PM]

by Rick
[Today at 06:21:18 PM]

[Today at 06:03:14 PM]

[Today at 06:03:07 PM]

[Today at 06:01:09 PM]

[Today at 05:53:10 PM]

by &
[Today at 05:23:24 PM]

[Today at 01:20:14 PM]

[Today at 09:23:34 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: mothership trip to point sur - 5/27/09  (Read 3835 times)

Aaron

• Salmon
  • Love and respect the great blue world.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
If this trip were any cooler my freakin head would explode!   :light
Manager Monterey Bay Kayaks Moss Landing
ACA Certified Instructor,Kayak Tour Guide

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
My rod bent double, I assumed I’d snagged stray kelp. Wrong. After a nice battle I bought a 32” Ling to the surface. With no net or gaff I gilled him and chucked him on the clip. He was angry.

And then you beat the fish into submission with yer bare hands?
 :smt005
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Northern Boy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile my name is phil and i'm addicted to fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2007
Actually I did, since I went minimal and had no other choice. I like those odds, a fist fight against an opponent with no fists.

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
GREAT write up.

Beauty Ling too NB!
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
One great and full day! Sorry I'm slow posting. My thanks to Alan and his crew Sean. What a wonderful experience and great company. The trip down was not too bad for me. Alan had it all handled! A very competent and gracious host. I was full of excitement and grateful to be able to take part in this adventure.
My fat yak was the first in the water. Naturally I caught the first fish. (smaller black sent back) the morning went on like that. send her down jig a bit and fish on! They were hitting around 110-120 depth for me. What fun!!! I am still working on getting my photos up. (new used camera I replaced my wife's camera I drowned on a previous trip but that's another story  :smt003)  I brought home a mixed bag of 7 rockies. I lost count on the ones sent back. (2 were underlings)
It was great to meet and fish with a class group of men. I guess I was the rookie of the group. It was a great education to watch each of them go to work out there but still keeping an eye on each other. Brother Phil (northern boy) showed me true spirit of this sport and the grit of a brit. Even while being sick as a dog, he kept going. Every time I would tell him I was going to go back out to take another drift, He would just wave and start paddling. He hung in there and made fun of himself while chumming.  :smt044
Paul and Allen were a couple of cool hands. A true joy to watch and learn from both of them! Thank you both! I'm not sure what time it was when from the other side of a few swells there was some loud hoops of joy. I immediately knew Allen had something good on. Then there was Paul laughing and  we all knew it was good. As I came over the swells towards them Paul let us know Allen had a monster that was "NOT go back" :smt044. At that point Allen was beating the giant into submission. You all should have seen the glow he had as he paddled and said "I'm going to call it 25lbs." (Just seeing that tail sticking up out of his yak I knew it had to be more than that) I tried to get a good pic of that moment but they came out blurred from us both moving. It was a priceless thing to see. We should get him on that credit card commercial.  :smt003
All in all it was just a wonderful day with a great group of guys. Much fun and much learned. As they say, it doesn't get any better than this! Thank you all from the bottom of my tiny heart!!!! It was truly an honor and a privilege to be able to enjoy such an adventure with you. I will always have the memories even if my pics didn't turn out so good. I'll do it again in a heart beat!

Ebyekewabjeget

2010 MBK Tournament Winner and new T-13 owner