Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Cascade Fire.....Thank you!!UPDATE  (Read 2392 times)

pinseeker_11

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
I don't know why I am still suprised at how much love and support comes from this group!! I have seen it many times but I have never experienced it first hand.
So the night of the Cascade fire, I was on duty. Station 1A Captain. I get a call from the Captain at station 3, he is going home because his house is on fire! He told me I should let my wife know just in case. We live quite a ways away but the wind was BLOWING. I called my house 11 times!!! My wife finally answered the phone. The power went out 10 seconds later! She called me back on her cell phone. I told her Matts house was burning down and to please keep an eye out. She went outside and said it was all clear she couldn't see anything. I asked her to please stay awake and keep checking. She called me 30 mins later and said that she could see a HUGE column of smoke. I told her to wake up the kids and get the photos and some clothes. She called me back 5-10 mins later. She said all she could see was a wall of fire coming down the hill! I told her to get the kids and get out. She stopped at our 80 something year old neighbors and pounded on the door. they finally woke up! My wife and oldest son told them to get out. They saved the neighbors lives. I got a text from my wife saying they made it out. She said they barely made it with fire on both sides of the road and power lines dropping. I stayed at work knowing that we would be sending an engine out any minute. I got a call from the neighbor. She said my house was on fire! I told the battalion Chief I had to go now. I drove 100mph to my house. I barely made it to my house. My 5th wheel was ripping along with all my neighbors houses but my house was fine!! This was approximately 0130. I grabbed a few things and stayed to defend my house. I watered down my deck with irrigation water and checked around the house multiple times. I stopped the fire from my neighbors to the norths house. My house was fine! At 0430 I left because the power lines were coming down and I didn't want to get stuck in my road. I got the where my family was staying and told my wife, we lost our trailer but our house is OK. At 0700 I drive back down to my house. I had to use my badge to get past the road blocks but I got in. I pulled up to find 5 CalFire engines in my driveway and my house burning! They knew it was my house and tried everything they could. It was to far involved. I had them cut my garage door open so I could empty my gun safe. They left and I watched my house burn to the ground. I have been a Firefighter for 15 years, I have watched 100's pf house burn. The feeling of watching your house burn to the ground is indescribable! I made the hardest phone call I have ever made to tell my wife and kids I was WRONG the house was burning. I watched 15 years off marriage, kids, military career, and life burn to the ground.
Fast forward a few days and I got a call from my uncle(snapper head) Bill Johnson saying NCKA wanted to help out! I can't say it enough but THANK YOU all!!! Its going to be a long road but we will make it. The donation really helped to get back on track for daily routines and school!! My family is VERY grateful! Again Thank you thank you thank you!!! This group is unbelievable! I am proud to be a member! I may not know all of you very well but you ALL helped my family in a time of need!! Thank you guys so much, we love you all!!!

Chris
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:58:04 AM by pinseeker_11 »
2013 Jackson Cuda 14

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
OMG Chris!  We’re still here to help.  If you need anything, reach out.

-Allen

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Damn near made me cry there, Chris. Thank you for sharing your story. Proud to be part of this community.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016

Glad to hear your family made it out safe!  It's a marathon, please shout out if you need further help, I'll be glad to help and I am sure others would too, we can't thank you enough for your service to the country and community.  Just ask and don't hesitate.

2019 Hobie Outback
2017 Hobie Adventure Island
2016 Santa Cruz Raptor G2 - Surf/stability champ!
2015 Hobie Revolution 16 - Speedster
2016 NuCanoe Frontier 12 - Extra stable with crazy load capability

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

VK

Glad you and your family are safe ..Ski pro Jerry has some excellent info for those that have suffered a loss

Hang in there !!!

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Glad your family is safe.  ItÂ’s going to be a hard road with moments where you flash back to all those things that are unimaginable.  It was always easier to turn off the emotions and do the job that was needed to be done.  Most first responders canÂ’t do that when their families lives are affected nor should they try. 

Hang in there, you are not alone.  I am glad the NCKA community could help.
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
I have heard this story a few, but still happy I read it before the rest of the crew got in this morning. The NCKA family is unbelievably supportive and giving :smt008.
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Wow....

:smt010 :smt010

So sorry that you guys have to go through this Chris...

I'm really glad that PIF/NCKA was able to help out a little and get you some cash as quick as possible.

Please keep us posted about what you need and what we can do to help...we are here for you.

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

pinseeker_11

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! Again I cant say it enough THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! My family and I really appreciate it. I have been asked by a lot of guys for an update. Here it is. Our insurance delivered a trailer to the property to live in while we re build. We have some amazing friends with serious equipment so we have cleaned up the property and are waiting on the drawings and the county. Here are some pics so show the progress. The family is good. The trailer is a little tight but we are making work. We all look forward to getting back into the house. My wife is a CHAMP, I couldn't do it all without her. We are gonna try to knock it out as quickly as possible and try to getaway when needed. Its a balance we will have to find :smt044. Again thank you all for the messages and support! It has really helped keep us going!!! Hopefully we will see everyone at an event soon!!

Chris
2013 Jackson Cuda 14

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! Again I cant say it enough THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! My family and I really appreciate it. I have been asked by a lot of guys for an update. Here it is. Our insurance delivered a trailer to the property to live in while we re build. We have some amazing friends with serious equipment so we have cleaned up the property and are waiting on the drawings and the county. Here are some pics so show the progress. The family is good. The trailer is a little tight but we are making work. We all look forward to getting back into the house. My wife is a CHAMP, I couldn't do it all without her. We are gonna try to knock it out as quickly as possible and try to getaway when needed. Its a balance we will have to find :smt044. Again thank you all for the messages and support! It has really helped keep us going!!! Hopefully we will see everyone at an event soon!!

Chris

Glad to hear you and the fam are doing well and making the best of the situation!!!

Hang in there and keep us posted with what else we can do to help!!

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Wow the insurance co is moving fast.  So glad to see that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
I've seen that much progress take literally years in other places.
You are knocking it out in record time!
You'll have brand new digs in no time at this rate!
<=>