Dive Zone > Kayak Diving and Spearfishing

Channel Islands Charter - Guidance Needed

(1/1)

TheKeeneroo:
My Birthday is this month (19th) and I got the green light from my bride to hop on a charter to channel islands. I can only take off 1 day from work (PTO is already spoken for with holiday travel to Hawaii) so it would have to be a Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon. 2 day trip would be more affordable, and preferable for me. I'd even go for a 1 day. I want to break out the new Riffe 120 and pop some bigger fish.

I have no experience with spear charters so I'm looking to pull from the collective experience of NCKA to help with finding the right boat and right weekend.

Peace boat appears to only do weekday charters, Raptor can be chartered for $1850 up to 20 people (~$90/person) so that would be cool if there was a group, Truth Aquatics appears to do tank dives but not free dives? Any guidance or contacts you have would be appreciated.

Cabeza de Martillo:
You can free dive off of the Truth Aquatic boats. Check the calendar and see if there is an opening on the days you want. Then just contact the person responsible for that particular charter and ask if they are OK with you free diving.

Their contact info is normally listed on the calendar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version