Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:38:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Local Kayak Shops / Dealers / Rentals / Guides  (Read 115583 times)

NicksYak

• Salmon
  • All gave some. Some gave all.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
I had a great experience with Clavey Paddlesports in Petaluma. They have treated me very well.

Clavey Paddlesports
409 Petaluma Blvd. South
Petaluma, CA 94593
800-832-4226

http://www.clavey.com

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I had a great experience with Clavey Paddlesports in Petaluma. They have treated me very well.

Clavey Paddlesports
409 Petaluma Blvd. South
Petaluma, CA 94593
800-832-4226

http://www.clavey.com

Absolutlely a quality place and people who have been very supportive of ncka...... :smt045
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Bonafide

• Fish On!
  • Salmon
  • Fish On!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Head Waters Kayaking is a great place in Lodi, Dan is always very helpful with answering any questions that I have and very helpful with installing accessories on my kayak
Lowland Jackson Kilroy- [Standup Bar] [Yakattack Blakpak] [Lowrance Elite-4] [Ram Transducer Arm]
Ascend FS12T Angular Kayak- [Anchor Trolley Kit] [Slide Tracks]

Sheldon

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2012
Outback Adventures - Fremont

43905 Hugo Terrace
Fremont, CA 94538
ph: 510-440-8888

Store Hours
Monday - Friday 11-7
Saturday - 10-6
Sunday - Closed

StephKillsit

• Sea Lion
  • Not yakin just yet but I still yak in other ways!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Just saw this post and the negative comments about adventure sports in Sac. Here is my experience w/ them. A couple years ago, I bought my 07 outback from these guys at the ISE in San Mateo.  For $1650 + tax, I received the new 07 outback, w/ fishing package,(wheels, anchor, tackle boxes and bag).  They also threw in a free extrasport pfd.  AND! They threw in a free Brand New Tarpon 100 with 2 installed flushmounts and a mounted scotty rodholder!  I sold the tarpon on craigs list for $550.  In my opinion the deal was more than fair and I have no problem recommending them.  In fact, I did.  Ride123 got the same deal the very next day!  Anyway thats my 2 cents.

That's a sweet deal. I put a deposit down on a demo 2012 Revo 13 and it won't be coming with anything except the paddle and the seat. I'm paying 1600 + taxes and oh they are throwing in the turbo fins, is that a good deal still? I heard that the 2013 models will be the same as the 2012 just going up $300. Plus I still get the warranties with it. So I'm under the impression that I got a good deal.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:37:21 AM by StephL »
2012 Hobie Revo 13
Intex Seahawk 2

Thank you all for your support!! I’m so glad to still be ALIVE!! Weather on land or water I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Raynman10

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Are there any shops in the Marin/Sonoma area that carry kayak fishing gear? I need rod holder and other hardware and would like to support locals rather than internet if I can.

bwodun

cloestest to you i would check outback adventures next to the ferry in larkspur, also clavey in petaluma and outdoor pro shop in rohnert park carries scotty stuff, hope this helps, cameron
Are there any shops in the Marin/Sonoma area that carry kayak fishing gear? I need rod holder and other hardware and would like to support locals rather than internet if I can.

shorebreak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Aquan (San Carlos) mentioned in earlier post has Wed night paddle at San Mateo aquatic park, $20, you can try multiple kayaks.  Call the store to see if they have what you want to paddle at the boathouse.  I had a good time on the Slough paddling under Hwy92.  Saw a lot of pelicans and what looked like fish feeding at the surface but didn't have any gear.

kars125

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile Delta Kayak Adventures
I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd let you know I've started my own kayak touring business on the delta. I will also have rentals available soon, including a Jackson Coosa, Cobra Navigator, Native Redfish 10 and a Redfish 12. I hope to add more in the future. If your looking to rent in the Antioch, Pittsburg, Brentwood, Oakley and Discovery Bay area let me know. You can check out my site at deltakayakadventures.com

jbaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Just saw this post and the negative comments about adventure sports in Sac. Here is my experience w/ them. A couple years ago, I bought my 07 outback from these guys at the ISE in San Mateo.  For $1650 + tax, I received the new 07 outback, w/ fishing package,(wheels, anchor, tackle boxes and bag).  They also threw in a free extrasport pfd.  AND! They threw in a free Brand New Tarpon 100 with 2 installed flushmounts and a mounted scotty rodholder!  I sold the tarpon on craigs list for $550.  In my opinion the deal was more than fair and I have no problem recommending them.  In fact, I did.  Ride123 got the same deal the very next day!  Anyway thats my 2 cents.

That's a sweet deal. I put a deposit down on a demo 2012 Revo 13 and it won't be coming with anything except the paddle and the seat. I'm paying 1600 + taxes and oh they are throwing in the turbo fins, is that a good deal still? I heard that the 2013 models will be the same as the 2012 just going up $300. Plus I still get the warranties with it. So I'm under the impression that I got a good deal.

The revo only went up $50, and you would get the warrantee with any new purchased boat regardless of year.  But yes that's a pretty good deal, especially with the turbo fins

CappyMoMo.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd let you know I've started my own kayak touring business on the delta. I will also have rentals available soon, including a Jackson Coosa, Cobra Navigator, Native Redfish 10 and a Redfish 12. I hope to add more in the future. If your looking to rent in the Antioch, Pittsburg, Brentwood, Oakley and Discovery Bay area let me know. You can check out my site at deltakayakadventures.com

Congrats on the new endeavor.  Get some rod holders mounted on those yaks and wttm.

Eric Morgan
Trident Ultra 4.7
Not the guy selling the Outback
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.plantfertility.com
Trident Ultra 4.7
Morgan Consulting LLC Agronomy Pro Staff
Hating the Seahawks and the Raiders cause they suck.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

I'm excited for you Kathy! I think your new endeavor will do great. We may need to talk about storing some Cuda 12 and Cuda 14 demos at your place so folks don't have to drive all the way to Lodi to test out the Jackson line. Looking forward to working with you more and helping you grow your business. Exciting time for you for sure!
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

kars125

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile Delta Kayak Adventures

I'm excited for you Kathy! I think your new endeavor will do great. We may need to talk about storing some Cuda 12 and Cuda 14 demos at your place so folks don't have to drive all the way to Lodi to test out the Jackson line. Looking forward to working with you more and helping you grow your business. Exciting time for you for sure!

Sounds great Dan!! We'll definitely need to chat. Randy won't let me rent his Cuda. Can't say I blame him :smt003

HumMichael

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Sorry if alrrady known. San Francisco REI  do not rent nor have a kayak section.

Elkhornsun

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Kayak shops for the most part carry only fishing kayaks from a couple of different manufacturers. For the Hobie boats in my area only one shop, Kayak Connection, can order them for you to buy.

Being able to try before you buy is something else entirely. There are demo days but in most cases we would have had to drive 400 miles round trip and tried them out on a lake or in the delta.

Only CCK was able to provide use with an Outback and a Revo 13 to demo the same day and out in SF Bay and able to provides us with both the standard and turbo fin equipped Mirage drives to try with both boats.

We waited several weeks for Kayak Connection to have both models in stock but they would not hold onto them over the weekend and would not provide demos on the weekend. That is why we went to CCK instead to demo and then to buy two of the Revo 13's.