Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Nov 4 Dungie Dive Opening Season - Doran Beach  (Read 934 times)

OVillanueva

• Salmon
  • Live to serve.
  • View Profile Pacific Coast Hunterz
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Anyone plan on Diving-for-Dungies over at Doran Beach 11/4? It's going to be a circus but I'm down to clown around.

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I've never considered diving for dungies, but that may be much quicker than soaking pots...
And Doran may have just the right layout to make that do-able... although I wonder what the visibility is like.
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
If the visibility is decent use some bait also.  You can look around but the bait will draw more in closer so you can grab them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

OVillanueva

• Salmon
  • Live to serve.
Another diver told me visibility tends to be good once you go out as far as the end of the jetty. Depth is around 20ft at that area.

Tez

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
although I wonder what the visibility is like.
Doran Jetty is the first place I ever dove in the Pacific Ocean.   Vis. has been pretty terrible the few times I have been diving there in the past three years, with churned up sand, but I was sticking pretty close to the outer jetty.  Sounds like I didn't go out far enough, or picked the wrong days.  I might see some of you out there if the forecast is calm enough.  Crab diving is definitely something that people do there sometimes.  I have seen some folks swim out after tossing in small bait cages attached to an egg float with some paracord.  As I was leaving one evening around sunset, I watched one kid slowly surface swim his way from the outer jetty all the way out to near the seal haul-out for some.  I think he was kinda nuts to bob his way out there in November, but I guess he was lucky. 

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
I plan on being there with family.  Both kayak/traps and dive gear.  Wife doesn't want me to go underwater alone.  Would definitely love to have a buddy to go with.

OVillanueva

• Salmon
  • Live to serve.
I plan on being there with family.  Both kayak/traps and dive gear.  Wife doesn't want me to go underwater alone.  Would definitely love to have a buddy to go with.

I plan to be there by 6am -- hopefully before the flood of visitors start rolling in. I'm only bringing my dive gear -- no kayak, though, just a Palantic Diving Float; I've yet to pick up a kayak. Still have more planning to take care of, but yea, would love to meet some NCKA dive members there.