Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:28:43 AM]

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fishing Derby at Lake Amador-POSTPONED  (Read 2048 times)

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I am putting together a derby at Lake Amador on November 14th.  I would like to get a feel for how many people are interested so that I can start soliciting vendors and sponsors for prizes.  This will be a no motorized derby, so it will be open to bank fishermen, tubers, yaks, and pontoons.  We will have the benefit of mobility though! :smt044

I spoke with the people at the lake today, and there is a potential that the lake stocking program might not be implimented much prior to the scheduled derby.  Scheduling conflicts with other season dates also occur on the 14th of November.  Another Derby will be scheduled later in the season once the stocking program is established, and greater participation can be expected by anglers.  I am still soliciting sponsors for the event, and there are several commitments made, and there should be some great prizes for placement.  A large effort is going to be made to enhance youth and women participation to expand our sport, and make WAF points easier to attain.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:40:31 AM by MontanaN8V »
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
See my response on the other board. :smt044   No, but seriously, I'll definitely make every attempt to be there.  Glad it isn't on the 7th.

Michael

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
i thought you were talking about the night fishing derby hosted by walton's on oct 3rd.  not sure if i will attend as i will likely be targeting sturgeon to finish off AOTY.  it's a nice lake but really expensive.  carpool would work best, and its really annoying that they charge full boat price to kayaks - maybe you can talk to bob about that?

MontanaN8V

• Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
I am working on that, I am pretty sure I can get a negotiated rate for the tournament.  Once I do, I will know how much it costs to enter, but am pretty sure it will be in line with what we are used to paying to enter derbies and tournaments.  There are two striper derbies and a striper fest the same weekend in the delta, so that place is going to be a ZOO!  I figured Amador would be a great place to get away and hide.
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Makinitcount

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
Gee that was quick on the date between the 7th & 14th, since I voted earlier today on another board  :smt044 for the 7th!!! But....the 14th will work as long as Vegas doesn't get the best of me!

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
whats there to catch there in novemebr?trout?

yea im in
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
I am working on that, I am pretty sure I can get a negotiated rate for the tournament.

Their site claims to have club rates.

http://www.lakeamador.com/rates.htm

MontanaN8V

• Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
I am going there next Friday to talk to them and get a good rate worked up for us.  I am sure they will appreciate the business and publicity. Andy, the primary target is the big Donaldson Cutbow trout, but there are bass and panfish there too.  I heard there are huge bass, but I have only caught 4 pounder for my best there, while trolling a rapala for trout.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:25:27 PM by MontanaN8V »

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Bass used to be the primary target there, until the present owners started to stock with the Donaldsen trout. It IS pricey, if there is no group discount. Not sure if you can camp or car campt there overnight.

MontanaN8V

• Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
There is a camp ground, and I have car camped several times.  I am going there on Friday next week to work out the specifics.

anything