Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:41:59 AM]

[Today at 10:06:12 AM]

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: [SITE] PM Attachment cleaning house  (Read 4124 times)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
SHIT!!!!
Over 6000 PMs to go through.  :smt044 :smt044
<=>

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
SHIT!!!!
Over 6000 PMs to go through.  :smt044 :smt044

If I need to spend all this time cleaning house, you can too!   :smt006

-Allen

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Are event post attachments vulnerable?

This is strictly about PM attachments.  Normal post attachments are not affected.

In parallel, I'm checking what it costs to upgrade servers to one with more disk storage.

-Allen
Can you look at all PM attachments without having to access member accounts one at a time? I presume yes.

Nope.  And that's the way it should be.  Privacy.

-Allen
Sounds like a lot of work for you unless you are only looking at physical size of attachements without viewing.

polepole

• Administrator

This is strictly about PM attachments.  Normal post attachments are not affected.

In parallel, I'm checking what it costs to upgrade servers to one with more disk storage.

-Allen
Can you look at all PM attachments without having to access member accounts one at a time? I presume yes.

-Allen
Sounds like a lot of work for you unless you are only looking at physical size of attachements without viewing.

I have the ability to easily delete based on age, which is why the original post said I'd start with deleting anything older than 1 year.  I mean, if you have an important attachment that is older than a year, why are you keeping it in your PM folder.

-Allen

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007

-Allen

-Allen

I have the ability to easily delete based on age, which is why the original post said I'd start with deleting anything older than 1 year.  I mean, if you have an important attachment that is older than a year, why are you keeping it in your PM folder.

-Allen
True, as well as why do I keep all my PMs since I joined.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I'm ahead of the curve this time... Already went threw it all and have only 19 recent pm's. Thanks for the time you put in to keep the site up and running Allen :smt001

Now at 0  :smt006
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:54:55 PM by Weimarian »
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

polepole

• Administrator

-Allen

-Allen

-Allen
True, as well as why do I keep all my PMs since I joined.

To be clear, I will not delete PM's.  It's the attachments that are causing me problems.  I wish there was an easy way for users to list what PM's they have that have attachments.  I'm going to search for a method.

-Allen

alien

• Sea Lion
  • WSB/MBK 10/01/09 56"--/46 pounds
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
so if i wanted to save a pm how would i do it and the ones i don't want to save just leave alone or should i go ahead and delete.
Alien

polepole

• Administrator
so if i wanted to save a pm how would i do it and the ones i don't want to save just leave alone or should i go ahead and delete.
Alien

I am not deleting PM's, but it would be the attachments to PM.  Click on those and they should download to your computer.

-Allen

alien

• Sea Lion
  • WSB/MBK 10/01/09 56"--/46 pounds
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005