Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:24 AM]

[Today at 08:08:08 AM]

[Today at 07:42:13 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: WTB HOBIE OUTBACK OR REVO (dune)  (Read 1711 times)

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
So, im ready for a hobie.
Ive been rolling in my T13 now for quite a while and prior to that an OK big game.
As you may see, i started slow and slowly working my way to a more slick Ride.

Also, can i get some feedback on the revo vs outback To me they both look like equally great boats but does one have an advantage.over another as far as for fishing (Stabilty, lenght or just comfort, etc)

My budget is tight.  That said i really dont want to spend more than $1,400
and if lucky it has turbo fins. If not im still happy with that, the fins can be an upgrade later down the road.

Thanks in advance for all the help which i know is plenty here and hope
 to enjoy the fun times soon with you all.

I know ill have more questions once i submit this post but for now this is what i came up with.

Chuwy

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:25:35 PM by chuwy4 »

MotherLoad

Mirage refers to any of their boats with the peddle drive system known as the mirage drive. clarify which other hobie with a mirage drive you would like to compare with a revo and you should get some good feedback. You can also use the search feature as I think I've seen this question posed and lots of good feedback given once or twice in the past. I have an outback and a sport and have a close friend with a revo. Ide be happy to give you my two cents on any of those models if you'd like.

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Mirage refers to any of their boats with the peddle drive system known as the mirage drive. clarify which other hobie with a mirage drive you would like to compare with a revo and you should get some good feedback. You can also use the search feature as I think I've seen this question posed and lots of good feedback given once or twice in the past. I have an outback and a sport and have a close friend with a revo. Ide be happy to give you my two cents on any of those models if you'd like.

I corrected my listing.

id appreciate it.
looking at some images i noticed the outback to be wider and seems a little heavier. With that said, the bigger the boat the more stuff we tend to store.

Thanks
Chuwy

SlackedTide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/4960124381.html

Here you go, I got a friend who might want your t13 depending on price and condition.
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2011 Hobie Outback - bye bye
1997 Tracker 17 Deep V<--- Money Pit

When you look outside the window, and all you see is fishing. True Story.

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Here you go, I got a friend who might want your t13 depending on price and condition.

Thanks. Not planning on selling the T13. Great price but i really want to stick with the dune color. Dont want to regret my decision later on

Thank you.

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013

I corrected my listing.

id appreciate it.
looking at some images i noticed the outback to be wider and seems a little heavier. With that said, the bigger the boat the more stuff we tend to store.

Thanks
Chuwy

Hull size of the Outback, 12'1", weight 82 lb.  Revo 13' 72 lb.  Why be concerned with weight?  Two people can handle loading/unloading easily.  So weight should not be an issue, that is unless you kayak SOLO!  But NCKA kayakers don't go out alone or without a PFD, right?

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thats right, NCKA's ride together.

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011

Thats a bit overpriced for a pre 2007 outback IMO. 

Good luck on your search chuwy, you should be able to find one at your budget price.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:53:24 PM by SmokeOnTheWater »
If you ain't first, you're last.

mhaze618

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents about a outback vs a revolution. I have a quest which looking at the revolution looks quite similar in specs and weight

My friends outback is just much heavier. I imagine it a bit to heavy dealing with it on my own, while my quest is much more manageable to me. But maybe its something you get used to.

He does have more space and dodads but the quest and probably revolution have side pockets first which I love and cant imagine without

eelkram

• Sea Lion
  • it's my name, backwards
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
This is a popular topic. I would say that the only real answer you're going to listen to is what feels right when you demo the 2 boats.  :smt003

They're both great in their own rights but... they handle much differently.

Then again... someone in a previous article noted, "a lot of people go from Outback to Revo. Haven't heard too many go from Revo to Outback."

I vote Revo though. As a previous Outback owner, I enjoyed the stability and roominess.. But when I demo'd a Revo, I really preferred the speed and handling.  Stability is still good and it sounds like you're comfortable enough (based on your other kayaks) to not worry about it.
'15 Viking ProFish Reload, wasp
'11 Hobie Revo 13, skunk yellow
'12 Hobie Outfitter, dune (I'm the guy pedaling in the back)

chuwy4

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I appreciate the help and opinion on the diff boats. I in fact scored on a revo.

Cant wait to pick it up. Yeahhhhhh!!! Awesome feeling.
Now im just thinking of what ill put on it as far as gadgets n stuff.. Gonna have to look at the craftsmens link for ideas and do it yourself garage time.

Thank you all for the help and to that awesome dude that hit me up.

Looking forward to some awesome times on the water with you all.

Thanks again.
Chuwy

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Chuwy that's awesome buddy, Congrats and welcome to the dark side. Looking forward to chasing some fish with you! Mike
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff