Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:39:24 PM]

[Today at 10:33:58 PM]

[Today at 09:45:12 PM]

[Today at 08:39:39 PM]

[Today at 07:56:21 PM]

[Today at 07:50:41 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Tomales Bay launch on west side?  (Read 6819 times)

oysterer

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
I have had pretty good action on the yak trolling the south end of the bay (from south of Marshall to Chicken Ranch) along the ledge on the west side (10-12') and also mid bay (16-20'). If you see bait balls, cast lures at it as there are likely stripers underneath.

It's actually a real nice paddle from Heart's Desire to Hog. With the big outgoing tide, you can easily troll up before the turn of the tide and the wind and current will ease you back south.

You can also launch at Chicken Ranch if you can wheel over the sand.

Hey oysterer, how long is the paddle from Heart's Desire to Hog going with the tide? Looks like it could be a good 5 miles?

Ya sounds about right-2-2.5 hrs

• View Profile
I have had pretty good action on the yak trolling the south end of the bay (from south of Marshall to Chicken Ranch) along the ledge on the west side (10-12') and also mid bay (16-20'). If you see bait balls, cast lures at it as there are likely stripers underneath.

It's actually a real nice paddle from Heart's Desire to Hog. With the big outgoing tide, you can easily troll up before the turn of the tide and the wind and current will ease you back south.

Hey oysterer, how long is the paddle from Heart's Desire to Hog going with the tide? Looks like it could be a good 5 miles?

Thanks for the tip! Looking on Google Maps, has anyone ever launched from Sacramento Landing? CAn't tell if there's public access or not...
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

Thanks for the tip! Looking on Google Maps, has anyone ever launched from Sacramento Landing? CAn't tell if there's public access or not...
I found this, it may be fun to try and see if you get busted...whose watching...might not take my own advice.
" The National Park Service now owns this property and has provided housing for researchers by establishing the Sacramento Landing Marine Research Station. It’s unknown when or if the park will allow public use of the beach and facilities at Sacramento Landing."  I hope you catch a hali no matter where you go... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

• View Profile

I found this, it may be fun to try and see if you get busted...whose watching...might not take my own advice.
" The National Park Service now owns this property and has provided housing for researchers by establishing the Sacramento Landing Marine Research Station. It’s unknown when or if the park will allow public use of the beach and facilities at Sacramento Landing."  I hope you catch a hali no matter where you go... :smt006

Very tempted to try launching from there...I can always say I didn't know any better.

Regardless, it should be a nice paddle and a hali would be a bonus.
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

oysterer

• Salmon
  • View Profile

That's a ranger station with no public access and only about 1.5 mi north of heart's desire

yatzmail@yahoo.com

I couldn’t make it all my buddies got their limit.

Tsuri

• Do I even fish brah?
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
 : Very nice, thats what I'm talking about!

P13. T160. Evo 465
Old and salty crew

"I think before the day is done I want to be a fisherman"    - Primus

• View Profile
Update on my Tomales trip...went out this past Thurs and I didn't get alot of bites. But as I was making my way back in, I managed to land this 26" butt south of Hog. Still learning the topography of this bay though.

Thanks for all the tips. Hoping to go back again soon.
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
I love Tomales Butts!

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

CptSloppywood

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

• View Profile
Thanks guys! FWIW, I saw a bunch of baitfish jumping out of the water near white gulch. Probably some bigger halibut moving in soon.   
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5