Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[Today at 04:04:00 AM]

[Today at 02:42:27 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: I SURVIVED THE DEL VALLE FISH AND CHILL!!!  (Read 17028 times)

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Adam your lady made it out just in time I guess. As I pulled up to the launch ramp I saw a car leaving and the park ranger following just behind it. By the time I was all packed and ready to go it was 9pm. Pull up to the gate and it was locked. Drove around the camp grounds couldn't find the dude anywhere. I went on a 4x4 mission to get out of there.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Hobie Adventure Island
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2019 Stealth Powerfisha 16
2020 Solo Skiff

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
whoa!! she took a right at the gates and got even more lost.....she said she never saw you and thought YOU beat HER out......whew! I would have been feeling, hearing and paying for that one for the rest of my adult life if she had gotten locked in abd had to walk back in the rain.
Looks like I survived MORE than just a silly Fish n'Chill III   :smt009

You said it before you left, "NO GATE will keep ME in"..Troy's gonna be so proud

random pics from day1:

Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
The cabezone Ceviche that came out of that margarita mix bucket was crazy insane tasty...  Chuck, you should post that recipe.

Andy's Tractor Carnitas...  Troy's manskirts...  Al's coriandercoconutmilk chicken...  roasted peppers, bacon wrapped shrimp, Christosmores... It was nuts, I tell ya...  

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The Fish & Chill II was great. I'm glad I got to hang out for a day and chill with my most favorite people in the whole world. Food was off the hook bacon wrap shrimp and the bomba$$ carnitas were awesome. Frank & Mooch thank you for hosting. Hopefully next time I will get to camp.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2020 Solo Skiff

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
The cabezone Ceviche that came out of that margarita mix bucket was crazy insane tasty... 
Yes it WAS and you know when you've thrown down something good when it Vaporizes into thin air within seconds of it hitting the table.
While ChampChuckE is the reining DeepFryGuru, FryMasterAndy is gonna be getting votes where ever he takes that FryShow too.

pic1&2~a beautiful start of a day that will end in NCKA History

pic3~a trees view of camp

Big Matt

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
The Fish & Chill II was great. I'm glad I got to hang out for a day and chill with my most favorite people in the whole world. Food was off the hook bacon wrap shrimp and the bomba$$ carnitas were awesome. Frank & Mooch thank you for hosting. Hopefully next time I will get to camp.

How did you do out there Ariel?

Fish and Chill II was cool-wish I could have hung out with everybody at camp, but I was on a mission to fish.  I am definately going to have to come to the next hookup for the camping too.  I brought a tasty 14" rainbow planter home.  How did everyone else do?
Cobra Marauder     NCKA Storm Trooper for a day (without sleeves)

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

How did you do out there Ariel?

Fish and Chill II was cool-wish I could have hung out with everybody at camp, but I was on a mission to fish.  I am definately going to have to come to the next hookup for the camping too.  I brought a tasty 14" rainbow planter home.  How did everyone else do?

Matt

Manage to scratch up nada. Noticed all the fish were down deep like 60' to 90' deep, marked hundreds of fish at the level. Sent down one of my broken-back Rapalas on sliding sinker setup for what I thought was a good bite but reallly just got snagged. It was a nice paddle around the lake. Congrats on your trout bro.
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2020 Solo Skiff

Ariel Sea

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Adam

Forgot to mention your guacamole was off the hook brother!!!
2019 Hobie Outback Camo
2019 Stealth Kayaks 555
2020 Solo Skiff

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
By the way.. did anyone find a little tiny black plastic plug@the far right hand side of the dock (near the reeds) I lost it when I hurried over to help out fishmaster1, who flipped his mule in the wind on the way back.. :smt013
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Fish Flogger

• Wishin' I was Fishin'
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Wow guys....sounds like a wet wild ride. I swear I'll come along next time and suffer with the rest of you stormtroopers. Maybe next year there won't be any rain? Probably not... :smt044

Way to stick it out and nail a few fish in the process.

Fishmaster1,

Did you loose any gear when your pack boat flipped? Man what a pain in the rear.

All in all it sounded like a grand time was had by all. Great friends, great food and once again insane weather. You guys are the best!!

-FF
-FF

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
The 2nd worse storm Ive camped in, but the first was while hitch-hiking alone in FL, so it doesnt quite count.
What fun! Thank Moochie for posting this hookup and Frank for the just about the best cause out there-showing our love for the troops coming home.  :smt006It always blows me away how tribal ncka gathereing are, brothers-in-waders, and how it makes you look at this screwed up world in a better way, Andy, you family is all about values and your pride in that stands out like a tailwalking marlin! Your a rich man bro! Even though we're a bunch of scum-bags. :smt005
Frank, can you send me the names/handles of EVERYONE who showed so I can get their names in the credits? I did some editing last night and I think this will be done sooner than I thought.
I only wish I could put the names with the faces and handles, I still find myself saying "Whats your name again???"
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
And I cant wait to pull in a ling on the Spiderman rod, think Ill put some spiderwire on ot first!
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

EWB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
Great event. I couldn't have had a better time. Well a fish or two would have helped. Thanks to Mooch for the idea and Frank and Diane for dealing with all the details. And to all that supplied the food. It was off the hook! I felt a little sad to leave on Sat (only able to stay one night) then when I got home and the skies opened I FELT REALLY BAD. But that warm bed made me forget all about the sadness. Glad to see you all made it out on Sun. I am happy to report that the Barbie rod has become a real hit! Frank, my little girl doesn't know who you are but she loves you!

See ya all real soon!

Maddy happy as can be!

-Eric Berg

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
pic1~FryMaster1 and lil'cochino hunting hard in the downed woods.

pic2~BigAl& his little spidey pole

pic3~ the cows were watching it all go down from a distance....word on the pasture was "keep a distance, they've got a BIG FRYER and they're NOT AFFRAID to use it".

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • Indecision may, or may not, be my problem...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
Great event, as always! Thank you to Frank and Mooch for putting this one on!

The meat feast and company were awesome, but I felt like I needed to be rolled back to my tent each night after eating so much. The MBF tourney was a blast and I was proud to be a part of "Team Barbie" when Mike took it all.  :smt005 Unfortunately for me, I farmed both of the fish I had on, but it was blast fighting trout on those dinky little poles.

As I was loading up my gear Sunday morning at the parking lot I got to talking with a father and daughter that were getting ready to fish, so I donated my Barbie pole to the little girl. She was pretty happy about it, and I figured it would be better to give the pole to someone that would put it to good use.

I can't wait for the next big NCKA event. See you there!  :smt006
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett