Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:15:52 AM]

[Today at 04:04:00 AM]

[Today at 02:42:27 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:50:41 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 04:31:01 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 11:46:31 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:38:46 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 10:16:10 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Gimme Shelter 4 - Epic as Predicted - 5/14/2010-5/16/2010  (Read 21932 times)

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Yeah!!!!!!

That thing is a HAWG!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

CGN-38

• Del Valle Storm Trooper
  • Sea Lion
  • Survivor Del Valle FnC 09'
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
 :smt006

Wow.   
  Ok with that said, did that mole pictured in the net about an hour ago (Near the front of the posts) ever get used as bait? :smt044
  I saw some FAT fish pictured, and the carnage at the fish cleaning table? OMG!  This event looks like one I need to attend!  Sadly I won't be able to join the festivities till GS6 (Sometimes I hate work)

Member/survivor STORM TROOPER Brigade

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Ok with that said, did that mole pictured in the net about an hour ago (Near the front of the posts) ever get used as bait? :smt044

It was traded in for a birdie.
Catch & Repeat

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Outstanding gathering! Eric - congrats on another successful NCKA event! Maybe you can save me a spot for next year :smt002

BigGabe

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
I know it's way late, but I had some minor technical difficulties. Here goes.

MontanaN8V, Thanks for dragging me along. I can't wait for Albion.

Big Jim, Thanks so much for letting me fish with you and your crew after MontanaN8V splashed. I'll fish with you anytime. The Trident couldn't have gone to anyone more deserving. You and your family are great people. Are you going to Albion?

Bloodbath, It was great hanging out with you. You're a cool dude. I'll see you at the next event.

BaitNbeer, The uni was awesome. It was great seeing you again. We'll have to go fish Paradise Cove again soon.

Stoggie, I had a great time hanging out and fishing with you. Thanks for the help too.

BlackAb, Way to go on the event. It was a first class event and you're a first class guy. Thanks for everything.

I met so many great people and had an awesome time. The food way over the top. I was so stuffed I was afraid to move or I'd have popped.  :smt010 I learned a few things that will make next year even better. I'll be better prepared. I can't wait.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
Quote from: Mooch
Outstanding gathering! Eric - congrats on another successful NCKA event! Maybe you can save me a spot for next year :smt002

WAD, Mooch - your presence would elevate the event.  CU@GS5   :smt001

(there's gotta be a geeky texttalker out there that knows that's "Without A Doubt"   :smt003 )
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

HDRich

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008

Besides I don't think anyone could tolerate BigJim in his clown car yak any longer.  There was talk of making him wear a Bozo wig and clown make up if he kept it up.

He didn't mention his one other prize he got on Sunday.  He let me dive for abs with him because he took pity on me because I forgot my float.  While diving he lost his weight belt.  About 20 minutes later I found one that had been down long enough to begin to grow fur.  I humped it out of the depths a few feet at a time to a wash rock.  Back at the beach he declared it nicer than the one he lost (it fit too).  So he was still upgrading equipment.  I hope he bought a lottery ticket on the way home because his luck was running hot.

I was dreading putting that wig on...clowns freak me out!! Now I won't have to!!  :smt044 :smt044

Really enjoyed diving with you on Sunday and thanks again for helping me recoup the lost lead!!! Looking forward to using the "new" belt to get out and shoot some fish down at SWS sometime soon!!
Sincerely,

Jim

Jim,

I'm with you. Clowns freak me out too, especially after watching Steven King's movie It!!

Two cannibals catch a clown in the forest and start eating him. One cannibal looks at the other one and says, " does this taste funny to you.?" :smt003

Rich

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile

Besides I don't think anyone could tolerate BigJim in his clown car yak any longer.  There was talk of making him wear a Bozo wig and clown make up if he kept it up.

He didn't mention his one other prize he got on Sunday.  He let me dive for abs with him because he took pity on me because I forgot my float.  While diving he lost his weight belt.  About 20 minutes later I found one that had been down long enough to begin to grow fur.  I humped it out of the depths a few feet at a time to a wash rock.  Back at the beach he declared it nicer than the one he lost (it fit too).  So he was still upgrading equipment.  I hope he bought a lottery ticket on the way home because his luck was running hot.

I was dreading putting that wig on...clowns freak me out!! Now I won't have to!!  :smt044 :smt044

Really enjoyed diving with you on Sunday and thanks again for helping me recoup the lost lead!!! Looking forward to using the "new" belt to get out and shoot some fish down at SWS sometime soon!!
Sincerely,

Jim

Jim,

I'm with you. Clowns freak me out too, especially after watching Steven King's movie It!!

Two cannibals catch a clown in the forest and start eating him. One cannibal looks at the other one and says, " does this taste funny to you.?" :smt003

Rich

LMAO Rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
In return for the generosity of everyone, I think for next GS5, I will help compile a gear bag of stuff for people like myself that lost everything.  So, keep that in the back of your minds guys, and spare or old gear, set aside, and we can have a splash dog prize for most poetic dismount!
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
Quote from: MontanaN8V
In return for the generosity of everyone, I think for next GS5, I will help compile a gear bag of stuff for people like myself that lost everything.  So, keep that in the back of your minds guys, and spare or old gear, set aside, and we can have a splash dog prize for most poetic dismount!

Great idea, Rich, and way to be a man about the whole thing.   :smt045
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

BigGabe

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009

I'm sure I can come up with something to contribute. You've seen my garage.  :smt001
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
Was looking back through the original thread to see the name of the store where Greg/Cajun worked and found this....

Look at the writing on the wall behind the boat!! MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Truly was a Miracle that I managed to bring this beautiful boat home!!!!

Hope that maybe this Miracle might serve as inspiration for anybody (like me) that felt like they never had a chance in the world of winning anything in a tournament with so many amazing/experienced/superior anglers...

If you don't give it a shot you are for sure guaranteed not to catch any fish or win anything....if you go out and try your best, you never know...a Miracle just might happen!!!!!!

:smt001

Thanks again to Eric, Greg/Cajun, and everybody else for being a part of my Miracle!!!!

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~

daviator

• Sea Lion
  • tsui li baca = crazy about fishing
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
sonny,

thanks for posting your pics too.. I liked that headless drysuit pic..had me chuckling for a good few minutes..
then the pic with "martin dancing with wolf"...marty..whos leading?

thanks again for everyone who contributed to the potluck...no matter big or small, every donation to the potluck ensure no one left hungry..great fellowship for great community.
dave

Hobie-Dave

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
A major heartfelt thank you goes to Eric for hosting such a swell event. Pam and I got to meet, camp, party and fish with the best group of people imaginable. We just arrived back to the mainland last night from a week in Kauai. So now we can catch up with our NCKA friends and posts. dave...

anything