Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:45:12 PM]

[Today at 08:39:39 PM]

[Today at 08:38:39 PM]

[Today at 07:56:21 PM]

[Today at 07:50:41 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Albion 2010  (Read 34016 times)

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Funniest quote:

"If you want someone to catch something, throw it at their p#@&$%."

I almost gave Mooch a heart attack on the way home, but I'll let him tell it...  when he recovers.

No fish for me, but I found a patch of urchins on a rock about 3 feet deep.  Hopped out and picked a few to share with Joe, Janis, Juan, Jim, and a few others who's names don't start with J.

BigJim

• A-Hull
  • Manatee
  • No white flags.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Thanks for sharing the Uni Eric!! I looked all over for more yesterday, but could only get that one!!  :smt012

It was great hanging out with you bro!!!

My favorite quote of the weekend:

"Mooch is every man's friend"

:smt006

Sincerely,

Jim

~GS4  2010-1st~
~DOTY 2013-1st~
~T2B2 2015-1st~
*DOTY: 2012-5th~2014-5th~2015-4th~2016-7th~2017-4th~2018-5th~2019-5th~2020-2nd*

LapuLapu

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2009
What can I say.  Darn Big Jim said it all!  Just want to say thanks a bunch to Craig, Linelle and the sponsors for putting together such a great event.  No fish love for me.  I even went out Sunday morning and got skunked.  Next time I'm going to follow MontanaN.  He sure knows where the fish are those 2 days.

Rey

melikle

• Uno mas cervesa por favor!
  • Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
GREAT WEEKEND!! 

I had a great time, this being my first tournament and all.  Too bad I couldn't get that Clavey's gift certificate (1-2 fish short)...but next time.  Great job to the winners, esp. #2, cuz he's my man  ;-)...but really, CONGRATS to all 3!  This group is a great crowd to be around & they do great things, for seemingly great people (Mooch)!!  Craig & Linelle-you guys are awesome for putting this whole thing together.  It turned out awesome, & you should be proud.

Can't wait for next year!

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
More later. Back to work now :smt010 :smt044
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

mooch

• 2006 Angler of the Year
  • Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Another EPIC got together by the NCKA family. I personally want thank Craig, Linelle, sponsors and every single NCKA MEMBER that made the trip. With all the problems that we all face in this world that we live in, it's sooooo refreshing to spend an entire weekend with you all. I made it to camp (Thanks to Eric B for driving me but I didn't appreciate he fact that he almost killed - more on that later) and it was pure joy just to see our members slowly trickle in....seeing all the high fives, the hug, the handshakes and the first time introductions...even watching the dogs wag their tails and sniff each others butts was a sight one can only hope to experience every single day. Hell, If I was a dog, I'd be wagging my tail all weekend long :smt003 It was definitely a feel good moment. Gatherings like this is what I call a family reunion - and it really is. What was hard was seeing everyone leave on Sunday  :smt011 ....even my tail stopped wagging :smt009 Needless to say, I had a great time (was there ever an NCKA event that was never fun? I think NOT :smt002)

...but the feeling of that "great time" suddenly ended on the drive home with Eric B.....I'll let him tell the story. My personal message to Eric B. is this =  :smt075 :smt076 :smt093 :smt068 :smt062 :smt097

Congrats to all the tournament winners!!!

Thank you all for the generous donations. My family thanks you all as well!

Much love from da mooch :smt008
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:53:33 PM by Mooch »

Papa Al

• You can call me Al
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2005
This was a fun weekend. Eric, Eddie and I had a great time.

A few words of thanks first:

Craig and Linelle... you both put a lot of time and effort into this event and it turned out great. Good job! Thank you so much.

Tote and Becky...the Tiki Lounge and margaritas rocked. You are both great hosts. Thank you for creating a comfortable place to hang out.

Our camp neighbors Chris and James...the boys and I enjoyed spending time with you both of you. Thank you for sharing your food, stories and friendship with us. A big thanks to James for giving the squid jig to Eric. The salmon he caught on that was the highlight of our trip. It was his first saltwater fish and truly the catch of a lifetime for the young man.

I could go on and on, so thank you to all the brothers and everyone else involved.

I took a bunch of pics. Here's a few. The others can be seen on my FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199222&id=777703289&l=5b0cb91c47

Best regards to all,
Al, Eric and Eddie

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:01:52 PM by Alfredo »

mako1

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
The day of the tournament had rough seas, but the wind was not an issue, plus, we had sunshine! It was such a nice day back at camp.
Thanks to all!
I should have taken more pics, but I can share a couple.
If you don't know where you're headed, any road could get you there.

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
The salmon he caught on that was the highlight of our trip. It was his first saltwater fish and truly the catch of a lifetime for the young man.

Alfredo, despite all the crap I gave your son, I can truly say that he has my out most respect. And his honesty reflects the fact that you have raised him well :smut045

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Ok...

Mooch was complaining about my driving on the way up, just because a couple of overgrown bushes touched his mirror....  I had to hear about it all weekend, from several different sources...

So it was a long, boring drive home...  my mind got to wandering while Mooch started to nod off...  trying with little success to stifle a snicker, I kinda let my head roll forward, and while carefully keeping an eye on the road I let out a lil snore...  The snore woke Mooch up and I saw the fear of death in his eye as he slapped me.  

I thought I took things a bit too far, and tried to apologise, but apologies are hard to accept when someone is laughing uncontrollably, and I understand that.

Silence for about 50 miles...  then around Santa Rosa finally Mooch breaks the silence...  "that was a good one, I admit...  You should swerved into the dirt, if you wanted to really get me good..."

:smt044

Love ya, Brother!  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me!

mooch

• Manatee
  • Cancer Fighter
  • View Profile
j
ust because a couple of overgrown bushes touched his mirror....

apparently Eric forgot to mention that the overgrown bushes that touched the passenger side mirror (where I was sitting) was a sure sign that we were about inches away from the end of the road and seconds away from rolling down the 100 foot ravine :smt011

as far as the ride home...a joke like that would have triggered a heart attack. Your lucky I don't have heart issues or I would have haunted you for the rest of your living life :smt045

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me!

Not a chance....watch your back and sleep with one eye open  :smt045 Payback is on it's way  :smt077

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
j
ust because a couple of overgrown bushes touched his mirror....

apparently Eric forgot to mention that the overgrown bushes that touched the passenger side mirror (where I was sitting) was a sure sign that we were about inches away from the end of the road and seconds away from rolling down the 100 foot ravine :smt011

as far as the ride home...a joke like that would have triggered a heart attack. Your lucky I don't have heart issues or I would have haunted you for the rest of your living life :smt045

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me!

Not a chance....watch your back and sleep with one eye open  :smt045 Payback is on it's way  :smt077

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044

I woulda snored too...good one Eric! Better watch out for bananas at the beach tho.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

HDRich

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
Donna and I had a great time . We decided to stop at Pepperwood Pottery on 128 on the way in, and were blown away by the beauty of both the studios , property, and the talents fo Doug Johnson, the artist. Next year, if you're coming in on 128, Pepperwood is on the left right after the Rock Stop, about 15 miles before you hit Highway 1.

Craig and Linelle,

You 2 are an awesome team. Thank you VERY much for the most excellent tourney to date. Your organization skills are amazing.

Tote and Becky,

The Tiki Bar and Lounge rocked!! We really enjoyed hanging with you, Becky, John, Lisa, Scott and .... damn, forgot her name for the moment. Great stories, great food, and a breathalyzer test!! I passed, Donna failed.

EWB and I paddled out at around 7:00am into huge swells. We were fishing maybe 20 feet apart and for the most part couldn't see each other. He'd be up, I'd be down.We worked all around the buoy, then inside north wall, then southside wall nuthin but dinks...

The potluck was over the top as usual, with fantastic foods from everyone.

Great silent auction, raffle and thanks to all the sponsers and those who donated to the cause.

Rich and Donna

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Here's a video, youtube muted the tune :smt011 it was a Johnny Winter, so crank up something else till I switch it out.....
check out these swells......
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vX9rjc2aEg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vX9rjc2aEg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
HA! The video turned out better than I thought..... glad the music was saved, it seemed fitting, both songs..Johnny and Neil.
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

anything